Old evidence at new trial

Old evidence at new trial

There are 1114 comments on the Rocky Mountain News story from May 12, 2006, titled Old evidence at new trial. In it, Rocky Mountain News reports that:

An Adams County judge Thursday ruled that notes and blood evidence taken by a now-dead investigator at a murder scene 25 years ago can be used in the case against Troy Brownlow.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Rocky Mountain News.

what

Rapid City, SD

#1070 Feb 27, 2011
Thank you, Gingerkid.
Anthony

Anonymous Proxy

#1071 Feb 28, 2011
When
Anthony

Anonymous Proxy

#1072 Feb 28, 2011
Why
Sis

Arlington, TX

#1073 Feb 28, 2011
Hello GingerKid.
I want you to know your posting gives me marvelous and great pleasure!
Hallelujua!
GingerKid

Denver, CO

#1074 Mar 1, 2011
Sis wrote:
Hello GingerKid.
I want you to know your posting gives me marvelous and great pleasure!
Hallelujua!
Sis, I am glad to have added my two cents to this debacle of a thread. It pains me to see that people can be so heartless when addressing Nanines family and friends. Siding with the accused is one thing, and they have a right to do so. But taunting those who are bright enough to know the light when they see the light is tacky.

The story of big dude, versus where all the blood evidence was found is just...Well you would have to believe in the tooth fairy and space aliens to buy Troys story. Common sense teamed with DNA, which is very hard to argue = the law got the right person.

My heart does go out to Gina, she has some hard choices to make. Do I tell my daughter the truth about her father and risk her mental security growing up, or do I hide it all and screw her up when she is older?

Also she should ask herself, do I trust a man who would throw an innocent young girl at an obviously deranged "big dude" and run to save his own skin? Would he throw me into the arms of death to preserve his own life? Would he blame it on his drug addiction? Would he drive the "big dudes" get away vehicle for him to flee the scene afterwards? How long would he keep that secret? Would he stay quiet to his grave or until DNA caught his blood at the scene and take the fall once again for some "big dude'?

Laine could be asking herself these same questions. It is ok to believe he is innocent of murder, but you cannot discount the rest of his rap sheet. How could you fight so hard for a man who would toss you to your killer to save himself. A man like this is incapable of loving anyone more then he loves himself. And don't even try to say, "He was just a baby" Because I know more babies that would not have done that then those that would have. Even if he is innocent of murder, how does he keep his secret for so long? Have you taken a look at him? His not a tiny man, he had nothing to be afraid of 10 years ago, or 15 years ago. If he were truly innocent and he was a truly good person, the guilt of tossing a girl to her killer would eventually haunt him into doing the right thing. Help the police solve her murder! That is the right thing. But he could not even do that. And you love this man. How sad for you.
Dad

Denver, CO

#1075 Mar 1, 2011
GingerKid: I will send you a collage of Nanine (my baby Nini) if you so desire: r22037@yahoo.com
Mad Mike

Denver, CO

#1076 Mar 1, 2011
Anthony from Chesapeake, VA you are so ignorant: "When" "Why" what the fk are you expressing? We are dazzled with the brilliance of GingerKid and you post your stupidity.
Mad Mike

Denver, CO

#1077 Mar 22, 2011
If GingerKid's discourse does not shut-up Troy's cheerleaders, especially the "ho" Laine, nothing will shut their mouths.

“Don't like the rules?...Leave”

Since: Mar 07

Denver, but on pause...

#1078 Mar 29, 2011
GingerKid wrote:
<quoted text>
A man like this is incapable of loving anyone more then he loves himself.
A pseudo-man like Troy doesn't even love himself...Hence HIS murderous tendencies...Troy is ALL hate, evil, scum...
Mad Mike

Denver, CO

#1079 Mar 29, 2011
Pseudo–man: not actually but having the appearance of; pretended; false or spurious; sham: Sociopath is a person whose behavior is antisocial and who lacks a sense of moral responsibility or social conscience: Someone whose social behavior is extremely abnormal. Sociopaths are interested only in their personal needs and desires, without concern for the effects of their behavior on others. Clearly, Troy is a sociopath evidenced by his last conduct in separating his girlfriend, Gina, from her money to support his habit. She works 40 to 50 hours a week while pregnant with Troy's baby while he is extracting money from her. Gingerkid is correct to feel compassion for Gina: The deluded Gina will never know how lucky she is to be rid of the sociopath. She is so deluded that she will succor him if released on parole.
Dad

Denver, CO

#1080 May 7, 2011
Thanks Jeff. Your timing is good. May 7th is my baby Nini's birthday. I've been rehearsing a few words as I did last year: "Lots of regrets, my baby Nini. One of the biggest is not saying YES when you asked to move in with me."

Thanks for the caricature of my baby Nini. I'll forward your letter to Gwen. Jeff, you nailed it: The pain we (those such as Robyn and classmates) feel does not diminish. A tear lets me down as I ... Anyone wanting caricature of my baby Nini: r22037@yahoo.com For myself, I will print even though it will compel me to cry when I look at it.

Dear Mr. Grimes, My name is Jeff and I knew Nanine although not real well. However, like many others, the terrible events of September 4th 1980 have carried with me thru out my life. Only a couple of months ago I heard from a friend that a killer had been caught and is now serving time. In checking the Internet I found that this was so and a thirty year mystery for me has now come to an end.
I am very happy that some justice for Nanine and your family has finally occurred, but know that the pain of that day must still be emence for you. My heart will always be with you and I wish you only the best in times to come.
I'm sending a caricature of Nanine in the hope that it may bring you some small piece of comfort. If you Don't like it just delete it along with this message and I'll understand. I won't bother you further. However, I think she was a very beautiful girl and I was again reminded of it while doing the work. Anyway, I thought you might like to see it.
Remember that great beauty can never be taken and that she is still very much alive in the minds ands hearts of so many. God bless you and your family and thank you so very much for your time.
GingerKid

Denver, CO

#1081 May 24, 2011
Thank you for this Dad!

It is true, you can never take away the beauty, hers will last a life time. Tell Jeff that his work is amazing!
JB concerned

South Boardman, MI

#1085 Sep 29, 2011
I lived down the road from troy and dino lived behind me, It shocked me when I heard these two boys were killers . I still remember when It happened,cause my brother was gonna go to a party with the girls that night.Then the cops came to tell us she had been killed . So sad so very sad...I'm glad they got him.As to J.W i had no idea honey, you never said nothing , but i can't blame you. If i had known,Now i understand why you moved.J(bone). Very scary huh. Deanna my heart still goes out to you and your family hun. take care in knowing your sister was not forgotten by neighborhood friends.
JB concerned

South Boardman, MI

#1086 Sep 29, 2011
Yes hussie I did know that it was kathy boyer killed in the park, Dino salazar did it and he was from my neighborhood . were you?
Deanna

Phoenix, AZ

#1087 Nov 13, 2011
JB concerned wrote:
I lived down the road from troy and dino lived behind me, It shocked me when I heard these two boys were killers . I still remember when It happened,cause my brother was gonna go to a party with the girls that night.Then the cops came to tell us she had been killed . So sad so very sad...I'm glad they got him.As to J.W i had no idea honey, you never said nothing , but i can't blame you. If i had known,Now i understand why you moved.J(bone). Very scary huh. Deanna my heart still goes out to you and your family hun. take care in knowing your sister was not forgotten by neighborhood friends.
I take comfort knowing Nanine's short life was infinitely remarkable and I thank you for your kindness and for remembering my Beloved sister, Nanine. It is written Thou shall do no murder and the murderer by virtue of his peers has earned capital punishment; yet to wit. my parents have yet to cast the stones to fulfill the Law and remove the fonyonce spirit of Troy Mark Brownlow DOB 7-5-64. He's a dead man walking.

“Don't like the rules?...Leave”

Since: Mar 07

Denver, but on pause...

#1088 Nov 20, 2011
JB concerned wrote:
Yes hussie I did know that it was kathy boyer killed in the park, Dino salazar did it and he was from my neighborhood . were you?
From the sound of your posts, we were all from the same neck of the woods...Thornton, CO...
Beware

Aurora, CO

#1089 Nov 20, 2011
of the gaggle
Ginger Kid

Denver, CO

#1090 Nov 20, 2011
This thread is hands off Slowcatch. I was a school mate to this girl. This is not your personal vendetta playground.
ginger separatist mvmt

Denver, CO

#1091 Nov 21, 2011
Ginger Kid wrote:
This thread is hands off Slowcatch. I was a school mate to this girl. This is not your personal vendetta playground.
Did you get the newsletter this month?
Dad

Denver, CO

#1092 Dec 31, 2011
RICHARD GRIMES POST: Troy takes a page out of Tim Tebow by posting his picture with a football in hand while looking like he’s working out with weights; looking fit and trim advertising for women to communicate; (goodbye Laine and poor deluded Gina). He alludes to himself as “Tiger sniffs the rose,” as opposed to convicted Troy and abuser and disrespectful of women having shot at one girlfriend and tossed her down the stairs,....Tiger Troy hits on women (as with Gina) to support his habit. Gina labored 10 hours a day while Troy blew her money on drugs. Here we have a sociopath seeking females from his prison cell; whereas, there are females like Laine and Gina that will sooth the tiger with “come smell me.” Troy needs to line up some women so he can hit them up to support his habit.
Why would Troy give up a life that surely contributes to his well-being? He is fed well, accorded a warm bed, rendered dental, medical, and eye-glasses. His amenities far exceed the homeless and the elderly. Prison has cured him and if given his freedom will resurrect his drug habit. He seeks legal help. Why? Is it his prayer that his blood found on the headboard of the water bed will vanish? Laine claims it only proves he was there not that he slashed, cut, punctured, hacked, slit, ripped, lacerated, gashed the body of a 15-year-old innocent girl who would rather die than surrender her virtue to tiger Troy Brownlow#131992
It appears he asks for parole in 2021 and conceivably Nanine’s parents will be gone as they are elderly; therefore, it becomes incumbent on those who survive Richard (having hit the ¾ century mark) and Gwen to keep the “tiger” in his cage until he is gone. Click the following link: http://www.writeaprisoner.com/Template.aspx...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Boulder Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Longmont man convicted of stalking ex girlfriend 14 hr Zebra 1
News The government may soon decide who's a craft br... 19 hr Miss Id 2
News No jail time for lone activist arrested in Boul... Jun 30 mofo80503 1
News Woman finds 8.52-carat diamond at state park Jun 28 Jenji Licious 2
News Students hack into school system, change grades (Apr '07) Jun 14 mail 625
legit pain P.I.L.L.S n m/ar.iju/an.a Jun 11 Boulder delivery 1
News Hartford Homes begins construction on 287-home ... Jun 10 jenny010101 1
More from around the web

Boulder People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE