Couple sued over sign

Couple sued over sign

There are 4 comments on the The Privatopia Papers story from Jul 23, 2011, titled Couple sued over sign. In it, The Privatopia Papers reports that:

BOSSIER CITY, La. - A south Bossier City homeowners association has sued to force a family to remove a front yard sign supporting their son's military service because it violated subdivision covenants.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Privatopia Papers.

Ranger Roach

Romulus, MI

#1 Jul 25, 2011
I am looking for contact information for the Burr family... I would like to contribute to a legal fund to support them in this cause... [email protected]
Outside of Gold Limits

United States

#2 Aug 8, 2011
Have you contacted them yet?
KajunBabyGirl

Detroit, MI

#3 Aug 12, 2011
Outside of Gold Limits wrote:
Have you contacted them yet?
Please give us a link to help support The Burr's legal defense. We would also like to tell them that we support and back them 100%.

This is to the person that had the gall to say "Take it down, it goes against the by-laws in the HOA."
Well, to you I say in reply:
notinchicago wrote:
Take the sign down! Your neighbors don't appreciate it and it violates the HOA rules!!!
Sure - they should take the sign down...with one stipulation! They should take the sign down when you carry your behind over to Afghanistan or Iraq - to fight insurgents - like the Taliban, dodge IED's daily & run sweeps through some of the villages...never knowing who is friend or foe. YOU GO TAKE THEIR SON'S PLACE...and I'm more than sure that they'll comply with you and your idiotic HOA and take the sign down. Instead of fighting to have the sign removed your subdivision should be proud to say that you have a young man fighting for his country.
If you had one ounce of patriotism - you'd put a sign in your yard, thanking this young man for his service and affording you the ability of sitting in your comfy little house with all of it's amenities....including your self serving HOA. If you and your HOA had hearts, pride in your country and appreciated every minute with your loved ones - you'd remember that this young man is putting his life on the line to keep unappreciative ingrates like you free. Get a life and a cause worth fighting for! IN FACT, WHY DON'T YOU ATTEND THE FUNERALS OF THE TWO SHREVEPORT NAVY SEALS...LOOK THEIR PARENTS SQUARE IN THE EYES AND TELL THEM THAT YOU ARE SORRY FOR THEIR LOSS BUT YOUR HOA DOESN'T ALLOW SIGNS OR BANNERS - STATING THE NEIGHBORHOOD'S PRIDE IN IT'S YOUNG MEN SERVING!
You're a sad, sad example of an American! You make me sick to my stomach but you EMBARRASS me MORE, JUST BY KNOWING THERE ARE AMERICAN'S LIKE YOU!
Why don't you take up the cause of enforcing the pet leash law....
Outside of Gold Limits

United States

#4 Aug 14, 2011
The best way is on Facebook, here's the link for that

http://www.facebook.com/pages/We-Support-LCpl...

They have had a lot of idiots coming out of the woodwork but there are lots more supporters than not.

Thank you Kajun!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bossier City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Organized Stalking By Freemason Cops/Fireman an... (Jan '11) Apr 21 Truth 31
Clifton Fairbanks Apr 19 Curious 1
Rutherford House Apr 17 Iwanttoknow 1
dumpster diving in alexandria Apr 12 AmberG81 2
got away with murder (Dec '15) Apr 7 LegalEagle 16
robert martin (Jan '14) Apr 4 just.trying.to.help 2
News Guest editorial: Support the I-49 inner-city co... (Feb '16) Jan '17 AllendaleStrong 3

Bossier City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bossier City Mortgages