Lets talk about old buisnesses and es...

Lets talk about old buisnesses and establishments in Kankakee County

Posted in the Bourbonnais Forum

Old Tymer

Bourbonnais, IL

#1 Nov 29, 2008
Lets talk about old buisnesses and establishments in Kankakee County.. ill start it off... i loved shopping at Festival Foods. I cant remember when it closed though...
Bourbonnais Resident

Hometown, IL

#2 Dec 8, 2008
oh good old Festival Foods. I loved that place, not there's no where good to shop for groceries. and also Video Review. I really miss that video store.
Curious

Bourbonnais, IL

#3 Dec 10, 2008
What was video review?
Bourbonnais mom

AOL

#4 Dec 10, 2008
Video review was the best video rental store in our area! Whenever you went into the store, they always had a new recommendation and an older movie recommendation based on your rental history. The workers were so personable...greeted you by name...never pushy...knew tons of trivia/history...if you could remember a line from a movie - they would know which one it was. Awesome store! Awesome caring employees/owners!
Bourbonnais Resident

Hometown, IL

#5 Dec 11, 2008
Haha I'm so glad someone else appreciated that place as much as I did. It was located in the same strip mall at Festival Foods was. Now it is currently Saint Vincent Depauls Thrift Store.

“WorldofConfusion”

Since: Oct 08

Confused, IL

#6 Dec 12, 2008
I miss festival foods too!!!
Nolan

Hometown, IL

#7 Dec 12, 2008
I know it wasn't too long ago that they went out of business but Coy's Bakery on Broadway in Bradley was one of the best bakery's around. I used to walk there on my way to school and get my breakfast. I really miss that place.
Local Resident

Bourbonnais, IL

#8 Dec 15, 2008
I loved Coy's Bakery. My mom had a furniture store on Broadway and we used to walk down there to get breakfast before going to school at St. Joes. The guys used to tell me they're glad we came in because we added "color" to the place. They meant good behind it though. I also used to enjoy Festival Foods street signage to their store, like "Frozen Meats Lane"
mountain man

Nashville, TN

#9 Dec 14, 2009
Saint joes.I went there in 1968 or 1969 until 5th grade.My dad moved us to s fla. I miss my old classmates to this day. Anyone remember Sister Mary Karen? I miss the girl I would have married to this day...
mountain man

Nashville, TN

#10 Dec 14, 2009
oops. Sister Mary Karen is not her,lol
mountain man

Nashville, TN

#11 Dec 14, 2009
What about Moens lil grocery store.Gosh, time flies.

“KANKA ALFRED”

Since: Jan 07

London,UK

#12 Dec 20, 2009
Bourbonnais mom wrote:
Video review was the best video rental store in our area! Whenever you went into the store, they always had a new recommendation and an older movie recommendation based on your rental history. The workers were so personable...greeted you by name...never pushy...knew tons of trivia/history...if you could remember a line from a movie - they would know which one it was. Awesome store! Awesome caring employees/owners!
you see,i have it better.Everyone knows my Name when i'm in Kankakee,but you are right! What we need is Personal who accepts the Customer as king,and even knows after a short Time your Name.I'm grown up in a Time when a Shop assitant told the other Silent the Name of a new Customer,to help them,as it brings Customer back if they feel Homely.
now in the Recession may that come up again,i hope

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bourbonnais Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Meadows 18 hr Truth 1
Has anyone been on the jerry springer show? Wed happycamper22 5
Review: Chandraiah Law Firm/chicago Bankruptcy ... (Apr '14) Feb 11 Dawn meegan 2
The book of Daniel Feb 11 Daniel 1
How to report Link Card Abuse (Apr '10) Feb 9 R Muhammad 49
Peotone is a joke Feb 8 Formerly Hazel Cr... 12
Review: Blonde Berry Salon (Sep '08) Feb 3 MrsMagoo 131

Bourbonnais Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bourbonnais Mortgages