Erin Brockovich to pursue case agains...

Erin Brockovich to pursue case against Shell Oil Co. in Carson

There are 89 comments on the Daily Breeze story from Sep 21, 2009, titled Erin Brockovich to pursue case against Shell Oil Co. in Carson. In it, Daily Breeze reports that:

Environmental activist Erin Brockovich is shown in a March 2007 file photo. Environmental activist Erin Brockovich has agreed to pursue litigation against Shell Oil Co.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daily Breeze.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last

United States

#96 Dec 24, 2009
shonda wrote:
some great advice from SHONDA!
there should be a purge. a cleansing. a blowup. you have to start that way to start ANEW.
so have everyone move out of carson ... BLOWUP AND SET ABLAZE(cleansing process)... and after the oil, chemicals and other bad stuff is cleaned out ... then move back in.
simple ... and your welcome.
Shonda, you put nothing into the Topix that anyone would ever want to thank you for so cut the crap.
Concerned Resident

Los Angeles, CA

#97 Dec 28, 2009
The residents in Montery Pines homes are approximately 100 feet away from this spread of deadly chemicals. There has been 3 mysterious deaths in our neighborhood, and frequently smell strong gassy substances that makes you sick to your stomach. Shell Oil Company needs to step up to the plate and get these people out of the area, and clean up their mess. How can they sleep at night knowing that these deadly chemicals are slowly killing adults and children.
Monterey Pines Resident

Los Angeles, CA

#98 Dec 29, 2009
This situation needs immediate attention.

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#99 Dec 30, 2009
Yes, of course, but I think some people also need attention, mostly by the authorities. I suggest them to think about a little help by professionals , because their position is not "a road of roses".
Arturo Hernandez

Irvine, CA

#100 Apr 5, 2010
City of Cason Planning and zoning department should also be held responsible for this mess.

The planning and zoning department welcomes heavy industry in any zoning designation.

What is the point of having zoning laws if they are not enforced?

Rancho Palos Verdes, CA

#101 Jul 14, 2010
this is wrong at so many levels.

I wonder where America is going with all this theater.
Again, the game of blame is on, attorneys will make more money that any of the residents.
If the residents are indeed worried, about their health why aren't they moving out already? Maybe because they really don't believe they health is harmed?
Our society has become so numb and shallow, hypnotized with fear and limitation by the government and main stream media.
Reading this type of nonsense makes me think our world is truly hopeless.
Carousel Resident

United States

#102 Feb 26, 2011
That Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not playing any games "BP". I should have known it was you. You never once knocked on my door! So, don't go trying to be a leader now! As a matter of fact you should've told us a long time ago about this. According to the article Shell has been in and out of our community running their tests for a couple years now. What the hell kind of community leader are you. Yeah, your to damn busy trying to sell some homes...right?
Anyways, I'm worried about my family as well as my neighbors.
Please don't spend so much time check my spelling and worry about the community better...Sheesh!
Do you work for Shell Oil? Sure sounds like it, an employee is has not educated himself with the FACTS
Carousel Resident

United States

#103 Feb 26, 2011
Excuses Excuses Excuses wrote:
<quoted text>
Some people can always come up with an excuse as to why they don't get involved. We all have jobs, family members, home repairs, schooling, etc., but if you truely care about your community you MAKE TIME.
It is so sad that people want to jump on the band wagon at the tail end of the parade and act like they have been involved all along....shame on you.
So it takes your home or your neighbors home to possible blow from Methane for you to realize that there are situations that affect you going on in Carson.
If you want to blame someone for not informing of you of important meetings, don't blame your neighbors, blame your local government. One in particular that you should hold accountable for information is the Mayor.
Why hasn't he called a SPECIAL MEETING like he did for the SCOTTSDALE RESIDENTS.
Maybe it will take all you residents from the Carosel to rally down to City Hall before he (Dear) do something.
Everyone works demanding jobs with long hours, had loved ones die, all the same shit you deem you deal with - everyone has it, but there are a handful of people who do all the fighting for everyone and people like you let them because you are to lazy to put in anything extra beyond your self centeredness. Get off you ass and participate in the place you live i/o expecting others to do it for you. Sounds like you have some kind of personal resentment against those doing your share.
alberhill resident

Artesia, CA

#104 May 22, 2011
excuses wrote and you know what your talking about i live in a castle and cooke tract lake elsinore our homes were built on a mining site no reclimation plan ever turned in to the state they gave pacific aggregates 6 months to get there act together methane on a possible school site what a dog and pony show at the state meeting on may 12 in lake elsinore the audiance was paid by pac clay the city was a joke but they love our tax dollars if you want to read our story go to the orange county register mining watch dog probably the city of carson doesnt give a dam about the people that are sick they care about the tax dollars coming in so the people on the housing tract need to get out like we are going to good luck......

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Boulevard Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Sylmar funeral procession for Caltrans worker t... Oct 23 Red Cloud 1
News Planned power outages today in La Puente and In... (May '10) Sep 27 Jayjay 9
News Fairfield police snare 5 at DUI-driver's licens... Sep 26 FAQ 3
News Missing man, dogs found dead in vehicle (Oct '08) Sep '16 Lynette Findlay 6
News Arrests Made In 1994 Rancho San Diego Slaying (Sep '08) Aug '16 Curious Jim 1,437
News Arrest After Distressed Emu Spotted Jun '16 Phyllis Schlafly ... 4
News Pine Valley San Diego County Sheriff's Substati... Jun '16 Sheba chipp 1

Boulevard Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Boulevard Mortgages