The tragedy of JonBenet

The tragedy of JonBenet

There are 362 comments on the The Vail Trail story from Mar 20, 2006, titled The tragedy of JonBenet. In it, The Vail Trail reports that:

There are few in this great world of ours that weren't glued to the countless episodes of Hard Copy and Inside Edition during the investigation of the JonBenet Ramsey murder, which occurred sometime during ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Vail Trail.

First Prev
of 19
Next Last
deb

AOL

#2 Mar 31, 2006
Hi - I am from MN too!

Anyway, from my readings, the ransom note was not really a ransom note - it almost all came from movies and it was written in the house. If it was a planned kidnapping, it would not have been written by hand, and it would have been written prior to entering the house in the planning stages. This was someone with a good memory for movie lines with nothing to do while he was waiting.
texasbird

UK

#7 Apr 25, 2006
Could I ask where the sale's from this book you are talking about has gone< I myself hope it has in no way gone to the family, and has infact gone into to stop any other child murder victim's. and would I aslo take a min to say that in the uk we don't that I know of have any kind of child buy pagent's, as I myself find it scary that you have little girl's dressing up as young lady's with sometime full hair and make up on, has no one any worrie's that this is like a red rag to anykind of perv's out there, as a mother of a girl, I would myself( and I am just talking for myself) never let my daughter do one of those, and I knowe that you will have lot's of mother's saying that it is their daughter's that want to do it, and I'm sure that is in someway's right but their are also some mother's that are liveing the missed live's that they were never ment to have. and I would like to send out my thought's to all of the family and freind's of this little girl.
texasbird

UK

#9 Apr 25, 2006
well In no way am I criticizeing them , I like you and other people that post their thought's on this and any other site's, have the right to say what I think, and as a mother I would not myself dress my child up to look like a mini grown up woman, and yes I know that every year more and more children are taken from their home's and of the stree, by those men or even women (again, to my thought's ) should not be able to walk the stree's, and before you or anyone else say it,( I am also aware that, nine time's out of ten ,it is a close family member or freind's or sometime someone that is knowen to the family in some way. It would just worry me as a mother, to have the though that someone that someone would go to theses thing's for no other reason than to get their rock's off, as I said that I don't know of any of these pageant's takeing place over in the uk( I maybe wronge) and as for me throwing anything at these two parent's, I again do not know them, so I will keep my though's to myself some what, but will also say that we have within the last couple of year's over here had a few children taken from the area that I and my family come from, one of them was knowen to my daughter, and I'm am sorry to say they took 7 month's to find her, or should I say what was left of her body, in a woodland's.. and they have never found the monster, that had taken her life. but her parent's instead of doing talk show's ( again this is something that I will freely say I know little about) have gone onto help, in a big way to set up cell phone tracker's , with the help of some wounderfull company's over here, to help parent's keep track of their children at all time's. and I know that this child did not have a cell phone, or was not out, with out her mother or father,( and again I have not ment to upset anyone, as I only know what I like other's read in our press, and only half of that is I think true, so I am sure that they parent's were just as great parent's as I should hope you or I would like to think we are. but I would again ask the quest are they giveing the money they make from speaking to help stop this kind of thing happening again?
texasbird

UK

#12 Apr 25, 2006
I wish them luck in their live's, I myself would hate to have any of my children taken from me, so I'm sorry if I have in anyway upset anyone with my post's it was not ment in anyway to do that.
DEB

AOL

#13 Apr 26, 2006
texasbird wrote:
I wish them luck in their live's, I myself would hate to have any of my children taken from me, so I'm sorry if I have in anyway upset anyone with my post's it was not ment in anyway to do that.
I think we have to remember they how the Ramsey's were treated. They were publically accussed by law inforcement & tabloids before ever being tried, before ever reviewing evidence, or interviewing other suspects, and John lost his business. This is why they wrote the book and did interviews.

As far as dressing up little girls, I loved to play dress-up when I was little. And always watched Miss America Pagents and would pretend to be in a contestant. With Patsy and her sister
being in pagents, it was a natural hobby for a little girl who was out-going and talented. An excellent venue for developing talent, poise, confidence, and a future Miss America.
texasbird

UK

#14 Apr 27, 2006
all of the thing's that you have said I understand, and again I could never even try to understand what they as parent's of a child that has had her life cut short( or any other parent that has had their child taken from them in any way shape or form) I have to health children, so I won't even try to go there. again it is not my wish to upset anyone, but to make my point of veiw knowen, and yes it is normal for little girl's to dress up, but I to have watched some of these pagent's , and I have seen some mother's not all, but some of them put so much stress on their children to win, and in some case's by doing this they can take way the child hood that they should have, because rather than it beening fun, as it should be, the mother can live though that child and sometime forget it is in fact the child that important, not just winning.
Little

Grove City, PA

#19 Apr 29, 2006
Why in the world would anyone fly to Boulder from Atlanta, and run the risk of at the very least life in prison, for such a paltry sum of money? There's not enough money in the world, IMO, to commit such a crime, but this person would have to be some special brand of idiot/pervert/psychotic and sure would not pass under the radar.

If John Ramsey thought this person was responsible for the death of his child, I doubt he would not have proclaimed it from every forum available to him.

If John Ramsey thought this person was a likely suspect it would not have been difficult to prove this person's moves. Assuming you are not a player here, if you know it, then LE would know it. Flight records, even with private planes, are certainly available.

If you "know" who is responsible for JonBenet's death, then go to the authorities and tell them what you "know" to be the facts and evidence, give them your "proof". This case would be wrapped up in days.
Not Cute

Trenton, OH

#24 May 1, 2006
justwatching wrote:
<quoted text>
People who knew the family from the pageants say that the family was NOT just interested in winning. Patsy had helped some of the less.... rich kids ... get nice clothes. She did what she could to make sure JonBenet and others had FUN. It wasn't cut throat for them as it is for some families.
I know the TV shows take the worst of the worstto show the demanding, screaching, horrid moms. But not all are like that.
Think of pageants as a sport. Not all parents are willing to break the coach's arms if they don't choose their kids first. Right?
The fact that some are is enough. What possibly could a child gain by participating in those pageants. These types of pageants destroy or distort a girls self esteem and worth. They don't look cute. They are dressed up very cheaply. Its a pedophiles dream. I think these mothers should have their heads examined and be interviewed by the dept. of social services as well as take parenting classes. The only one's that seem to be having fun are the weirdo mothers. Try enrolling them in school plays or sports like normal people.
Not Cute

Trenton, OH

#25 May 1, 2006
justwatching wrote:
You lost me. I don't know who you are accusing.
I had a suspect who lived in Atlanta - a kid. But john didn't name him.
The parents are to blame for making her daughter bait. I believe someone in that house of horror did it. I hope the mother who should have protected her daughter feels guilty for the rest of her life. She knows who did it.
And

Trenton, OH

#26 May 1, 2006
justwatching wrote:
<quoted text>
As far as i can tell, they are paying their bills. We all have them.
Just like OJ Simpson.
And

Trenton, OH

#27 May 1, 2006
DEB wrote:
<quoted text>
I think we have to remember they how the Ramsey's were treated. They were publically accussed by law inforcement & tabloids before ever being tried, before ever reviewing evidence, or interviewing other suspects, and John lost his business. This is why they wrote the book and did interviews.
As far as dressing up little girls, I loved to play dress-up when I was little. And always watched Miss America Pagents and would pretend to be in a contestant. With Patsy and her sister
being in pagents, it was a natural hobby for a little girl who was out-going and talented. An excellent venue for developing talent, poise, confidence, and a future Miss America.
And destroying self esteem and distorting a little girls self image and contributing to eating disorders and psychological problems and making mommy feel pretty, important and special and....
Dress up is one thing but looking like little prostitutes is another. You need your head examined and billions of people would agree. Your passing you psychological problems on to your child. When people see these pageant they are looking in disgust and not admiration. Preparing a child for the future miss america at such an early age. What are you thinking? We are thinking crazy and messed up. What ever happened to doctor,nurses, lawyers, or something your children can actually be proud of. By the way, statistically, its usually someone in the childs house that commits the crime.
redneck

Trenton, OH

#33 May 5, 2006
I believe John the pedophile did it and the wife knows. I hope she reads this and knows she will go to hell, if it exits.
DEB

AOL

#34 May 5, 2006
Why would a financial manager kill a child for Ramsey's $118,000 when he could embezzle and probably not get caught. I don't think it was a pedophile either. It was someone who hated John and wanted to get even for something. I think Merrick is a good suspect.
DEB

AOL

#35 May 5, 2006
And I am sure the financial manager made a lot more money off of John per year than $118,000.
Autumn

AOL

#40 May 10, 2006
Having to say "you're not the only fat cat around" implies that the writer considers himself a fat cat although John doesn't consider him one, it also doesn't mention the Atlanta Fat Cats specifically... Rod is a recognized Fat Cat here in Atlanta, so there would be no reason for him to make that statement to John of all people..... There is also a recognized group of Fat cats in every well developed city in America, which just means people of power, wealth and control.
The fact that a ransom note was left in the house with the body of the murdered kidnap victim sends a very clear message. Money can't buy everything........
This person made John feel helpless, all that money to buy anything he wanted, a small ransom request which brought John immediate relief, because he knew he could pay it, but the child was probably already dead when the note was found. So no matter what happened John could not control the outcome, the killer was always in control even though he made an effort to make it very clear in the note that it was up to John to control the outcome. He let John think he was in control all along, knowing that when they found the body and did the autopsy John would know that JonBenet was already dead before he got the ransom note and that all his hopes and efforts for getting JonBenet back safe had been for nothing, because she was already dead. The pineapple is a solid clue and has helped determined time of death as being before the note was found. Which is probably why the bowl was left out for everyone to see. This person wanted John to know that he was in control of everything all along. If the crime scene pointed in one direction, I would have a different opinion of the parents, but the crime scene points everywhere like a game or movie. It could have been staged just to play with John, but then I think, a sexual sadist would most likely consider himself a person of power and control, but then again the sexual assault seems staged too, so that makes me wonder if the sexual assault could have just happened out of curiosity.
The ransom note among other things makes it seem like the offender could be female and yet the DNA {so far} belongs to an unknown male that makes me wonder if the offender could be homosexual or could he just be young and sexually inexperienced....
I do think it was the first time this offender killed a person, although I wouldn't rule out animals. I also think this person will eventually {if he hasn't already} kill again....
DEB

AOL

#42 May 10, 2006
Autumn wrote:
Having to say "you're not the only fat cat around" implies that the writer considers himself a fat cat although John doesn't consider him one, it also doesn't mention the Atlanta Fat Cats specifically... Rod is a recognized Fat Cat here in Atlanta, so there would be no reason for him to make that statement to John of all people..... There is also a recognized group of Fat cats in every well developed city in America, which just means people of power, wealth and control.
The fact that a ransom note was left in the house with the body of the murdered kidnap victim sends a very clear message. Money can't buy everything........
This person made John feel helpless, all that money to buy anything he wanted, a small ransom request which brought John immediate relief, because he knew he could pay it, but the child was probably already dead when the note was found. So no matter what happened John could not control the outcome, the killer was always in control even though he made an effort to make it very clear in the note that it was up to John to control the outcome. He let John think he was in control all along, knowing that when they found the body and did the autopsy John would know that JonBenet was already dead before he got the ransom note and that all his hopes and efforts for getting JonBenet back safe had been for nothing, because she was already dead. The pineapple is a solid clue and has helped determined time of death as being before the note was found. Which is probably why the bowl was left out for everyone to see. This person wanted John to know that he was in control of everything all along. If the crime scene pointed in one direction, I would have a different opinion of the parents, but the crime scene points everywhere like a game or movie. It could have been staged just to play with John, but then I think, a sexual sadist would most likely consider himself a person of power and control, but then again the sexual assault seems staged too, so that makes me wonder if the sexual assault could have just happened out of curiosity.
The ransom note among other things makes it seem like the offender could be female and yet the DNA {so far} belongs to an unknown male that makes me wonder if the offender could be homosexual or could he just be young and sexually inexperienced....
I do think it was the first time this offender killed a person, although I wouldn't rule out animals. I also think this person will eventually {if he hasn't already} kill again....
Very interesting! Revenge, not sexual molestation, seems to be why
the murder was committed.
Knock Knock

Garden Grove, CA

#43 May 10, 2006
Everyone keeps saying "HE".

