Boulder councilman George Karakehian:...

Boulder councilman George Karakehian: Global warming only partially caused by human activity

There are 9 comments on the Daily Camera story from Jun 5, 2012, titled Boulder councilman George Karakehian: Global warming only partially caused by human activity. In it, Daily Camera reports that:

Boulder City Councilman George Karakehian voted against a resolution supporting greenhouse gas reduction under the Clean Air Act because the measure said unequivocally that climate change is caused by human activity.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daily Camera.

SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#1 Jun 6, 2012
George grew up in Boston, the son of a middle class Armenian family. He started working when he was nine years old. He paid for most of his own college education. He left the east coast for Colorado in 1965 to attend Colorado State University, without previously visiting it.

He graduated in 1970, with a degree in business. George moved to Boulder where he married and started a family. He initially sold insurance for 20 years, but started selling antique prints and maps at the same time.

That became a primary interest when he opened his shop, Art Source International, twenty five years ago. It is a local landmark because of its unique and interesting merchandise. He has a personal and financial interest in the Pearl Street mall. He has been working on the Mallís behalf for 25 years.

Even in his twenties, George was active in community organizations, namely, the Boulder Jaycees. In 1974 he chaired the project to save, move and remodel the Boulder train depot from 14th and Water Street (now Canyon boulevard), to the Pow-Wow grounds at 30th & Pearl. The City of Boulder was going to tear the historic landmark down to complete 14th St through to Canyon.

George's wife, Kristin Karakehian, grew up in Boulder and went to University Hill Elementary, Baseline Junior High, and Boulder High School. She is an occupational therapist who has worked for Boulder Community Hospital for 23 years.

George has two daughters. Both graduated from Boulder High school and went to Baylor University. While in Texas, they both married Lone Star State boys. Both couples now live in the Boulder area. George has two grandchildren. The youngest daughter works in George's business, and the older one is in the mortgage business in Boulder.

George has a reputation for working with people on different sides of an issue to reach a consensus. He is sought after by many for his advice, advocacy and perspective.

P.S. Oh Georgie boy, why did you do what you did? Business.
THAWT IT WUZ REEL

Los Angeles, CA

#2 Jun 8, 2012
SpaceBlower wrote:
LEMME TELL YA BOI THIM 'AIR

T.R.E.E.M.O.M.I.T.U.R.
R.E.E.D.I.N.G.I.S.M.S.

IS sum POWWW'rFUL PROGNOSTiFuH-KAYEshuNZ, SonnNN!
You intellectual invalid

“WE never came from Africa!”

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#3 Jun 8, 2012
if it wasn't for BUSINESS people none of us could use computers, or watch Fat Al on TV. What a hippy attitude!
you can hear him whining, "oh man those bizness suits ruin my vibe, I mean like why can't everyone just like , er , exist? Like , er, we don't need money" (as long as the evil gubmint and our parents pay up)
LessHypeMoreFact

Toronto, Canada

#4 Jun 11, 2012
DudTenners wrote:
if it wasn't for BUSINESS people ..
If it wasn't for the working people, the business people could go piss up a rope. If it weren't for the ..

Where have I heard this crap before?? Oh, yahh...

http://sms-unlimited.blogspot.ca/2007/12/diff...

“Happy, warm and comfortable”

Since: Oct 10

Mountain hideaway, SE Spain

#5 Jun 11, 2012
NobodyYouEverWantToKnow, alias:
LessFactMoreHype wrote:
Forty is spelt with a U
Etymology is not a serious subject
Deforestations is a consequence of AGW
Epistemologists compile dictionaries
Epystemologists compile dictionaries
Samuel Johnson was an American
Ice calving is restricted by size
Spelt is only an ancient grain
The equator doesn't have season
Cars can be charged with road collisions
Vikings didn't know how to live in a warmer Greenland
How much heat you are transferring at one time has NO relationship to the temperature of any objects
Alberta is a country
New Moore island is in the MOUTH of the several rivers
Insects and plants don't qualify as species
Enercon install offshore wind generators
Scientific laws are not science
Climate and weather are not 'linked'
Predictions are for astrologers
Ethanol is a very workable and effective solution
AGW is just the warming of the global average surface temperature due to GHGs
AGW is the global average
The science says that human emissions are responsible for MOST of AGW, which has SOME unknown but significant part of climate change
The IPCC report of 2001 and 2007 clearly show that GHGs are by far the largest contributor but not the exclusive contributor to AGW
America has two political parties
Climate and weather are not 'linked'
'nondenier' is a real word
Fruiting plants are especially chosen by bees for, "polination"
We acted on CFCs in the 70s
CO2 is not vital for life on planet Earth.
CO2 causes, "thermal pollution"
CO2 is a 'thermal pollutant'
CO2 levels are rising faster than the temperature can react
AGW is comparable to the Holocaust
Please show this 'ararmist club' and membership list.
And theory is the endpoint of science.
The 'unproven' stuff is 'hypothesis'.
The fact that all the scientific authorities confirm AGW as theory means that it IS science fact as defined.
There are no 'laws of science'
Scientific laws are NOT science
the science isn't going to change
While the science doesn't change rapidly it does change
And nowhere is there 'skepticism' of the science
Experiment is NOT science
Experiment can only give you data. It cannot PROVE anything

“WE never came from Africa!”

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#6 Jun 11, 2012
LessHypeMoreFact wrote:
<quoted text>
If it wasn't for the working people, the business people could go piss up a rope. If it weren't for the ..
Where have I heard this crap before?? Oh, yahh...
http://sms-unlimited.blogspot.ca/2007/12/diff...
we always have this problem with marxists. Can't you see it takes workers and entrepreneurs to have any business at all? I suppose you think that "workers commuuuuuuunes" could just spring up and then run CO2 free industires while paying enough tax to keep everything going? Because that is how a society works. It isn't some hippy alternative fantasy like you dream about.

#7 Jun 11, 2012
DudTenners wrote:
we always have this problem with marxists. Can't you see it takes workers and entrepreneurs to have any business at all? I suppose you think that "workers commuuuuuuunes" could just spring up and then run CO2 free industires while paying enough tax to keep everything going? Because that is how a society works. It isn't some hippy alternative fantasy like you dream about.
Do you suppose he still has those weird fantasies at the age of 62?
LessHypeMoreFact

Toronto, Canada

#8 Jun 11, 2012
DudTenners wrote:
<quoted text>we always have this problem with marxists. Can't you see it takes workers and entrepreneurs to have any business at all? I suppose you think that "workers commuuuuuuunes" could just spring up and then run CO2 free industires while paying enough tax to keep everything going? Because that is how a society works. It isn't some hippy alternative fantasy like you dream about.
Try reading the reference. It is very illustrative of the fact that you need ALL of the part to make the whole. And those that think that THEIR part is all of it are just arrogant and narcistic braggards. i.e.*ssholes.

#9 Jun 11, 2012
NobodyYouEverWantToKnow, alias:
LessFactMoreHype wrote:
And those that think that THEIR part is all of it are just arrogant and narcistic braggards. i.e.*ssholes.
It's too kind of you to describe yourself, congratulations, Mr Undoubtably Spelt Fourty, and my best regards to your other self, Mr Thermal Pollutant.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Boulder Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
free tess damm!! (Mar '07) Tue Nick 72
Don't Boulder Golden ! May 23 Jim Moz 4
Boulder police arrest suspected drug dealer on ... May 22 really 4
Why are Boulder people such A**%OLES ?? (Jul '10) May 21 Centennial Joe 63
Boulder Drivers Voted Rudest & Most Arrogant in... May 19 gangstar43 2
Health Care - Boulder, CO (Sep '09) May 18 Seeing 23
News Boulder police, fire staging water rescue in Bo... May 12 MAK 1
More from around the web

Boulder People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE