New Jonbenet Evidence: Santa Was Her Killer

Full story: Yahoo 8,743
All National Enquirer Stories NEW JONBENET EVIDENCE: SANTA WAS HER KILLER Friday December 30, 2005 By Don Gentile JonBenet Ramsey's haunting words about a secret visit from Santa Claus are being re-examined as ... Full Story
Possibly Not

AOL

#240 Jul 27, 2006
Victory wrote:
Yes, young people ARE less patient. That's why we have a major murder on our hands.
Now, no adult would address John Ramsey as Mr. Ramsey and then end with Johm, John, John! An adult would have begun with John and ended with Foreign Faction.
You see, the only thing originally written by this young person was: Mr. Ramsey, John, John, John.
If one follows the movie genre quotes in the ransom note, "John, John, John" is a spoof on "Judy, Judy, Judy" which is falsely attached to Cary Grant's dialogue in "Only Angels Have Wings".
Possibly Not

AOL

#241 Jul 27, 2006
Kelly wrote:
I would be inclined to believe the intruder theory if not for the ranson note being written in the house. Young person, or old person, you would not use the pen and paper in the victim's own house!! And if you were a kidnapper and murderer, you wouldnt cover up how you killed your victim, you wouldnt care. So, I guess there are two things here that keep coming back to my head.
Think about this...If the murder and set up was premeditated by someone who had access to the house in the days preceding the murder, he/she could have taken the pen and paper and composed the ransom note offsite and returned with it on the night of the murder.

Since: Jan 06

Location hidden

#242 Jul 29, 2006
Possibly Not wrote:
<quoted text>
Think about this...If the murder and set up was premeditated by someone who had access to the house in the days preceding the murder, he/she could have taken the pen and paper and composed the ransom note offsite and returned with it on the night of the murder.
You are right - and there has been a lot of speculation about the housekeeper and Fleet White on that very point -- but no one has come forward and said the handwriting was a match to either.

The handwriting --- it may be possible to disguise a short note - a few lines - but not three pages -- not using a felt tip pen that would bleed it you went slowly.

Experiment -- copy three pages of this thread - or your favorite poems - or words to songs you know well. The only letters you need to change are the VOWELS -- replace each vowel with a star. See how far you get before you write a vowel.

That puts it into perspective -- how can anyone hope to disguise their writing for 3 pages??? Would anyone really think they could get away with that?

I think the killer wasn't so close he thought the family would know his hand. He's someone a bit further away. Like the roofer in the Elizabeth Smart case - or the neighbor in Florida ...
I totally agree

AOL

#243 Jul 29, 2006
The person responsible for taking the pen and paper was an acquantance, not someone closely associated with the family. What is your opinion on the post (3 up) regarding the falsely attributed movie quote to "Only Angels Have Wings"?
Victory

United States

#244 Jul 30, 2006
I totally agree wrote:
The person responsible for taking the pen and paper was an acquantance, not someone closely associated with the family. What is your opinion on the post (3 up) regarding the falsely attributed movie quote to "Only Angels Have Wings"?
I, too, think that whoever wrote the note was an acquaintance. I don't know the movie quote, "Judy, Judy, Judy" mentioned above and in response to my saying sometime ago that the writer of the note left a big clue by signing his own name at two points in the note at the end--1)"You're not the only fat cat around....John." and 2)"It's up to you, now.....John."

Since: Jan 06

Location hidden

#245 Jul 30, 2006
I don't see how the John references relate at all to "Judy, Judy, Judy" said in that quick repetition.

There are lots of threes in this world - "Three strikes and you're out", the "Trinity", "three French Hens", Three Wise Men, three course meal.... I simply don't see why anyone feels it relatesto Judy said three times.

But it isn't my style to jump in and disagree -- I was waiting to see if there was more to that theory.

But you asked, so I told you my opinion.
Victory

United States

#246 Jul 30, 2006
justwatching wrote:
I don't see how the John references relate at all to "Judy, Judy, Judy" said in that quick repetition.
There are lots of threes in this world - "Three strikes and you're out", the "Trinity", "three French Hens", Three Wise Men, three course meal.... I simply don't see why anyone feels it relatesto Judy said three times.
But it isn't my style to jump in and disagree -- I was waiting to see if there was more to that theory.
The only relation of the ransom note to "Only Angels Have Wings" that I can think of (And, I can't recall ever seeing the movie) is that the pilots stayed true to their code, and if there were more than one involved in the Ramsey Case, those people are remaining true their code---
About the signature on the ransom note...I say that because of the long pause, especially at the very end..."It's up to you, now......John.
I totally agree

AOL

#247 Jul 30, 2006
justwatching wrote:
Colloquially, it’s not spoken in quick succession. It has a somewhat southern draw and it’s used to scold someone in a condensending way. Cary Grant never said it, but somehow through movie fokelore, the quote is attributed to Cary Grant's character. When one says,“Ju-daaay, Ju-daay, Ju-daay”, it has a scolding tone. One would use it when the intent was to scold someone or display your discontent with their actions. So, that’s why I think it is connected to the movie theme in the ransom note from “Only Angels Have Wings”.
I totally agree

AOL

#248 Jul 30, 2006
Victory wrote:
<quoted text>
The only relation of the ransom note to "Only Angels Have Wings" that I can think of (And, I can't recall ever seeing the movie) is that the pilots stayed true to their code, and if there were more than one involved in the Ramsey Case, those people are remaining true their code---
About the signature on the ransom note...I say that because of the long pause, especially at the very end..."It's up to you, now......John.
Again, Victory, I totally agree. I think however it was from something that John was involved in before the murder. I believe the people from this group before the murder are the ones as you say are "remaining true to (sic) their code"
wondering

Boiling Springs, SC

#249 Aug 4, 2006
Are there any other handwriting samples availble on the internet of anybody other than John or Patsy's... that were compared to the ransom note?
Leigh

Denver, CO

#250 Aug 7, 2006
I watched a documentary tonight (8/7/06) and came up with a couple questions that weren't answered: Was John Ramsey's company a public company (giving the public information about his bonus dollar amount), and did the police check on who may have had access to the architectural drawings of the home they lived in? The documentary talked about the unique architecture of the home, but they didn't discuss who may have had access to those drawings.
Leigh

Denver, CO

#251 Aug 7, 2006
I have to say, from the beginning, I'v3e had my doubts that John and Patsy were in any way involved. What police department doesn't clear a crime scene? What police department asks the "victim's" family to check a crime scene? In my opinion, John Ramsey didn't do anything I wouldn't have done if I had found my own child. This was completely bungled by a police department that was complacemt -- because this is an area where "this type of thing just doesn't happen" -- and the Boulder police department was trying to cover their incompetent tracks when they tried to blame it on the parents.
Victory

United States

#252 Aug 7, 2006
After the Ramseys moved into their older home, they began renovation. The third floor was added to make the master bedroom and bath. Someone had to draw those plans. Also, many construction workers were in and out of there before 12-25-1996. I believed they lived in that house for less than six years.
janis

United States

#253 Aug 8, 2006
Burkes finger print were found on the glass with the tea bag and the bowl that contained the pinapple.. The reason things dont fit into place.. is because,, nothing of the real killer was ever quetioned... meaning.. if the prints were burkes.. pineapple was found in her stomach...burke must have been one of the last persons to see her alive...he was never questions.. tested for samples..or anything. I have a feeling.. when burke is older... he will comit another crime.. and when his dna matches the blood stain in the underpants..
it will confirm.. the pieces didnt fit.. because the real murderer.. was burke.. I believe.. Patsy and john.. loved both thier children.. faced with one gone.. did everything in thier power including write a ransom note to get attention away from burke.. to protect him... lets face it.. 10 year olds have killed before..look at the possible, take away the probable.. and there you have burke.
Kimbery

AOL

#254 Aug 8, 2006
I think that we all should let the Ramsey's be in peace. We all have a theory as to what happened but we will never know exactly what happened. This is such a sad story after all this time and I pray that nothing like this will ever happen again.
Victory

United States

#255 Aug 8, 2006
janis wrote:
Burkes finger print were found on the glass with the tea bag and the bowl that contained the pinapple.. The reason things dont fit into place.. is because,, nothing of the real killer was ever quetioned... meaning.. if the prints were burkes.. pineapple was found in her stomach...burke must have been one of the last persons to see her alive...he was never questions.. tested for samples..or anything. I have a feeling.. when burke is older... he will comit another crime.. and when his dna matches the blood stain in the underpants..
it will confirm.. the pieces didnt fit.. because the real murderer.. was burke.. I believe.. Patsy and john.. loved both thier children.. faced with one gone.. did everything in thier power including write a ransom note to get attention away from burke.. to protect him... lets face it.. 10 year olds have killed before..look at the possible, take away the probable.. and there you have burke.
Burke's fingerprints were not found on the bowl and his DNA tested negative. Also, he was 9 yrs. old at the time.
Mella

India

#256 Aug 11, 2006
Victory wrote:
<quoted text>
Burke's fingerprints were not found on the bowl and his DNA tested negative. Also, he was 9 yrs. old at the time.
There are nine year olds who have commited murder! Maybe the parents were covering up for him.
Debbie

AOL

#257 Aug 16, 2006
Amen to Kimberly. So today they arrested a sex offender for Jon Benet's murder. That should quiet all the ignorant fools who read -- and take as gospel -- trash like The Enquirer and The Star. I worked in News for many years, and too much misinformation was published in all the rags. Then you had an inexperienced police department who'd never investigated a homicide, and took the easy way out instead of owning up to the fact that they didn't know what the hell they were doing (the FBI should have been called in at the very beginning). And despite their lack of knowledge, they were never shy with conjecture. Anytime a camera was lit, you'd find Alex Hunter in front of it spewing some theory.
The real tragedy is that the public jumped on the keystone cops' band wagon, and a family not only buried their baby daughter (no parent should endure that), but they were also persecuted for a decade after that as well (not only by the public but also by people like New York lawyer Darnay Hoffman (he's Joel Steinberg's lawyer --'nuff said. Hoffman enjoyed filing lawsuit after lawsuit trying to force the hand of the Boulder DA to prosecute the Ramseys).
God rest Patsy Ramsey's soul. The last decade of this woman's life must have been torture. I hope she is at peace today now that someone has been arrested, and I hope all those who ignorantly judged this family hang their heads in shame.
Justice seeker

United States

#258 Aug 16, 2006
Debbie wrote:
Amen to Kimberly. So today they arrested a sex offender for Jon Benet's murder. That should quiet all the ignorant fools who read -- and take as gospel -- trash like The Enquirer and The Star. I worked in News for many years, and too much misinformation was published in all the rags. Then you had an inexperienced police department who'd never investigated a homicide, and took the easy way out instead of owning up to the fact that they didn't know what the hell they were doing (the FBI should have been called in at the very beginning). And despite their lack of knowledge, they were never shy with conjecture. Anytime a camera was lit, you'd find Alex Hunter in front of it spewing some theory.
The real tragedy is that the public jumped on the keystone cops' band wagon, and a family not only buried their baby daughter (no parent should endure that), but they were also persecuted for a decade after that as well (not only by the public but also by people like New York lawyer Darnay Hoffman (he's Joel Steinberg's lawyer --'nuff said. Hoffman enjoyed filing lawsuit after lawsuit trying to force the hand of the Boulder DA to prosecute the Ramseys).
God rest Patsy Ramsey's soul. The last decade of this woman's life must have been torture. I hope she is at peace today now that someone has been arrested, and I hope all those who ignorantly judged this family hang their heads in shame.
Right on !!!
Lets Reflect

Melbourne, Australia

#259 Aug 17, 2006
In my mind there is nothing so dreadful as the thought of losing a child. That having happened, instead of consolation and sympathy, the world turned on this family, blaming the parents and/or the brother. Shame on you all, all of self righteous amateur detectives who knew nothing. Now the killer has confessed and proved all of your petty theories wrong. Eat your words.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Boulder Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
JonBenet Investigation (Nov '11) 9 hr JBI 1,627
Marijuana fest meant to educate, enlighten (May '10) Sat bud 4
Students hack into school system, change grades (Apr '07) Sat Hacker 618
Space probe wakes up for close-up with Pluto Dec 19 Sparky Rabbit 3
JonBenet Ramsey (Mar '14) Dec 19 True Blue Local 4
Horizons K-8 seventh and eighth grade immigrati... Dec 16 Holla Isabella 3
Boulder: Is affordable housing working? Dec 15 Deep Upinya 1

Winter Storm Warning for Boulder County was issued at December 21 at 9:14PM MST

Boulder Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Boulder People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Boulder News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Boulder

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 1:28 pm PST

Yahoo! Sports 1:28PM
Steelers beat Chiefs, return to playoffs
Bleacher Report 2:17 PM
Steelers End Playoff Drought by Taking Care of Business
Bleacher Report 3:39 PM
Highlights, Recap for Chiefs vs. Steelers
Bleacher Report 6:00 PM
Colts Have Puncher's Chance in Playoffs Despite Flaws
Bleacher Report 7:49 PM
How Far Can Steelers' Big Three Carry Them?