Push begun to keep Starbucks

Full story: Baltimore Sun 14
Now that Starbucks Corp. has disclosed the 600 locations it wants to shutter, a phenomenon is taking hold: the Save Our Starbucks campaign. Full Story
Kitkat

Prince Frederick, MD

#1 Jul 22, 2008
Far as I am concerned Starbucks could close all their shops. Horrible coffee.
beano

Woodbridge, VA

#2 Jul 22, 2008
Give Starbucks a makeover; but a true makeover. Lower the prices big time. The yuppoids grew kind of tired of them anyway. But there's a whole population demographic untouched - the unwashed masses so to speak. Improvise. It's the great American way.
Rick

Owings Mills, MD

#3 Jul 22, 2008
Let them close...please! there are plenty of locally owned caffine pushers that need our busniess.
GHT

Portland, OR

#4 Jul 22, 2008
if one closes just walk a block or 2 to the next one.
GHT

Portland, OR

#5 Jul 22, 2008
beano wrote:
Give Starbucks a makeover; but a true makeover. Lower the prices big time. The yuppoids grew kind of tired of them anyway. But there's a whole population demographic untouched - the unwashed masses so to speak. Improvise. It's the great American way.
don't kid yourself, there are plenty of 6-16 year olds hooked and addicted to their daily fix of 600+ calorie Ralph Macchiatos.
Danielle

Brooklyn, MD

#6 Jul 22, 2008
I am sorry to hear that the one in Belvedere Square is slated to close. I must confess that I don't go there, but I think that it is good for the neighborhood. I hope that they reconsider!
No more

United States

#7 Jul 22, 2008
After walking out $9.07 poorer with two medium (yes, medium--i refuse to use their ridiculous names) java chip's in hand, I swore off Starbucks last month. They could close all their stores and I wouldn't notice. Best wishes to the affected employees, however.
Rich

Washington, DC

#8 Jul 22, 2008
I make good coffee at home, and it is cheap.
The_Mick

Woodstock, MD

#9 Jul 22, 2008
At work we went in on a coffeemaker and took turns buying coffee. When the coffee club died out due to those retiring before me, I bought a 24 oz coffee thermos and filled it each morning at home with my 4-cup (20 oz) coffeemaker. I think I was able to retire a few years early because I did those things instead of Starbucks.
Susan

Israel

#10 Jul 23, 2008
I never went to Starbucks, but when I came home to Balto to visit my dad told me that there is something really addictive in it, more so than in regular coffee. He knows people who can't live without it and told me not to start. What do they put in that stuff?
GHT

Portland, OR

#12 Jul 23, 2008
The_Mick wrote:
At work we went in on a coffeemaker and took turns buying coffee. When the coffee club died out due to those retiring before me, I bought a 24 oz coffee thermos and filled it each morning at home with my 4-cup (20 oz) coffeemaker. I think I was able to retire a few years early because I did those things instead of Starbucks.
yeah but it's not espresso. Cant live without my espresso.
Danielle

Brooklyn, MD

#13 Jul 24, 2008
Dragon wrote:
<quoted text>
There is your answer as to why Starbucks are closing -- You don't go there, and appearantly neither does anybody else.
I know and I agree. I don't like shelling out unnecessary money, which is why I eat breakfast at home and typically pack my lunch for work. I really do think though that the Starbucks was good for the revitalization of the area! Oh well, at least there still is Belvedere Market...
James

Chicago, IL

#14 Dec 18, 2011
I make better coffee at home than any starbucks coffee..i use the best machine I got in this site: http://capressocoffeemakerreviews.com/ .
Kristie

Chicago, IL

#15 Jan 23, 2012
I love Starbucks but it’s getting ridiculously expensive. So, no thanks. My coffee maker makes those gourmet coffee too which I got here: http://capressocoffeemakerreviews.com/

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bowie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pump It Up In Lanham - Horrible Experience! (Apr '09) Dec 4 Mary 32
joseph carson velez child molester Nov '14 concerned niegbor 2
Sex Abuser allowed to serve home detention in B... (May '14) Nov '14 thetruthaboutjoea... 2
hidden crime in bowie md (Nov '08) Nov '14 thetruthaboutjoea... 83
Wal-Mart denied request to build Supercenter in... Nov '14 Angelsbobbi 2
Bowie heats up battle against global warming Oct '14 SpaceBlues 1
Bowie Pet Owners: 10 Ways to Keep Your Pets Saf... Oct '14 Anonymous 1
Bowie Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Bowie People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Bowie News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Bowie

Personal Finance