Joshua Lamy jailed for 40 to 80 years after killing woman, baby in DWI wreck

Feb 19, 2008 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: UnionLeader.com

Lamy was convicted of multiple counts of aggravated DWI, second-degree assault and manslaughter in the deaths of Sheila Moody, 39, and infant Dominic Emmons, who died 13 days after the crash. via UnionLeader.com

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of45
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Seyarra Lamy

Beverly, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2008

Judged:

Congrats to the selfish people out there who think my cousin is a killer.He's not hes nothing but good.I understand he killed two people and i would be upset too but how many of your kids drink ..how many of you drink..but you forgive them if they mess up.This is a wrong place at the wrong time situation but if you dont take my word email me and we will talk this through!

prpgal57@aim.com

Since: Jul 08

Tyngsboro

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2008

I am sorry your family is going through this.. One bad decision has effected your lives and the lives of many others for many years to come... My thoughts and prayers are with your family as well as the Moddy family.
SteveB

Manchester, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2008

But he IS a killer - you say it yourself in the second sentence. I'm sure he didn't do it on purpose , but he did do it.
Mark

Hooksett, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2008

Judged:

seyarra, read this.

"I wish my Mommy would come back. Since she has been gone, I never have as much fun. And I miss getting a kiss or a hug from her."

Those are the words of Sarah Goyette, age 10. Two years ago tomorrow, her mother, Sheila Moody, 39, was a passenger in a Manchester taxi when it was struck by a drunk driver traveling at more than 100 mph. Moody died three days later.

The taxi driver, Brianna Emmons, was pregnant. Her son Dominic suffered severe brain damage and died two weeks later.

"To this day, every time I see a little boy (Dominic's) age, I cry," Dominic's grandmother Concetta Bianchini said Thursday at the drunk driver's sentencing.

so in summary, i feel ZERO sympathy for joshua "100 MPH drunk-driver, mother-killer, unborn-child-killer" lamy.
Seyarra

Bedford, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2008

Judged:

Ok i understand this Mark. But like i said if it was one of your own you probally wouldnt want people saying they were a killer. He didnt mean to do it! His actions were bad and i do feel sorry for Sarah..i would hate it if my mother died.I understand that if it was one of my family members were hit by a drunk driver id be rip shit as all hell especially if they die.But unlike alot of people i dont tell everyone on the internet how i feel it common respect for his family "me". For Brianna Emmons i feel for her son but what i have heard about her did not excite me one bit. I wish everyone happiness . Its just really hard having someone you love locked up until i have kids my age.
Brianna Emmons

Trenton, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2009

Judged:

You know what seyarra its nice that you can sit here on your computer and make these remarks about me but you really don't know me. You sit here and say that what you've heard about me doesn't excite you well your not getting this information from any reliable source. I just want to let you know that ignorance is bliss and you still have your cousin, I don't have my SON. I don't expect a reply just leave it at that and let my son and ms. Moody rest in peace
brianna fairbanks

Dover, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2009

Judged:

Brianna Emmons wrote:
You know what seyarra its nice that you can sit here on your computer and make these remarks about me but you really don't know me. You sit here and say that what you've heard about me doesn't excite you well your not getting this information from any reliable source. I just want to let you know that ignorance is bliss and you still have your cousin, I don't have my SON. I don't expect a reply just leave it at that and let my son and ms. Moody rest in peace
to brianna emmons,first off im sorry youre going through this. i just read about this and i was just wondering if there was anyway i could talk to you. i lost my son in a car accident also..i wasnt as far along, and before hand he was healthy. the accident was december 14, 2008. that night they told me he was ok. the 15th, i had a feeling and went to the drs on the 16th and was then rushed to the hospital again and they induced my labor. he died on the 15th. but was delivered the 17th..its believed the girl that hit us was trying to kill herself..or do it for attention..she had just been in one a month before. so i was just wondering if i could talk to you. nobody else has been through this and i think your close to my age. im seventeen now. and nobody seems to understand.

rest in peace Zachary and Dominic..your mommys love you sooo much!! <33
Sherrie

Hillsboro, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2009

Judged:

