Pump It Up In Lanham - Horrible Exper...
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Portsmouth, VA

#21 Oct 14, 2011
I had my daughters 2nd birthday at pumpitup in Lahnam and had wonderful service. I also attended other birthday parties there that had wonderful service. Never a bad experience. Seats (benches) are provided for seating. A lot of parents like to jump with the kids so not everyone is sitting. Also coats are put on a rack and shoes in a bin and both are transferred by staff to the next party room (no problems there...) Wonderful place for a party away from home. You do absolutely nothing the staff was great and friendly on every occassion/party I have been to at the Lahman location....

Moyock, NC

#22 Oct 14, 2011
My location is Washington DC not Norfolk...

United States

#23 Oct 16, 2011
Pump it up!! It was a nightmare, glow in the dark event, loud music and kids jumping... The place is dangerous when is dark and we can't hardly see where are our kids, I went with my kids and my daughter had a twisted ankle, now I'm in my way to the emergency room since she can't walk, the manager of the place wasnt the nicest person, plus it looks like he was under alot of stress, I told him what happened and he asked me what do you want to do? They gave me some ice and he didn't come close to ask how she was doing, we were there for longer than 30 minutes he could at least ask... I won't recommend this place, it is very dangerous...

Ypsilanti, MI

#24 Jan 12, 2012
Fpi wrote:
Many of the comments are simply untrue. There are cubbies and coat racks in both arenas and attendants (employees) transfer them with your party into every room. Pump it up is a business and many of you who think you know how to run it would fail terribly. Pump it up is not licensed by the health department to let you bring outside food into the facility, because when you do and some kid turns up with salmonella guess who gets sued? Also in response to DIS if you have an official emergency, or if your child is injured and you provide the proper documents, pump it up will reschedule your party FREE OF CHARGE. And btw proper documents are as simple as a doctors note. If we schedule a party we have staff sched. to work, as well as food deliveries, and a blocked off time. Don't you think it would be a stupid business decision to let parties drop out of their contract last minute with no valid reason? You are ONLY charged to your original card if you have not followed through with the agreed contract, and we cannot get in touch with you. I hoped I cleared some things up for you. & Please remember to think before you post these ridiculous comments.
Its quite obvious you work for Pump it Up. The way you responded kind of has a nasty tone which validates what people are saying. I am glad that Pump it up Staff is finally reading these message boards. Maybe we will see improvements.

Washington, DC

#25 Apr 5, 2012
We went for a birthday party and I was NOT impressed. Although my son (4) had fun - I found the staff to be very unprofessional, unattentive and flat out ghetto. When I looked at the prices for a birthday party, there was no way we were going to spend $500 for a 90 min party.
The pop in jump time is better because not many people know about it so it's not very crowded.
However, last time we went I demanded that they 1) turn the music down which was blaring so loud the speakers were muffled and 2)play more age appropriate music. There is no way Rhianna and Chris Brown's "Birthday Cake" (UNCENSORED) should be playing while the ghetto fabulous "attendant" flirts with the male patrons.
This is typical PG County ratchetness at it's finest.

Manassas, VA

#26 Sep 12, 2012
Pump it up in lanham is some shyt!!! I'd never refer anyone their! Point blank period don't have you child's party there

Manassas, VA

#27 Sep 12, 2012
Oo yea jus block their charges to ur credit card if they try to make u pay.... Thas what I Wud do

Roselle, IL

#28 Oct 14, 2012
I took my 7year old dature there and it was a disaster I paid money and they were sopose to pay me back but they didn't they said no refunds just rude

Madison Heights, MI

#29 Dec 14, 2012
I just had this same problem today!!!!!! Pump It Up is definitely a rip-off!!!!!$100 dollars gone to waste! Then on top of that, they charged my card the remainder balance and told me that I couldn't reschedule my sons party. And if I did decide to reschedule I would have to pay another $300. Then had the nerve to tell me the only way I could reschedule the party without extra charges my son had to be sick and I needed a doctors note!!! WTF is this school?!!! The female employees there are ghetto as well...

