Manhattan trustee sued over fatal 2010 wreck

Jul 13, 2012 Full story: The Southtown Star 53

Manhattan Trustee Mike Naughton has been sued for driving into and killing a young couple on U.S. 52 early one morning in July 2010.

Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
rise above

Chicago, IL

#44 Jul 27, 2012
logic wrote:
<quoted text>
Again. Two idiots were in a dark roadway. Fighting. End of story.
Again. Thumpeddy-thump-thump-thump. What was that? Jurys like to see families compensated for their loss of life.
oops

Plainfield, IL

#45 Aug 6, 2012
Car on the side of Route 52 with bright lights on. Male pulls female from car fighting, neighbors hear yelling call 911. The two are actively fighting as Naughton approaches. Seeing the car with bright lights on, he flashes his lights. Still not dimming he flashes again. Then impact. Same neighbors again call 911.
Pretty straight forward, if the males intent was to kill the female, he got his wish.
Made in Manhattan

Chicago, IL

#46 Aug 7, 2012
oops wrote:
Car on the side of Route 52 with bright lights on. Male pulls female from car fighting, neighbors hear yelling call 911. The two are actively fighting as Naughton approaches. Seeing the car with bright lights on, he flashes his lights. Still not dimming he flashes again. Then impact. Same neighbors again call 911.
Pretty straight forward, if the males intent was to kill the female, he got his wish.
Up at 2:00 o'clock a.m. composing a screenplay? Is it really yours to disseminate? Let the trial be the guide to your screenplay. And get some sleep.
red bull and OJ

Chicago, IL

#47 Aug 7, 2012
Striking a person in the roadway with your vehicle comes will get you a citation. Why was one not issued? It is the duty of the driver to be in control of his/her vehicle at all times.
Huh

Elwood, IL

#48 Aug 7, 2012
I don't know anyone involved in this accident but it's awful hearing so many people gossiping about a tragic situation.

What about a little personal responsibility for those standing on the highway at night? Does it make those of you pouncing on Naughton feel better, more in control of your life, to pretend that it couldn't happen to you? It was an accident; they happen. He was driving his son back from school, being an involved parent. If the police on the scene didn't issue a ticket then let it go. You weren't there. Stop being such gossips.
Stick to your day job

Channahon, IL

#49 Aug 7, 2012
red bull and OJ wrote:
Striking a person in the roadway with your vehicle comes will get you a citation. Why was one not issued? It is the duty of the driver to be in control of his/her vehicle at all times.
What moron told you this? There must be intent OR some type of reckless behavior. Can only imagine ISP Trooper investigated and determined there was neither of those present or not enough evidence to support the citation.
red bull and OJ

Chicago, IL

#50 Aug 7, 2012
Stick to your day job wrote:
<quoted text>
What moron told you this? There must be intent OR some type of reckless behavior. Can only imagine ISP Trooper investigated and determined there was neither of those present or not enough evidence to support the citation.
Good for you. You answered the question. Now you are a scholar. Sure thing, the ISP officer had the discretion to issue a citation,of which he/she did not. But a trial can cast a cloud over that discretion. And from that a jury may award damages. I am just observring the possibilities; but some of you great southern rebels want to hold the trial at the scene, make a call, and forget about any prior findings in the law, in Illinois, in such circumstances. More simply put for your diminished capacity to understand: you want to let Naughton pass GO on the Monopoly board and for him collect $200.00 as he rounds the turn. That be the same logic and reasoning that got you Doyle for 12 years and Borgo for eight. And from that quarter century of time, you rebels still got nothin but shootin yourselves in the foot each and every time. Naughton will survive this test - it just ain't gonna be pleasant for him. And that's the way it is when things like this happen.
equal justice

United States

#51 Aug 9, 2012
NL rear end accident results in a traffic fatality. This front end accident results in two fatalities. Go figure.
Innocent Commentator

Columbus, OH

#52 Aug 10, 2012
red bull and OJ wrote:
<quoted text>Good for you. You answered the question. Now you are a scholar. Sure thing, the ISP officer had the discretion to issue a citation,of which he/she did not. But a trial can cast a cloud over that discretion. And from that a jury may award damages. I am just observring the possibilities; but some of you great southern rebels want to hold the trial at the scene, make a call, and forget about any prior findings in the law, in Illinois, in such circumstances. More simply put for your diminished capacity to understand: you want to let Naughton pass GO on the Monopoly board and for him collect $200.00 as he rounds the turn. That be the same logic and reasoning that got you Doyle for 12 years and Borgo for eight. And from that quarter century of time, you rebels still got nothin but shootin yourselves in the foot each and every time. Naughton will survive this test - it just ain't gonna be pleasant for him. And that's the way it is when things like this happen.
With Doyle at 12 years of service and Borgo at 8 years in office--they collectively share 20 years combined. That isn't a quarter of a century, it's a fifth of a century. Check your math.
Teeheehee

Chicago, IL

#53 Aug 10, 2012
Innocent Commentator wrote:
<quoted text>
With Doyle at 12 years of service and Borgo at 8 years in office--they collectively share 20 years combined. That isn't a quarter of a century, it's a fifth of a century. Check your math.
Teeheehee. You are right on so many levels. 20 years is not a quarter of a century but a 20 year span is sometimes referred to as a generation. So a generation of Doyle and Borgo it is. As for that fifth - I've been needing one lately to soothe the pain and discomfort the two stooges have blanketed me and you with. Are you sure that you want to define what these two have done as being a "service" to the residents of this Village?
Oh Biscan

Bolingbrook, IL

#54 Aug 11, 2012
Teeheehee wrote:
<quoted text>Teeheehee. You are right on so many levels. 20 years is not a quarter of a century but a 20 year span is sometimes referred to as a generation. So a generation of Doyle and Borgo it is. As for that fifth - I've been needing one lately to soothe the pain and discomfort the two stooges have blanketed me and you with. Are you sure that you want to define what these two have done as being a "service" to the residents of this Village?
Oh Biscan! The only who could talk like this is you.
Sunday Morning Blues

Naperville, IL

#55 Aug 12, 2012
I'z don't like me'z no Biscan. Big turd. And a crybaby too'z.
TexasWalket

Manhattan, IL

#56 Dec 27, 2012
equal justice wrote:
NL rear end accident results in a traffic fatality. This front end accident results in two fatalities. Go figure.
And what a coverup that one is....... Anyone with half a brain on the family who hit him and their "insurance" background should look into it . You wonder how the "lesser " charges come into play.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bourbonnais Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Party spots in peotone Sun shannon shuffle 7
kankaKEE SCHOOL NoNO Sat nina sucks 7
kankakee Oct 17 vote for me 1
bourbonnais =no sheriff Oct 17 vote for me 1
looking for my dad!! (Nov '07) Oct 17 dement 60
Epstein won even though Kankakee is a bad place... (Feb '13) Oct 16 nina sucks 2
Can anyone honestly say that Kankakee is nice? (Feb '13) Oct 16 nina sucks 2
Bourbonnais Dating
Find my Match

Bourbonnais Jobs

Bourbonnais People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Bourbonnais News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Bourbonnais

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]