gorc stands for no integrity

gorc stands for no integrity

Posted in the Bowie Forum

lib

Hyattsville, MD

#1 May 22, 2009
Sadly, GORC, Gambrills athletic girls lacrosse teams, have some of the worst coaches who teach unsportsman like behavior to their players. They have been accused of cheating, by pulling A team players to play down to the B team, and B team players being pulled down to the C team. As a result, they are teaching their girls that winning is the most important thing, and that character is non-existent. I feel sorry for the kids who have to play under these coaches, and the parents who will in turn have to deal with behavior issues in some of these girls who take these coaches teaching to heart.
hcv

Columbus, IN

#2 May 24, 2009
I AGREE!!!!!!!!!!The Junior Girls Coaches and Parents are the WORSE!!! Some of the B Team parents during a championship game with Bowie THIS WEEK, we're standing behind the Bowie stands and were CURSING and hurling insults at the Bowie girls! PARENTS were calling the Bowie girls Bitc...s - PARENTS!!!! TERRIBLE, JUST TERRIBLE SPORTSMANSHIP, AND TERRIBLE EXAMPLES. Don't put your kids in that organization under that lacrosse coach.
Tracy DeLeon

Odenton, MD

#3 May 26, 2009
My daughter is on the GORC C team and there has never been a game where a B player has played with the C team. Our coaches are amazing and positive. I guess I have never been around the parents you are referring to, as my daughter's team is taught nothing but positive lacrosse from her coaches.
from crofton

Cockeysville, MD

#4 May 31, 2009
This is NOT just lacrosse...been living here for 15 years and the GORC organization is like this through and through...all sports, all coaches, and all kids.
GORC Parent

Lutherville Timonium, MD

#6 May 31, 2009
I have had three children grow up through GORC programs (soccer, lacrosse, cheerleading)and have ALWAYS had coaches who were fair, taught excellent sportsmanship and skills. My daughter has been involved in the lacrosse program this Spring and the coaches are not guilty of any of the accusations stated above. In contrast, we have played teams who have substituted upper level players on lower level teams and who have displayed poor sportsmanship in a variety of ways. The GORC coaches have consistently been great role models to their players and would never tolerate unsportmanslike behavior from their players or anyone else in the organization.
BCF

Baltimore, MD

#7 Jun 7, 2009
Crofton Integrity? Not showing up for a scheduled game without contacting ANYONE - opposing coaches, parents, or tournament coordinators b/c it "doesn't count"? It counted for all of the girls and their families who made the effort and sacrifice to show up. Nice. Are you sure "integrity" is the right name for your team?
Crofton Parent

Lutherville Timonium, MD

#8 Jun 7, 2009
BCF, what games did GORC not show up for? Yes, GORC does have integrity although we have played several teams this year who did not have integrity. GORC however took the high road and did not make an issue out of it. The parents and coaches who are attacking GORC without any real facts are the ones displaying poor sportsmanship.
GORC player

Odenton, MD

#9 Mar 28, 2011
I am an 8th grade girl who plays lacrosse for GOCR. My mother is the coach of our team, she NEVER lets us show any signs of bad sportsmanship! We always shake hands with the other team and the reffs. We are not allowed to say anything unsportsman like or we get benched. If we are beating a team by a lot she will make us practice plays and make a number of passes before we can score again. I think the people who are accusing GORC of having no integrity and poor sportsmanship should look at the way their players laugh in our faces, don't shake our hands, and make rude comments to us when they win or lose. I am told after every game we lose to have good sportsmanship. So to read the made up comments on this website...it's just pathetic.
GORC MOM

Lusby, MD

#10 Mar 24, 2013
Both my kids have played for GORC for 5 years including LAX. I believe Crofton was caught taking players from A teams and so forth I believe it was CROFTON that was disciplined for this, and I was there to witness CROFTON doing the name calling at GORC. LET THE Truth BE TOLD...whoever it is that is making this up SHAME ON U!!!!

GO WILDCATS!!!
Thank You

Ashburn, VA

#11 Apr 29, 2013
Thnak y'all for saving your Dixie Cups. The South done rised agin on the backs of yankee transplants! Keep a comin yankees. After you good and settled, we gonna nationalize you'ins money and property for the New Dixieland.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bowie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
HEY YO! Why do N(EYE)GGERS steal, and SMELL Nov 30 Sam Lancaster 1
News Soldier from Bowie, Maryland, dies in Kuwait Nov 14 LEWIS 1
todd hibler (Jun '14) Nov 7 excrofton 2
News Prince George's Co. NAACP calls for removal of ... Nov 5 juice 1
Review: Nealon, John J Phd - John J Nealon PHD (Oct '10) Oct '16 Dick 5
Sex Abuser allowed to serve home detention in B... (May '14) Oct '16 Philbert 3
Kettering ES Oct '16 11000Layton 1

Bowie Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance