The Truth about Firearms, the Crimina...

The Truth about Firearms, the Criminal Justice System, and You

There are 4 comments on the Weekend story from Sep 6, 2012, titled The Truth about Firearms, the Criminal Justice System, and You. In it, Weekend reports that:

According to Michelle Gesse, being a gun owner puts you at increased risk for being falsely accused of a crime.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Weekend.

“Pompous pontificator”

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#1 Sep 6, 2012
Almost everybody who gets in any kind of trouble does-so because they have a big mouth. When you keep you private affairs private, you are far-less likely to run afoul of the law. While gun ownership is very common in some places and folks don't give it another thought, I lived in one of those gun-hating states for a while and I never told anybody I had guns. There was no real reason to tell anybody and that was the best way to live then. Even now living in a gun-friendly state, I still don't let-on to anybody who does not need to know.
Jails and prisons are full of people who lied or told the truth. Keep your yap shut and stay outa trouble.

Words are your slave until spoken; then YOU become their slave.
Dr Freud

Switzerland

#2 Sep 6, 2012
Even a fish wouldn't get caught if he kept his mouth shut!
You can't be legally arrested for not speaking.

“Now thats a tin hat!”

Since: Oct 07

Blue Ridge Mountains

#3 Sep 7, 2012
Dr Freud wrote:
Even a fish wouldn't get caught if he kept his mouth shut!
You can't be legally arrested for not speaking.

remember that one, there is a part two by a cop,

“Pompous pontificator”

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#4 Sep 7, 2012
ZigmunnDroid wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =i8z7NC5sgikXX
remember that one, there is a part two by a cop,
A favorite video of mine.

As luck would have it, most low level criminals are stupid and believe they must talk with police. So, justice IS often served in that case. But too-many inocent folks get caught up in drama and suffer a lot of indignities, or at-least a whole-lotta inconvenience and maybe embarrassment. As a species, humans tend to be helpful and loquacious, so it's counter intuitive and seems rude to ignore people who are asking you questions. So, some un-learning of your parents' admonition to "be polite" is required to save you from being tripped-up. "I'm sorry, sometimes people get confused and misunderstand what I say, so I am not going to have a conversation with you...am I free to go?"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Boulder Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Author strikes down intruder theory in JonBenet... (Jul '12) 9 hr Texxy 146
Why are Boulder people such A**%OLES ?? (Jul '10) Thu Rick Yukon 85
John Persinger Thu Rusrick 1
condo fraud (Oct '13) Wed Stacy 25
News Students hack into school system, change grades (Apr '07) Wed good hacker here 743
News SLIDESHOW: JonBenet murder still a mystery 15 y... (Dec '11) Wed PelicanBreefs 5
Lyft Promo Code Boulder Colorado Free $50 in Ri... (Jun '16) Oct 16 crazystevetry 5

Boulder Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Boulder Mortgages