Where does anything official say that a male indivdual did this?

I mean at one time they were saying his WIFE DID IT because she was jealous of her daughter..

It doesn't take a MAN to carry a little girl (if she was carried), or to tape her hands and feet up!! Just wanted to add this point as I would say the PERSON responsible did these things!!!

But whoever did it, will NEVER be caught, as the evidence and crime scene were sooooo messed up, there was and is too much evidence that has been tampered!!!! And why he ever moved her body is still one question today that hasn't made any sense. But everyone has their own ideas and comments about that.

I just wanted to ask why everyone keeps saying a MAN did it???
I mean a woman could of!
Two or more women could of!
A man could of!
I mean you could even say a Midget (or little person) could of!!

Anyway just wanted to give my opinion. Just like all of yours, it's just what I think about.
DEB

AOL

#44 May 10, 2006
to justwatching,

what do you think about Judith Phillips & Tom Carson?
Is there any info anywhere re Tom Carson?
Autumn

AOL

#45 May 10, 2006
Knock Knock wrote:
Everyone keeps saying "HE".
Where does anything official say that a male indivdual did this?
I mean at one time they were saying his WIFE DID IT because she was jealous of her daughter..
It doesn't take a MAN to carry a little girl (if she was carried), or to tape her hands and feet up!! Just wanted to add this point as I would say the PERSON responsible did these things!!!
But whoever did it, will NEVER be caught, as the evidence and crime scene were sooooo messed up, there was and is too much evidence that has been tampered!!!! And why he ever moved her body is still one question today that hasn't made any sense. But everyone has their own ideas and comments about that.
I just wanted to ask why everyone keeps saying a MAN did it???
I mean a woman could of!
Two or more women could of!
A man could of!
I mean you could even say a Midget (or little person) could of!!
Anyway just wanted to give my opinion. Just like all of yours, it's just what I think about.
For me it's just easier to just say he instead of he, she or them, also until the unknown male DNA is identified and explained. I will continue to think that he who left it is the killer...
Autumn

AOL

#46 May 10, 2006
First of all I'd like to say again the ransom note DID NOT say "Atlanta" fat cats it said " you are not the only fat cat around" Just Fat Cat NO Atlanta fat cats. The writer could have meant the Chicago fat cats or the New York fat cats for that matter. Fat cats is a term used to describe the wealthy powerful men that can and do have some control over a cities political outcome based on the money they funnel into specific campaign funds. The fact that John Ramsey thought of the Atlanta fat cats right away is because he was familiar with the term fat cats from his circle of friends in Atlanta. It does not mean that the writer knew about the specific circle of men called the Atlanta fat cats. It could just mean that the writer thought John was a fat cat meaning he was wealthy and powerful and used to being in control. If you have anything other than speculation about Rod I'd be glad to hear it, but all you have done is speculate on his guilt based on your personal beliefs. If the investigators are so impressed with your theory then why haven't they acted on it? Is it because there is NO evidence to support it? I think so... I am not a personal advocate for Rod or any other Fat cat, but I do have a problem with people who judge people guilty and expect others to take their word for it without putting the evidence they say they have on the table...... What you have posted is not evidence of anything, except that you have an opinion about who killed JB that is different than everyone else's. Just because I have a different opinion and think that your suspect is innocent and being slandered by you doesn't mean I haven't read your posts. I would also like to know where the other clues found at the crime scene fit with your Rod is a serial killer theory....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 19
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Boulder Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Students hack into school system, change grades (Apr '07) Dec 12 Orie j 754
Don't Change CO Into The Place You Just Left !! Dec 10 URnutz 2
News JonBenet Ramsey: Twenty Years of Plot Twists in... (Dec '16) Dec 10 BrotherMoon 17
Longmont Music Thread (May '17) Nov '18 Musikologist 2
What is the Secret White House Waiver that was ... Nov '18 Sean 1
What REALLY happened to Evans Sussman? (Dec '12) Oct '18 seeking justice 5
Louisville Music Thread (Apr '17) Oct '18 Musikologist 4

Boulder Jobs

Personal Finance

Boulder Mortgages