I am Joshua's youngest sister. i am 18 yrs. old. my thoughts go out to everyone in this tragidy. My brother is NOT a monster. He is a Human Being that made a very bad decision. He did not do this on purpose. It was an accident. He is not a killer. He Made a wrong decision. i am not making excusses for my brother, what he did was absolutly wrong, but how many of YOU have drinkin and drove? i bet ALL of you. I'm sorry for the lives that have been lost. Dont judge my brother he is a good person that made the wrong decision. How do you think we feel? knowing Our Joshua, Brother, Uncle, Son would wish nothing more than to go back and fix things. he didnt mean to hurt anyone. Brianna wants her Son back, Sarah wants her Mother back and I want my Brother back.
Joe

Weare, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2009

I just finished reading the NH Supreme Court ruling regarding Joshua Lamy's appeal of his convictions. The judge in his sentencing cited "motor vehicle and criminal records" against Joshua, so it seems he made more than one bad/wrong decision in his 25 years. This is one of those cases where it is a true tragedy all around, and as an outsider I can see the pain that all parties are going through. Brianna certainly has a right to be angry given what she's gone through. And I can certainly understand the pain of watching your brother/cousin go to jail for something that could have been avoided, especially someone so young. I'm not sure anyone can say anything of value that will give comfort from the pain of all parties involved. Unfortunately, it is what it is, and people are where they are. Joshua is responsible for his actions and must deal with the consequences. This is a good example of how we need to think twice and make good decisions. I am sorry this happened to all involved, including Joshua. And selfishly, I thank God I haven't had to go through anything like this.
Keri

Lithonia, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2009

See now, I don't see any good that has come of this. So I do feel compassion to everyone involved/affected by this predicament. But to those who are saying that everyone has had an experience with driving while driving, that is an inaccurate statement. Not everybody has did that because I certainly have not, therefore don't attempt to make assumptions. I understand that people make mistakes, but as Joe said, he has done this more than once, so he should have realized the error of his ways by now. Since he does have a record, he has done wrong multiple times before. Therefore, I believe that he has been punished accordingly, and as the saying goes "you do the crime, you pay the time".
sarah goyette

Weare, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2009

Judged:

Hi i am Sheila Moody's daughter an i understand Joshua Lamy has been charged with a killing but for everyone who thinks that everyone does drink well i am against that because when they drink they dont kill little girls mother's an make little girls like me cry every night hoping that they can see there mother atleast once again.Well,if you did not know that what i was just saying is explaining me well now you know that when i found out my mom past away i was at a friends house an i tried calling my mom an my mom an dad broke up a couple weeks before my mom had died.Me an my mom had gotten in a fight the night before she past out an i miss me mom to death i sometimes blame myself for the death that had happend.Write back an remember i cry every night even if i know my mom is dead an i know she wont ever come back.~ Sarah Goyette my mother was in this crash an had past away!!!
sarah goyette

Weare, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2009

also i have a brother named joshua moody who was sad about the accedent
mandy

Weare, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2009

sarah is my bff i read her comment and i agree with her not every body drinks and i don't know how she goes with out having a mom. in fact i envy her because she handles it well (well as sad but tough) her mom's death afected her life for ever and i fell bad for her. she is a great person and deserves a mom.
sarah goyette

Weare, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2009

omg thank you (Mandy) your my bff too thanks for all the support an everything you've been there for my through tough, rough,an the best times ever your the best person i know
Sarah Goyette

Hillsboro, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2010

Ok i commented this be4 and im Sheila Moody's daughter..and Seyarra atleast you have youur cousin. i dont have my mom. so just stop complaining, cuz hes alive.. i dont complain about my mom very much, but on febuary 21st. will be the 5th year of my mother being dead. and Brianna Emmons i'm sorry for youur son, but i know how you feel.
Sarah Goyette

Hillsboro, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2010

Judged:

Sherrie wrote:
I am Joshua's youngest sister. i am 18 yrs. old. my thoughts go out to everyone in this tragidy. My brother is NOT a monster. He is a Human Being that made a very bad decision. He did not do this on purpose. It was an accident. He is not a killer. He Made a wrong decision. i am not making excusses for my brother, what he did was absolutly wrong, but how many of YOU have drinkin and drove? i bet ALL of you. I'm sorry for the lives that have been lost. Dont judge my brother he is a good person that made the wrong decision. How do you think we feel? knowing Our Joshua, Brother, Uncle, Son would wish nothing more than to go back and fix things. he didnt mean to hurt anyone. Brianna wants her Son back, Sarah wants her Mother back and I want my Brother back.

Sherrie, youur brother isnt dead, so you have a chance of getting him back.and not many people drink and drive, because they are smart and choose to take a taxi like my mother did, yes she was drunk when this happend, but she was smart and took a taxi so she didnt drive, i was at a friends house when this happend, and be4 it did my mother called me and said she loved me and for me to have a good night. but 1 hour later she crashed....and thats the last time i got 2 hear her voice, i cant even remember the sound of her laugh. And when she was in the hospital i couldnt see her because she was in icu...and all i gotta do was talk to her on the phone, but she couldnt talk.. all i heard was mumbling.. and after me and my brother Joshua Moody talked to her she died.. and i didnt find out till later that night... and i was only 8!!! So dont complain about your brother in jail for 40-80 years.. cuz my moms dead forever...and i'll never get to tell her i love her again, see her at my wedding, have her cry with me when im said, hear her laugh, ask her for advice. Now my friends are family to me, cuz they will do all that for me, but theres always gonna be a spot that wont be filled in the ile of my wedding, and its my mom.
ELY

Manchester, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2010

Sherrie wrote:
your brother is a killer because of the bad decision he made, He new when he drove his vehicle to the bar and sat in the drivers seat knowing the law obviously from past bad decisions he needs to serve his sentence like a person knowing that they did wrong. I can tell you one thing i am one of the people that has never drinkin and drove everything you say doesn't make sence. you know whats doesnt make sence is that you will get your brother back me my sister dominics father and sister will never get to hold him never ever again you can visit and will get to hold him one day again so think before what you write or say.

I LOVE YOU BRI AND I'M SORRY
Steve D

Hudson, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2010

Judged:

"A Hooksett man with a long record of serious traffic offenses will be in prison for decades. Joshua Lamy (at left, in court today) was sentenced for killing a woman and causing fatal injuries to an unborn child when he roared through a red light at Maple and Blodget streets in downtown Manchester at more than 100 mph, crashing into a taxi."
This doesnt sound like an accident or a bad decision to me. It sounds like the abrupt end of what would have been a lifetime of continuous bad choices on the part of this young man. A long record of serious traffic offenses? That doenst happen by accident, you do that on purpose because you dont give a shit about others.
Mandy

Weare, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2010

Judged:

That is true bad decisions are bad decisions. He caused this to happen even if he didnt want them to. That does mean he is a killer. He killed two people and it effect alot more people then you can count. Its two families that were hurt. How would you like it if somebody killed somebody in your family would you say o well he inosent? Its not right to say he is innosent. Thats my oppion i dont agree with those who say he is innocent.
Steve D

Hudson, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2010

Judged:

Mandy wrote:
That is true bad decisions are bad decisions. He caused this to happen even if he didn't want them to. That does mean he is a killer. He killed two people and it effect a lot more people then you can count. Its two families that were hurt. How would you like it if somebody killed somebody in your family would you say o well he innocent? Its not right to say he is innocent. That's my opinion I don't agree with those who say he is innocent.
I agree. He is guilty. Now, you could say that he didn't want it to happen, and that he didn't do it "on purpose". Well, he may not have wanted it to happen, but his decision to drink and drive was on purpose. His decision to take the chance on killing someone was on purpose. He intentionally gambled with his own safety and with someone else's, and he lost the bet.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of45
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Bow Discussions

Search the Bow Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 5 hr soccer ball verses matzos 114,683
loan shark needed tonight 06.10.10 (Oct '10) Sat phillip 22
Loan needed urgently Jul 11 Josh 5
Four-cent gas tax increase takes effect Tuesday... Jul 11 reality is a crutch 2
Activist: Your right to know is under fire with... Jul 10 Former New Eglander 2
Who do you support for U.S. House in New Hampsh... (Oct '10) Apr '14 Habs 25
Review: Streamline Maintenance Group LLC (Feb '13) Feb '13 zach 1
•••
•••