Paralyzed San Lorenzo Valley Gigh School grad sues county over ...

Full story: Santa Cruz Sentinel

A San Lorenzo Valley High School graduate left paralyzed by a car accident last spring is suing the county for an unspecified amount of damages.
Comments
1 - 20 of 195 Comments Last updated Jan 19, 2013
First Prev
of 10
Next Last
Responsible Republican

Santa Cruz, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2009

Judged:

REALLY !?!?
You're going to blame the county, the maker of the car and God knows who else (taxpayers) for the lack of attention on the part of the TEEN while driving...
Classic... without merit. Hopefully it will be dismissed and we can all go on with our lives.
I didnt see nothin

Santa Cruz, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2009

Judged:

I sympathize for your loss but come on it was really your fault. You've lost your health...don't lose your dignity too.
Dirty Larry

Windsor, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2009

Judged:

It really sucks to be her but if she had been going a more reasonable speed SHE would not have lot control, SHE would not have crossed the double yellows, SHE would not have struck a county truck, SHE would not be paralyzed.

When it's raining people it's Gods way of telling you to SLOW DOWN.
WTF

Soledad, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2009

Judged:

what about the gas company that powered your car?? the tire company??? Hope you dont get a dime.
god

Soledad, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2009

Judged:

what about me for making the roads wet????
Emperor Norton The Second

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2009

Judged:

What a waste of money on lawyers. Look, I'm really sorry this happened to you, but don't try to push it off on me the taxpayer. It is your own fault.

Because she is a tragic case and a cute teenage girl she may prevail on sympathy. That would be injustice. I hope I'm on the jury to protect my tax revenue.

Since: Feb 08

Santa Cruz

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2009

Judged:

While I sympathize with the young lady having been paralyzed in this unfortunate accident, it is not fair to try and put the blame on others.
Like poster #6 wrote; to blame the gasoline company etc.
But her attorney sees a chance to help her obtain some money (to help pay her medical bills presumably)[we are already doing that], and to feather his own nest.
I'm sure that signs stating that one should drive more cautiously in wet conditions would have prevented her from driving so fast, NOT.
This is but another of the reasons our cost of living is escalating.
Sharks

Pleasanton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2009

Judged:

When the county dismisses this claim, perhaps the sleeze *** attorney will convince his clients they need to bark up another tree.
county employee

Santa Cruz, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2009

Judged:

uh-oh, i used to work on the road dept......do i have something to worry about here?.....sooooo lame, she should of slowed down like every other responsible person does.

Since: May 08

Santa Cruz, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2009

Judged:

Wow, what a lame lawsuit, and a waste of everyone's time and money. I cannot imagine any outcome here but the judge granting summary judgments for all defendants, but it will still cost time and money for all involved.

What kind of a lawyer would even take a case like this? And lawyers complain about their poor public image. The lawyer should be sanctioned for bringing this lawsuit.

I'd be really pissed if somebody crossed the center line and hit me, and then ended up suing me.
Jesus H

Denmark

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2009

Judged:

Hope the family gets what it wants ..the way things are going now..SC hasn't one red cent ..it can't even find the money to provide toliet paper in its public restrooms !
Mr Joe

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2009

Judged:

You have got to be kidding. It's unfortunate the family is trying take advantage of a sad situation. Why did the family not speak up while their daughter traveled that road over the past years. Going after the mighty buck.
Sad

Santa Cruz, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2009

Judged:

Very sad that this young lady sustained such horrific injuries. BUT the road was not responsible for this accident, SHE was. Driving too fast for conditions. Pretty simple. I drive that road every day and have for years. If you obey the speed limits and drive safely according to conditions this is not a dangerous road. It's just the way things are today: blame someone else for your own actions.
WTF

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2009

Judged:

She is the one who should be sued! The two county workers she hit are still recovering as well......
Not Surprised

Santa Cruz, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2009

Judged:

Most of the other posters would probably try to do the same thing if they were in her parents' shoes.

I say we counter-sue the parents for providing her the car.
Reef Dweller

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2009

Judged:

Hmmm...maybe Allie should sue her parents for putting her in a car that was too much for an inexperienced driver to handle and for not giving their daughter proper driving skills....OR..maybe the people in the county vehicle should sue for the damages caused them (and they were severe and horribly stressful...OVER YOUR INJURIES, despite the fact that you were at fault), according to the CHP report that your mom seems to ignore, totally.

Allie, honey, this stinks and it's not against you but really, your parents have got to learn to deal with their own issues instead of trying to pass it off on the entire county. As it is, the entire S.L. valley is already supporting your family and has been since your accident. Nothing like a good slap in the face to bring everyone back to reality.

I doubt that your mother is telling you the truth and as a mom, I doubt that I would be able to admit my actions to my child if my decisions helped to create your current physical state.

Also, there goes Ron's working association with the county...nice way to continue messing up an already tragic situation. Make us all suffer for your own mistakes.

Michael Moore....what type of ambulance chaser might you be to even take on this inane case? To stand up in court stating that this young woman was paralyzed due to any of the assumptions that you are trying to create reality from, is truly disgusting. You should be removed from the CA Bar, immediately.
Sadly

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2009

Judged:

Sorry for the injuries and hope you will be able to move on and help others learn.
But really? I am always saddened by these lawsuits and the message that lawsuits give to youn people.
I think we just had another Mustang/Teen/driving too fast accident also.
Typical

Santa Cruz, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2009

Judged:

Go after everyone seeking those deep pockets. The only ones who will win are her lawyers. Sorry for your injuries, but you are to blame for your accident.

Since: Aug 09

Santa Cruz

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2009

I drive alot and see alot of young women driving like thier in the Indy 500. SLOW DOWN
treehugger

Santa Cruz, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2009

Judged:

Was going to make comments, but it looks like it's all been said. For the first time ever I think I agree with all previous comments on a topic.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 10
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Boulder Creek Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Boulder Creek People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••