Whittier Police sobriety checkpoint s...

Whittier Police sobriety checkpoint slated for Friday

There are 66 comments on the Whittier Daily News story from Dec 14, 2008, titled Whittier Police sobriety checkpoint slated for Friday. In it, Whittier Daily News reports that:

The Whittier Police Department will conduct a driving under the influence checkpoint from 7 p.m. to 3 a.m. Friday in the area of Whittier Boulevard and Mills Avenue.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Whittier Daily News.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
dan

United States

#1 Dec 15, 2008
thanks for telling me where its at I will stay away from there thanks dumb cops
Melissa Serote

Castro Valley, CA

#3 Dec 15, 2008
Wow, thanks! Now I know where NOT to drive on Friday night.
JETHRO

United States

#4 Dec 15, 2008
Why, you plan on driving drunk?
Melissa Serote

Castro Valley, CA

#5 Dec 15, 2008
I have a history or drunk driving.
The Town Drunk

Redmond, WA

#6 Dec 15, 2008
JETHRO wrote:
Why, you plan on driving drunk?
Of course im gonna drive drunk fri night are you gonna give me a ride home,I didn't think so buddy.
whittier chick

La Habra, CA

#7 Dec 16, 2008
OMG!ur all dumbasses! ur ganna drive drink knowing u can harm someone or urself!!ignorant people these days!U can kill someone inoccent i hope u understand!But some poeple will avoid these check points because they do not have a liscense...yeah its dumb they posted this to warn people haha SHAME on those that drink and drive though!
Bumber cars

Sun Valley, CA

#8 Dec 16, 2008
whittier chick wrote:
OMG!ur all dumbasses! ur ganna drive drink knowing u can harm someone or urself!!ignorant people these days!U can kill someone inoccent i hope u understand!But some poeple will avoid these check points because they do not have a liscense...yeah its dumb they posted this to warn people haha SHAME on those that drink and drive though!
I hope you're out Friday night when I'm driving drunk so I could smash into you. All sobriety check points must be announced ahead of time, or it's considered entrapment.
HaciendaHts

Castro Valley, CA

#9 Dec 16, 2008
I got a DUI off of Colima a few years back and it wasn't a good experience.
I definitely learned my lesson... now I get drunk well before 7 PM that way I do not hit the check points.
Mark Furman

Manhattan Beach, CA

#11 Dec 17, 2008
The Police have to publish that they are having a checkpoint (as posted above) or it can be challenged in court. They made this checkpoint public and now they will take in many, many people who should not be driving.

DAN has to be an idiot for his post
JustBob

United States

#12 Dec 17, 2008
Thank you Whittier PD for keeping us safe. Your checkpoint will save lives as a result of your efforts. You are the true heroes of society. Have a safe and happy holiday.
Ripper

Burbank, CA

#13 Dec 17, 2008
The true heroes of society what a fool you are! How many true heroes do you know
dan

United States

#14 Dec 17, 2008
Mark Furman wrote:
The Police have to publish that they are having a checkpoint (as posted above) or it can be challenged in court. They made this checkpoint public and now they will take in many, many people who should not be driving.
DAN has to be an idiot for his post
f you a-hole
DanielWhittier

Los Angeles, CA

#15 Dec 17, 2008
lol you guys are funny and whittier chick lighten up im pretty sure they are kidding.
whittier chick

La Habra, CA

#16 Dec 17, 2008
It's just the fact that while people are driving drunk, they are risking other poeples lifes...I mean u can kill innocent people and ruin familys thats what u all drunk drivers dont realize if u have the money to get drunk then u should have the money to call a taxi!
EARTH to whittier chick

Castro Valley, CA

#17 Dec 17, 2008
whittier chick wrote:
It's just the fact that while people are driving drunk, they are risking other poeples lifes...I mean u can kill innocent people and ruin familys thats what u all drunk drivers dont realize if u have the money to get drunk then u should have the money to call a taxi!
Earth to whittier chick, Earth to whittier chick. Come in whittier chick.

WAKE UP! What part of "they're just kidding" do you NOT understand?

Sheesh, talk about DENSE! You must be a blonde...
THE TOWN DRUNK

Redmond, WA

#18 Dec 17, 2008
She's not blonde but she's a hotty
oh please

AOL

#20 Dec 18, 2008
Thanks for the warning suckas! I'll make sure and stay away from that area bros!! hahahahahahaha
Marcy

Whittier, CA

#21 Dec 18, 2008
Why is this announced in the paper. Shouldn't these checkpoints be kept from the public, so the guilty ones can't avoid them? I think they are a great idea, but if people are warned ahead of time they don't serve the purpose that they should, especially for the locals.
whittier chick

AOL

#22 Dec 18, 2008
I'll stay away from that area as well. I don't want to spoil my wedding.
Bumber cars

Sun Valley, CA

#23 Dec 18, 2008
Marcy wrote:
Why is this announced in the paper. Shouldn't these checkpoints be kept from the public, so the guilty ones can't avoid them? I think they are a great idea, but if people are warned ahead of time they don't serve the purpose that they should, especially for the locals.
Read the post by Mark Furman above.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Boulevard Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Photos: Debra Messing honored with Hollywood Wa... Oct 7 ghfjn 1
Fire Aug '17 bclean 1
News Arrests Made In 1994 Rancho San Diego Slaying (Sep '08) Aug '17 Death 1,438
News Debate Over FISHERMANa S Wharf Continues Jun '17 Neal Peifer 1
News Elon Musk Moves Forward With 'Boring' Traffic R... May '17 susc99 1
News Torrance police arrest 10 in crackdown on swap ... (Aug '10) May '17 Jo Deo 123
News Planned power outages today in La Puente and In... (May '10) May '17 Karen 11

Boulevard Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Boulevard Mortgages