Madison Heights, MI

#30 Dec 14, 2012
Kelli wrote:
Oo yea jus block their charges to ur credit card if they try to make u pay.... Thas what I Wud do
LOL!!! Thats what I did

United States

#31 Dec 14, 2013
Had a horrible experience today at Pump it up for my best friend son party. The staff is rude not friendly at all and they rush you the whole time they serve you Papa John's Pizza and do not tell you that and the peace or war $15 apiece.save your $300 and go to Chuck E Cheese

Columbia, MD

#32 Dec 4, 2014
I recently held my daughter's birthday party at Pump it Up. While the playrooms were spectacular and the kids enjoyed themselves, I could not have been more dissatisfied with my experience due to the horrendous customer service of the staff on duty. As an initial matter, the party was supposed to begin promptly at 3 pm. Per Pump It Up’s confirmation letter, I asked my guests to arrive 15 minutes early to view the safety video. The staff did not start the safety video until 3. Then, there was another party in the room that we were supposed to start in. My guests did not get into Party Room A until 3:07. When a party is 90 minutes, every minute counts. However, when I asked the hostess if we would have the full time in the room given the delay, she shrugged her shoulders and said I needed to inquire at the front desk. I went to the front desk, and I asked a young woman at the desk. She acted as if my question was a disturbance to her; and she was incredibly rude and dismissive. She indicated that extra time would be added on, but she was inexplicably angry about my inquiry. Because I was hosting a party, I let it go, and went back to the party room.

The timing issue arose again when the staff unceremoniously started to clean up as my guests were eating at 4:15 or 4:20. I went to the front desk again and the same stone-faced staff person and other members informed me that I was already provided extra time in the other playrooms. I asked how that was possible if this was a 90 minute party that started 7 minutes late and the staff was already attempting to rush my guests out before 4:30. They then said I would have until 4:35 in the party room. However, with the clean up and disruption in the room, I did not receive that extra time. Given that I spent $600 for a 90 minute party, I am shocked that the staff demonstrated zero understanding that every minute should have been provided. Their sole focus was to get my party finished by 4:30 so that the next party could start. This is completely unacceptable and not how paying customers should be treated.

In addition, I paid for the superhero training camp. After about 25 minutes into the party, I asked my hostess when the superhero training would take place. Her response was,“Oh, this is a superhero party?” My hostess was completely unaware of the extra amenities that were paid for. In the second party room, the staff put on masks. But instead of the superhero training activities that were advertised in the video on the website, the staff did a half-hearted relay race. There was no excitement, no enthusiasm, and the staff did not engage the kids in the least or do anything to make the birthday girl feel special. Moreover, my daughter never even received her superhero cape. The superhero training was a complete waste of time and money because of the lackluster execution by Pump it Up’s staff. Moreover, the staff forgot to distribute ice cream cups that I paid for to the partygoers, but in the commotion, I wasn't able to address it.

As a mother of a young child, I have attended plenty of birthday parties. The staff at My Gym and other locations are good with kids, enthusiastic, and engaging. They make the birthday party special and make the birthday child feel special. They do not just stand around like lumps on a log. The staff at Pump it Up was simply awful. Their sole purpose was to move each party from room to room. They did not care about the experience of the partygoers; they did not care about the kids; and they certainly did not care about customer service. I am baffled that Pump it Up, a location that hosts kids’ birthday parties, would have such unfriendly staff. I spent a considerable amount of money on
my daughter’s birthday party, but I was treated like a nuisance and my legitimate questions and concerns were dismissed. When I sent a complaint letter to management, I never received a response. Awful.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bowie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Nealon, John J Phd - John J Nealon PHD (Oct '10) Oct 18 Dick 5
Sex Abuser allowed to serve home detention in B... (May '14) Oct 9 Philbert 3
Kettering ES Oct 6 11000Layton 1
Hello Wonderful and Friendly PG County! Sep '16 Doctor James 3
News Crofton speedway noise bill gets restart (Sep '09) Sep '16 Philbert 38
BOWIE MD NEWS Article Aug '16 Kevin 2
Why do ALL Black People SMELL (and steal, and r... Jul '16 JigsCallMeSir 2

Bowie Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance