Burke Ramsey files $750M defamation s...

Burke Ramsey files $750M defamation suit over CBS series about sister JonBenet's murder

There are 52 comments on the Daily Camera story from Dec 28, 2016, titled Burke Ramsey files $750M defamation suit over CBS series about sister JonBenet's murder. In it, Daily Camera reports that:

Host Phil McGraw and Burke Ramsey appear in a clip from the "Dr. Phil" show that aired in September. Today, Atlanta-based attorney Lin Wood filed a defamation lawsuit, with 29-year-old Burke Ramsey as the sole plaintiff, against CBS, for its production "The Case Of: JonBenet Ramsey," a four-hour "docu-series," as it was described by the network.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daily Camera.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Texxy

Spring, TX

#1 Mar 25, 2017
Who is Mike Kane?
berrytea333

Saint Louis, MO

#2 Mar 25, 2017
Texxy wrote:
Who is Mike Kane?
Look him up.(That is, if you're mentally capable enough.)
Peet

Los Angeles, CA

#3 Apr 29, 2017
Not everyone is up on this case or others.
KCinNYC

New York, NY

#6 Jun 10, 2017
Not sure which thread at this point to keep track of $750 mil lawsuit updates, but, posting something on this thread:
I found the FOX lawsuit document (on the CBS lawsuit link posted on another thread) originally filed 01/06/05.
JOHN RAMSEY;PATSY RAMSEY; and BURKE RAMSEY, a minor, by his next friends and natural parents,JOHN RAMSEY and PATSY RAMSEY,Plaintiffs,
v.
FOX NEWS NETWORK, L.L.C., d/b/a Fox News Channel,Defendant.

ORDER ON MOTION TO DISMISS

snip~
16Fox News, however, did not shirk those responsibilities here. While the December 2002 broadcast appears to plaintiffs not to have been “fair and balanced” towards them, it was not defamatory.
The Court therefore GRANTS Defendant’s Motion to Dismiss Plaintiffs’ Amended Complaint Pursuant to F.R.C.P. 12(b)(6) and DISMISSES this case with prejudice.
DATED: January 6th, 2005. BY THE COURT:Phillip S. Figa , United States District Judge
~~~~~~~~~~

So, since this lawsuit Ramseys filed was DISMISSED, wouldn't you say CBS lawyers will use it to show how they tried to sue another station for defamation, and how it was dismissed/Ramseys LOST?

link: https://www.scribd.com/document/305837/0107ra...
robert

Canada

#7 Jun 10, 2017
KCinNYC wrote:
Not sure which thread at this point to keep track of $750 mil lawsuit updates, but, posting something on this thread:
I found the FOX lawsuit document (on the CBS lawsuit link posted on another thread) originally filed 01/06/05.
JOHN RAMSEY;PATSY RAMSEY; and BURKE RAMSEY, a minor, by his next friends and natural parents,JOHN RAMSEY and PATSY RAMSEY,Plaintiffs,
v.
FOX NEWS NETWORK, L.L.C., d/b/a Fox News Channel,Defendant.

ORDER ON MOTION TO DISMISS

snip~
16Fox News, however, did not shirk those responsibilities here. While the December 2002 broadcast appears to plaintiffs not to have been “fair and balanced” towards them, it was not defamatory.
The Court therefore GRANTS Defendant’s Motion to Dismiss Plaintiffs’ Amended Complaint Pursuant to F.R.C.P. 12(b)(6) and DISMISSES this case with prejudice.
DATED: January 6th, 2005. BY THE COURT:Phillip S. Figa , United States District Judge
~~~~~~~~~~

So, since this lawsuit Ramseys filed was DISMISSED, wouldn't you say CBS lawyers will use it to show how they tried to sue another station for defamation, and how it was dismissed/Ramseys LOST?

link: https://www.scribd.com/document/305837/0107ra...
No need to..it's l wood and Ramsey will be the ones running from this one. Remember it's was the FILING OF that lawsuit that was the most importent thing. Not to be carried any further.. It's like putting up a no trespassing sign. Poor Burke..to bad he can't think on his own

Since: Jan 17

Location hidden

#8 Jun 10, 2017
robert wrote:
<quoted text>
No need to..it's l wood and Ramsey will be the ones running from this one. Remember it's was the FILING OF that lawsuit that was the most importent thing. Not to be carried any further.. It's like putting up a no trespassing sign. Poor Burke..to bad he can't think on his own
True.
I feel bad for the Burkster,too, I really do.
Lori Snyder

Toronto, Canada

#9 Jun 11, 2017
Ridiculous show on CBS. Those A- holes should have to pay Burke. All the shit he's has to deal with all his life.
Can't believe the stupidity of people still not understanding that the family had nothing to do with this. Whoever set them up did a good job & likely still walking around town.
Michael Hilgoth's partner in crime.
robert

Canada

#10 Jun 11, 2017
Lori Snyder wrote:
Ridiculous show on CBS. Those A- holes should have to pay Burke. All the shit he's has to deal with all his life.
Can't believe the stupidity of people still not understanding that the family had nothing to do with this. Whoever set them up did a good job & likely still walking around town.
Michael Hilgoth's partner in crime.
A member of LE if not more than once had Burke as a case to crack... that member got put on the chopping block as a poor detective..that could not get the simple minded Burke to confess or at least say something that would incriminate himself ( loosely saying incriminate as everyone knows Colorado law dealing with childen)
Ever think Burke did not crack because simple things are simple to simple people ? Telling the truth is simple .telling lies is NOT to a simple person.
kauna

United States

#11 Jun 12, 2017
robert wrote:
<quoted text>
A member of LE if not more than once had Burke as a case to crack... that member got put on the chopping block as a poor detective..that could not get the simple minded Burke to confess or at least say something that would incriminate himself ( loosely saying incriminate as everyone knows Colorado law dealing with childen)
Ever think Burke did not crack because simple things are simple to simple people ? Telling the truth is simple .telling lies is NOT to a simple person.
Good point.
How many simple folkz graduated Purdue & made it to the deans list. GTS ...i guess.

Is there Borderline Simple.?

Access & MOBI say ....No Simple minds.
kauna

United States

#12 Jun 12, 2017
KCinNYC wrote:
<quoted text>

True.
I feel bad for the Burkster,too, I really do.
What parts of The Burke Saga do u feel sorry for KC?
robert

Canada

#13 Jun 12, 2017
kauna wrote:
<quoted text>

Good point.
How many simple folkz graduated Purdue & made it to the deans list. GTS ...i guess.

Referring to simple minded at age 10 .. today's councilling and other educational processes and help
And still no leads to a BDI setuation. My opinion only is that Burke don't know anything that can help solve the case

Since: Jan 17

Location hidden

#14 Jun 12, 2017
robert wrote:
<quoted text>
Burke did incriminate himself, sorta, by admitting he went back downstairs that night . Puts him in closer proximity to the death of JBR than anyone else. So far.
kauna

United States

#15 Jun 12, 2017
robert wrote:
<quoted text>
Referring to simple minded at age 10 .. today's councilling and other educational processes and help
And still no leads to a BDI setuation. My opinion only is that Burke don't know anything that can help solve the case
K
Thank u

In the story of mrs. santa's young daughters abduction & witnessing rape.

A witness to some of the crimes involving JonBenet & abuser.?

John says... Burke won't have a, Total Recall Moment for 40yrs.

We are to believe burke was a bit frozen in place in his bed on the 25th.
robert

Canada

#16 Jun 12, 2017
kauna wrote:
<quoted text>

K
Thank u

In the story of mrs. santa's young daughters abduction & witnessing rape.

A witness to some of the crimes involving JonBenet & abuser.?

John says... Burke won't have a, Total Recall Moment for 40yrs.

We are to believe burke was a bit frozen in place in his bed on the 25th.
I could have Burke all wrong..just an opinion as stated

Not sure where John stated Burke won't have a total recall moment for 40 years . But if said..that means to me that John knows Burke's mental capacity well and perhaps take advantage of it.
Possible witness to abuser and frozen in time.
The non event law suit by Burke ..bet JR worries about time unfrozen .
kauna

United States

#17 Jun 12, 2017
robert wrote:
<quoted text> I could have Burke all wrong..just an opinion as stated

Not sure where John stated Burke won't have a total recall moment for 40 years . But if said..that means to me that John knows Burke's mental capacity well and perhaps take advantage of it.
Possible witness to abuser and frozen in time.
The non event law suit by Burke ..bet JR worries about time unfrozen .
40yr comment by daddy.
I don't recall where...perhaps dr.p
Logic101

United States

#19 Jun 13, 2017
KCinNYC wrote:
<quoted text>

Burke did incriminate himself, sorta, by admitting he went back downstairs that night . Puts him in closer proximity to the death of JBR than anyone else. So far.
Burke DISCLOSED that he was downstairs! There is a world of difference in criminology between disclosing something and admitting to something..

Admitting to something is agreeing to something AFTER you have already been asked about it.

Hope that helps.
Logic101

United States

#20 Jun 13, 2017
kauna wrote:
<quoted text>

Good point.

Kauna, this is a great post.
Logic101

United States

#21 Jun 13, 2017
Just want to remind everyone that I did go on record at the very inception of this lawsuit that Burke would prevail and I am sticking with it.
kauna

United States

#22 Jun 13, 2017
Logic101 wrote:
<quoted text>

Kauna, this is a great post.
Meh
Give credit where due....those guys got some powerfully Good genes.
Keep in mind that strategy can work in All aspects of Their lives.
20yrs worth of those minds stratigising.

Access had a hard time working their profit margins.
Book jockeys working the math.
Boom
Baby your a Fire Work....watch me go up up upppp.
The Higher u go the farther u fall.

I detest seeing plastic in tree limbs as adornments.
Stranglers for trees.
robert

Canada

#23 Jun 13, 2017
Logic101 wrote:
Just want to remind everyone that I did go on record at the very inception of this lawsuit that Burke would prevail and I am sticking with it.
Bumped...to help you out

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Boulder Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News JonBenet murder case goes full circle (Mar '17) Wed Anonymous 11
News Casting JonBenet review: an uncanny quest (Mar '17) Tue Anonymous 10
News The First Trailer for Lifetime's JonBenet Movie... (Sep '16) Sep 17 kauna1958 11
News The Clue in JonBenet Ramsey's Autopsy That Make... (Mar '17) Sep 17 faceitheadon 13
News Students hack into school system, change grades (Apr '07) Sep 17 World class predi... 752
News Author strikes down intruder theory in JonBenet... (Jul '12) Sep 15 Dedred 154
News The tragedy of JonBenet (Mar '06) Sep 14 Dedred 362

Boulder Jobs

Personal Finance

Boulder Mortgages