Bianchi: Pittsfield's downtown wins c...

Bianchi: Pittsfield's downtown wins coveted cultural district designation

There are 11 comments on the Berkshire Eagle story from Mar 20, 2012, titled Bianchi: Pittsfield's downtown wins coveted cultural district designation. In it, Berkshire Eagle reports that:

Pittsfield's downtown has won the state's designation as a Cultural District, opening up the area to showcase its creative arts and business scene to visitors and residents with help from the Massachusetts Cultural Council.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Berkshire Eagle.

yippee

Cummington, MA

#1 Mar 20, 2012
I'd say the credit goes to Ruberto, he did the work and took the crap for it. hate to see credit going where it's not due.
Jonathan Melle

Amherst, NH

#2 Mar 20, 2012
North Street is the place to avoid. It is full of social service agencies and people with social problems, such as teen pregnancies and welfare caseloads. Pittsfield spent millions of taxpayer dollars on North Street.
failure time

North Adams, MA

#3 Mar 20, 2012
Jonathan Melle wrote:
North Street is the place to avoid. It is full of social service agencies and people with social problems, such as teen pregnancies and welfare caseloads. Pittsfield spent millions of taxpayer dollars on North Street.
Social problems like you have?
unbelievable

Cummington, MA

#4 Mar 22, 2012
Amazing taking credit for something you voted against so many times! just sayin'
Lothrop is a MONSTER

United States

#5 Mar 22, 2012
Jonathan Melle wrote:
And don't leave out that courthouse of MONSTERS on the corner of North and Eagle st.
Joey Bullcrap

Troy, NY

#6 Mar 22, 2012
yippee wrote:
I'd say the credit goes to Ruberto, he did the work and took the crap for it. hate to see credit going where it's not due.
I would consider where the "coveted cultural district designation" award comes from. Ruberto can have it...his friends are awarding it. but his biggest award was all the money that spun off in so many directions from the bloated budget...oh my!
cil

Dalton, MA

#7 Mar 22, 2012
add to the list people in power wheelchairs
suboxone clinic

South Windsor, CT

#8 Mar 23, 2012
Jonathan Melle wrote:
So another suboxone clinic would fit right in. On third Thursday's they could have a table on the street to distribute information on the dangers of illegal drug use. I attended one third Thursday last years and was not impressed by the class of attendees of third Thursday and didn't go back for a second third Thursday.
surprised

United States

#9 Mar 23, 2012
suboxone clinic wrote:
<quoted text>So another suboxone clinic would fit right in. On third Thursday's they could have a table on the street to distribute information on the dangers of illegal drug use. I attended one third Thursday last years and was not impressed by the class of attendees of third Thursday and didn't go back for a second third Thursday.
I hear what you're saying, but you couldn't have really been that surprised by the people who were at Third Thursday. It's within walking distance to some of the toughest neighborhoods etc. I've been to Third Thursday, where it's not the greatest, I've been pleased with it, I certainly have never felt unsafe for me or my children at it either. At least it's an effort and something to do with the family for a few hours. I understand where you're coming from but don't think it's that bad considering.
suboxone clinic

South Windsor, CT

#10 Mar 23, 2012
Well I guess considering it's Pittsfield a city where MicHELL Wynn can get away with being police chief.
surprised

United States

#11 Mar 23, 2012
suboxone clinic wrote:
Well I guess considering it's Pittsfield a city where MicHELL Wynn can get away with being police chief.
I don't get what that has to do with who comes to Third Thursday? Again, I totally understand where you're coming from but I'm failing to make the connection. You can't stop people from going to the event unless they're doing something that requires them to be removed lol.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beacon Hill Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Immigrants vital to Boston's history May 20 Welcome wagon 30
News Massachusetts Democrats waging resistance to Pr... May 18 Bad to worse 109
News 1,500 immigrants and allies advocate for their ... Apr '17 Defeat Elizabeth ... 3
News Dropkick Murphys and Rancid set for July concer... Mar '17 West Coast Alert 1
News This college student teaches philosophy to home... Mar '17 Lucky you 2
News Freedom Trail celebrates Black History Month wi... Mar '17 Good ol boy Jeff 2
News Wong to DeLeo: City will take slots - Sentinel ... (Jul '10) Feb '17 Twelve angry men 12

Beacon Hill Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Beacon Hill Mortgages