One of two winning lottery tickets so...

One of two winning lottery tickets sold in San Gabriel

There are 27 comments on the San Gabriel Valley Tribune story from Aug 29, 2009, titled One of two winning lottery tickets sold in San Gabriel. In it, San Gabriel Valley Tribune reports that:

A Mega Millions ticket sold at a San Gabriel noodle shop and worth $166.5 million is one of two winning tickets to match all six numbers in the latest round of the multi-state lottery game.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at San Gabriel Valley Tribune.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Supporter for Mission 261

AOL

#3 Aug 29, 2009
Congratulations Mr. Ong. What an exciting moment this must have been for you and your family.
Andrew

Pasadena, CA

#11 Aug 30, 2009
By the way, you can also report any comment by clicking "Report Abuse" if you think anything someone says is offensive flag it and have it taken down instead of going back and forth with someone online.
Skeets

Long Beach, CA

#29 Aug 31, 2009
Oh yeah, babe! Bunch of jealous people out there filled with hate.
mary

Garden Grove, CA

#30 Aug 31, 2009
I play Mega and would dearly loved to have won but it was not meant to be. I hope whoever did, accepts the huge responsibility of having so much money, enjoys it, but also helps others less fortunate in his or her community. I wish you all the best because believe me everyone is going to come out of the woodwork now and pester you. I hope you have the fortitutde to pick who you help wisely and that your forture turns out to be a good thing. Use your head and don't go crazy. Get financial help and spend perhaps just 10% for the time being and take time to decide what you are going to do with it. Good luck.
Steve Yang

Placentia, CA

#41 Sep 1, 2009
Andres Llackson wrote:
<quoted text>
Should have gone to grad school, like your Asian neighbors,krakkker.
They also employ a lot of people like you , so don't snivvel!If you don't like it... do something to better your life rather than whine like a little baby.
Amazed

AOL

#42 Sep 1, 2009
Amazed is Amazing wrote:
Thanks for making my point AGAIN!
The race card The race card all you have is the race card !!!!!
Construct an argument...oh wait you can't because you can't justify what has happen to San Gabriel without being a racist your self.
I have done exactly what I wanted to do with people like you. I confined and defined you first....then put you in a box and put you away.
I don't have to justify anything to you. San Gabriel is now over 60% Asian and is not the same as it was 30 years ago. You don't like it. I have no problem with it. You did not confine or define anyone. You are an unhappy person who is unable to face change. Get over it.
Amazed is Amazing

Inglewood, CA

#43 Sep 1, 2009
Amazed wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't have to justify anything to you. San Gabriel is now over 60% Asian and is not the same as it was 30 years ago. You don't like it. I have no problem with it. You did not confine or define anyone. You are an unhappy person who is unable to face change. Get over it.
Thank you AGAIN for making my point one more time.

Here's a shovel so we can bury you ......dummy
Unhappy TOO

Inglewood, CA

#44 Sep 1, 2009
I'd be unhappy too if someone came into my community and changed it into something I don't recognize.
You sir have a lot of nerve telling someone to get over it.
Just say no

United States

#45 Sep 1, 2009
Citizens of San Gabriel need to fight back against people like AMAZED who have trashed that city and elect people to city council who will stand up against that outlandish take over of the city
Amazed

AOL

#46 Sep 1, 2009
Just say no wrote:
Citizens of San Gabriel need to fight back against people like AMAZED who have trashed that city and elect people to city council who will stand up against that outlandish take over of the city
Are you saying that the Asians have outlandishly taken over the city?
IM JUST SAYING

Inglewood, CA

#47 Sep 2, 2009
I think they wanted to use the word "inundated"
at least I would have
Amazed

AOL

#48 Sep 2, 2009
IM JUST SAYING wrote:
I think they wanted to use the word "inundated"
at least I would have
And how could that have been prevented? Can the city prevent people from purchasing property in San Gabriel? Isn't that pretty much against the law?
Feeling SG Pain

Inglewood, CA

#49 Sep 2, 2009
Amazed wrote:
<quoted text>
And how could that have been prevented? Can the city prevent people from purchasing property in San Gabriel? Isn't that pretty much against the law?
Hey numbskull he was talking about being inundated with certain types of BUSINESSES and having a uniformed sign ordinance
Any person with half a brain could figure out he wasn't talking about residential property.Or are you just as stupid as you sound. My Word!
Poor San Gabriel.
Amazed

AOL

#50 Sep 2, 2009
Feeling SG Pain wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey numbskull he was talking about being inundated with certain types of BUSINESSES and having a uniformed sign ordinance
Any person with half a brain could figure out he wasn't talking about residential property.Or are you just as stupid as you sound. My Word!
Poor San Gabriel.
What kind of business would you like to see restricted and how can that be done. Are you aware that the Asian restaurants provide the largest sales tax revenue in the city according to the Pasadena Star News and Los Angeles Times. I am not sure what you mean by a "uniformed" sign ordinance but there is English and Chinese found on all signs. Perhaps you meant to write "uniform" ? And of course we all know that NO ONE wants to restrict the number of Asians moving into San Gabriel and the San Gabriel Valley, don't we. My Word indeed!
kristin

United States

#51 Sep 2, 2009
Unhappy TOO wrote:
I'd be unhappy too if someone came into my community and changed it into something I don't recognize.
You sir have a lot of nerve telling someone to get over it.
My Chinese ancestors came over during the Gold Rush and built communities. But they were stolen by people who thought California should be reserved for whites. Yes, my ancestors were very unhappy those people came into our community and changed it into something they didn't recognize.
Feeling SG Pain

Inglewood, CA

#52 Sep 3, 2009
Poor poor poor San Gabriel I see what you are dealing with......glad the last two post and others of their ilk have awaking the sleeping giant and people are getting fed up with the Asian arrogance.
Wait A Minute

Inglewood, CA

#53 Sep 3, 2009
kristin wrote:
<quoted text>
My Chinese ancestors came over during the Gold Rush and built communities. But they were stolen by people who thought California should be reserved for whites. Yes, my ancestors were very unhappy those people came into our community and changed it into something they didn't recognize.
I know the San Gabriel School District wasn't worth a darn. They taught us the Mexicans and Indians were here first and all along it was the Asians.
DDDOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHH
Amazed

AOL

#54 Sep 3, 2009
Feeling SG Pain wrote:
Poor poor poor San Gabriel I see what you are dealing with......glad the last two post and others of their ilk have awaking the sleeping giant and people are getting fed up with the Asian arrogance.
The "Asian arrogance"? You MUST be kidding.
Amazed

AOL

#55 Sep 3, 2009
Wait A Minute wrote:
<quoted text>
I know the San Gabriel School District wasn't worth a darn. They taught us the Mexicans and Indians were here first and all along it was the Asians.
DDDOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHH
Put away your Spiderman comic books and pick up a history book. You will discover the Chinese had large settlements in the San Gabriel Valley and in San Gabriel City. They build the railroads. They mined the gold fields. They laundered and iron your ancestors clothing. And they led quiet and private lives. Many were massacred. Try a library and educated your pitiful mind.
Just Stop

Inglewood, CA

#56 Sep 3, 2009
All you Garielinos just shut up, let the Asians take over San Gabriel. Eventually they alienate other ethnics. Let them have the mess that is Valley Blvd.The Asian community has alienated themselves from others in the area.
Alhambra learned that they could not make it alone with just an Asian business base and look at the wonderful turnaround they have made. With national chain restaurants and stores.
Your goal should be now is to make sure what happened down there on Valley Blvd. does not happen to Las Tunas. Take a stand call council people and let them know that you do not what what happened down south happen up North.
Let these people blow their horns here now. They are just visitors to your once proud city and always will be until they confirm like the Asian immigrants who embrace the community and not change it.The older Asian community mostly of Japanese decent are just as unhappy with what is going on in San Gabriel as you are. An most are just plain embarrassed.
So fight for what is right. Sure you will be called racist xenophobes and names like that. But we know who is right. When that comes up laugh and walk away because you have won the argument.
Some one said before keep up the good fight I agree 100%

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Boulevard Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Work starts on biggest electrical transmission ... (Sep '10) Nov 29 Anonymous 31
News Garden Grove Man Arrested In Hit-And-Run Collision (May '15) Nov 23 Christie Taylor 2
News Hayesa closing Sonoma Boulevard supply company ... Nov '17 Torch 1
using jacumba fourn to address jacumba related ... Nov '17 Luke the drifter 1
Long ago in Jacumba Nov '17 Willie G 1
Lindsay Rhodes, Kenzie Rhodes, & Ethan Newsom Oct '17 I am Me 1
News Photos: Debra Messing honored with Hollywood Wa... Oct '17 ghfjn 1

Boulevard Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Boulevard Mortgages