Man Stabbed At Six Flags - News Story - WRC | Washington

Prince George's County police said a 29-year-old man was stabbed during an argument at Six Flags America near Bowie. Full Story
First Prev
of 8
Next Last
No Name

Montgomery Village, MD

#1 Jun 15, 2008
Doesn't surprise me, Bowie has turned into a ghetto.
O VEY

Falls Church, VA

#2 Jun 15, 2008
And this is the reason why we avoid crowds that are full of the darker persuasions.
Oh Well

Silver Spring, MD

#3 Jun 15, 2008
The violence has moved to the amusement parks too?
R Osborn

Danville, VA

#4 Jun 15, 2008
It is really a pathetic commentary that a theme park where people are suppose to go to enjoy themselves has to become a front line of thuggery. We (my family) went two years ago and the clientele proved unsafe, unruly and not worth the price of admission. The park would be nice if it were not for its under privileged and under educated patrons.
Max

Stafford, VA

#5 Jun 15, 2008
O VEY wrote:
And this is the reason why we avoid crowds that are full of the darker persuasions.
unfortunate but very true.
Paul S

Germantown, MD

#6 Jun 15, 2008
I went to this SixFlags ONCE....it was a mistake and I've never been back. For an amusement park, it was about as amusing as a 2am car ride through Southeast.

Dey was prolly jus clowning doh.
RU Kidding

Osprey, FL

#7 Jun 15, 2008
An alledged knife assault, in PG County?

Say it ain't so!

There goes the neighborhood.
JAM

Woodbridge, VA

#8 Jun 15, 2008
Stay out of Thug Park!! They ought to rename it Ghetto Land Animal Park!!
Nik

Washington, DC

#9 Jun 15, 2008
R Osborn wrote:
It is really a pathetic commentary that a theme park where people are suppose to go to enjoy themselves has to become a front line of thuggery. We (my family) went two years ago and the clientele proved unsafe, unruly and not worth the price of admission. The park would be nice if it were not for its under privileged and under educated patrons.
Exactly right. Under-educated is right. Parents that think "success" means you have a Mercedes instead of a moral compass.

Obviously not all black people are bad, but it's a darn shame that 99% of the time it's some black kids that are at the bottom of it. Black parents, stop letting your kids idolize thugs!!! Quit buying the music, take down the posters, take them to church and buy them books before basketballs.

So sad that your grandparents, who walked alongside MLK, Carmicheal, fought against firehoses and lynch mobs, are losing to the likes of Lil'Weezey, Lil' Wayne, Yung Joc and whoever. How could such a proud and strong people let this happen?
yes

Westminster, MD

#10 Jun 15, 2008
They wonder why people don't like them, and move away when they move in.... Wherever they go it turns into a crime ridden dump. But hey still just blame all your troubles on white people.....
NIKO

Arlington, VA

#11 Jun 15, 2008
Uh-oh, Nik. You're sure to be called a racist now because you are once again putting the black race down. How odd though that when you start bringing up their mistakes, you're known as a racist. But then, they can have a black reunion at the mall, and other races can't. And they can have a black history month, but other races can't. Now that's what I would call "racism." But then you have to look at it from their point of view. They have been held down since the days of slavery (which, I might add, ocurred 150 years ago) and they continue to get lower and lower and lower. Snicker, snicker!
Nik

Washington, DC

#12 Jun 15, 2008
Didn't mean to go on a tangent, but I've been going there since it was Wild World. Those same punks that were gritting on people back then grew up to make Six Flags what it is today.
Nik

Washington, DC

#13 Jun 15, 2008
NIKO wrote:
Uh-oh, Nik. You're sure to be called a racist now because you are once again putting the black race down. How odd though that when you start bringing up their mistakes, you're known as a racist. But then, they can have a black reunion at the mall, and other races can't. And they can have a black history month, but other races can't. Now that's what I would call "racism." But then you have to look at it from their point of view. They have been held down since the days of slavery (which, I might add, ocurred 150 years ago) and they continue to get lower and lower and lower. Snicker, snicker!
Good point, you know it'll happen. Sad thing is, the missus is black and so are the kids.
Daniel Snyder

AOL

#14 Jun 15, 2008
Being I own the park, I should rename it:
DC's Wild Kingdom

Sign over the park entrance reads:
Welcome to the jungle

The metal detectors arent there to detect guns or knives.. its to scan your wallet & see what your credit limit is, or how much cash you have.
TBA

United States

#15 Jun 15, 2008
Six Flags here is a JOKE. I rather go to the one in TX which is WAY BETTER. This one is owned by Dan Snyder, Owner of the Losing Skins.
Rickdogg

Hagerstown, MD

#16 Jun 15, 2008
My family and I love amusement parks, but I refuse to go to Six Flags because it is nothing but a glorified ghetto. Even a family memeber who just retired from the police force in P.G. County said to say away because there are terf wars taking place inside the gates and that most of the violence there doesn't make the news.
Im Just a Kid

