Bourbonnais Township Park District to...

Bourbonnais Township Park District to spend $3.1 Million of our money.

Posted in the Bourbonnais Forum

Tax payer

Bourbonnais, IL

#1 May 25, 2012
Hidden Cove Ammusement is going bankrupt. No surprise. With the economy the way it is people don't have the extra cash to blow on go carts, mini golf, or batting cages. The BTPD has decided, without asking the taxpayers, that if we won't spend our money voluntarily they'll take it by force. They intend to borrow 3.1 million dollars to buy Hidden Cove. Then raise property taxes on us to pay off the loan. The current owner sure is happy. It appears that buying "The Lumberyard" way out on Career Center Rd. wasn't enough for them. They're going to double the size of their kingdom at our expense. Do you wonder why the assessed value of your home is a lot more than you can sell it for?
btown baby

Barrington, IL

#2 Jun 7, 2012
I have a young family and we currently own a home in Bourbonnais. This reckless spending of our taxpayer money is unneccessary and needs to be corrected. All our voting families need to speak up and petition for a NO on this ignorant idea to sink our money into a failed business!! We are the ones who will ultimately 'pay' for this horriable idea! Help...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bourbonnais Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kankakee Music Forum (Feb '13) Oct 10 Musikologist 13
Manteno (Mar '12) Oct 8 Audrey 12
Opinions please Oct 4 Opinions 1
Lucinda boward from Bradley Oct 3 Old friends 1
News Bar and 3 patrons cited in smoking raid in Will... (Apr '08) Sep 24 Wow 152
trafficked kids to sex offender Corey Thompson (Aug '12) Sep 24 Friend 24
Cats and kittens Sep 23 Jennifer 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bourbonnais Mortgages