Germantown, MD

#17 Jun 15, 2008
No Name wrote:
Doesn't surprise me, Bowie has turned into a ghetto.
Ok first off I live in Bowie now and I am trying to figure out where it is ghetto?? I lived in Gaithersburg my whole life and I believe that there is far more violence and ignorance up there! And for everyone else that is saying racist comments on here I would just like to point out the fact that the article never stated what race the young men were. All races of trash go to Six Flags it's not just black people. So before you start assuming ignorant things I would like to say that you stop and look at your own race! PG county may be all black but it is one of the most wealthy all black counties in the United States. So many prominent and powerful people live in this county. All of you truly need to get lives and stop judging a whole race of people based on the stories you have heard on the news. Maybe you should try and get to know others that are different than yourself and realize that you actually have more in common than you would think!!! O and by the way I am truly disgraced by all of your racial comments and feel shamed to be white myself ;)
NIKO

Arlington, VA

#18 Jun 15, 2008
Wow! Are you really that big of an idiot? And you're White? Are you one of those White dudes who can't get a White gurl because you're trailer trash so need to date the hood rats. Yawn!

And you know as well as I do that Six Flags is mostly ghetto. There's hardly any White people there. The only White people you see there are the ones who haven't realized it's a ghetto trap! And your P(redominantly) G(hetto) County might be the wealthiest, but explain how come so many murders, robberies, so much crime is there? Take a look at Loudoun County? It's wealthy, also but less than a dozen murders there last year. Or what about Fairfax County? Much, much richer than PG County, but only a dozen murders there last year. And Prince William? Again, only a dozen murders there last year. All of the counties are predominantly White and Hispanic. Not many blacks at all live there. Are you smart enough to figure it out? And yes, I've looked at my own race and am proud of it!

And based on the news? I don't need to. Just ride the subway in the afternoons or mornings. You shall see. But alas, there's more. Try stepping foot in NE, SE or PG County. Or Adams Morgan. I can assure you that you take your chances of getting out alive or from not being robbed. Now come over to northern Virginia. Chances are much, much better that nothing's gonna happen to you!!!!!!!!!!

Have I made myself clear!?????
Nik

Washington, DC

#19 Jun 15, 2008
Im Just a Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok first off I live in Bowie now and I am trying to figure out where it is ghetto?? I lived in Gaithersburg my whole life and I believe that there is far more violence and ignorance up there! And for everyone else that is saying racist comments on here I would just like to point out the fact that the article never stated what race the young men were. All races of trash go to Six Flags it's not just black people. So before you start assuming ignorant things I would like to say that you stop and look at your own race! PG county may be all black but it is one of the most wealthy all black counties in the United States. So many prominent and powerful people live in this county. All of you truly need to get lives and stop judging a whole race of people based on the stories you have heard on the news. Maybe you should try and get to know others that are different than yourself and realize that you actually have more in common than you would think!!! O and by the way I am truly disgraced by all of your racial comments and feel shamed to be white myself ;)
I should get out and get to know people different than myself? Get to know different races huh? Well, I married outside my race and I'm STILL SAYING IT. Matter of fact, the missus says the same d*** thing.
G L Rockwell

Cockeysville, MD

#20 Jun 15, 2008
Gee it sounds like the old Glen Echo Park, land of the riots back in the sixties. Freedom fighters would riot and run wild until all the whites finally quit coming. The Freedom Fighters would liberate the park and then march along Fox Hall Road where from high on the bluffs the rich folks would hunch down by their windows and have a pistol in the hand. Kind of reminds me when I lived in Alexandria before open housing. Moderate income, crime free, no rats and generally everybody obed the common sense way of living. At first, a few blacks, then as whites fled, a flood. The trash on the street. Then the mice and rats. Then the crime. The beer bottle collecter's dream. The social workers coming and going. No the place where police said there was little crime became a high crime area. Notice at night, black people never use the sidewalk. They are so afraid of being attacked, they use the middle of the street and stay away from dark areas or bushes. The place eventually closed and was rebuilt. In fact, it is now Foxchase. From working class white, to black, to welfare, to slum, to closing, back to yuppie. Wow. What a history. Racist not at all just the truth.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bowie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Snapchat Stories Mon readyfor-anything 1
Brooklyn Park residents get educated on gang ac... (Oct '09) Sep 5 pico 9
07816930445 Aug '14 raz 1
Wal-Mart denied request to build Supercenter in... Aug '14 Jessie 1
Who do you support for U.S. House in Maryland (... (Oct '10) Jul '14 Tim the Bagger 7
Prince George's County Animal Watch Jul '14 mike 1
Maryland hospital will stop hiring smokers Jun '14 TruthBeTold 2
•••
•••
•••

Bowie Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••
•••

Bowie People Search