911 dispatch center faces budget shor...

911 dispatch center faces budget shortfall

There are 26 comments on the KOB.com Eyewitness News 4 - New Mexico story from Feb 23, 2009, titled 911 dispatch center faces budget shortfall. In it, KOB.com Eyewitness News 4 - New Mexico reports that:

Valencia County's 911 Dispatch Center may have to start laying off operators if the county doesn't pay down its debt.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KOB.com Eyewitness News 4 - New Mexico.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
unknown

Albuquerque, NM

#21 Mar 15, 2009
ahhh... the finger pointing of blame in valencia county. no wonder crime is at an all time high, even dispatch and the cops can not get along to perform one job for the public
Rick

Meridian, ID

#22 Mar 15, 2009
Dialling 911 and getting no answer, or a recording, during a life-or-death emergency is something I know I would never get over.

Based on the article, it sounds like the person in charge does not have the background to both run such a critical department and handle a budget. It's a huge job, but there are people capable of handling it.
unknown

Albuquerque, NM

#23 Mar 17, 2009
Rick wrote:
Dialling 911 and getting no answer, or a recording, during a life-or-death emergency is something I know I would never get over.
Its not so much getting someone to answer the phones, its the attitude,refusal to dispatch and hate for the public and many of the officers by the "children" of the dispatch center.

If you have a police scanner listen to bosque farms, los lunas, belen or vcso to the laughing and side comments in the background they make about the public.( they do not think the public can hear them ). The director has nothing else focused in her life but getting her hands on the hospital money.
tru enough

Albuquerque, NM

#24 Mar 22, 2009
zzz wrote:
<quoted text>
maybe i happen to work with one of the police departments and know A LOT more than you and the dirty deals going on that the media will not tell the public.
get them zzz come fouth and be heard...
tru enough

Albuquerque, NM

#25 Mar 22, 2009
every one should tell thier county commissioner to listen to dispatch at night. then the citizens of thier district, then decide on the money.
Dangerous

Los Lunas, NM

#26 Mar 22, 2009
Know of what you speak before you open your big ole trap! You people that listen to scanners, first, need to get a life because there is a whole world going and you are not part of it...and second, people with scanners pose a DANGER to the safety of all EMS personnel. So, to you dumb***** that listen to scanners. GET REAL!!!!!!!!
unknown wrote:
<quoted text>

Its not so much getting someone to answer the phones, its the attitude,refusal to dispatch and hate for the public and many of the officers by the "children" of the dispatch center.
If you have a police scanner listen to bosque farms, los lunas, belen or vcso to the laughing and side comments in the background they make about the public.( they do not think the public can hear them ). The director has nothing else focused in her life but getting her hands on the hospital money.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bosque Farms Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Baby drowns in tub (Aug '09) Feb 21 Darlene 65
Starbucks in Los Lunas "Warning about a Golddig... Jan 31 George Hauns 1
News GE to close South Valley plant (Sep '09) Jan '17 geoff 52
News Facebook chooses New Mexico for new data center... Dec '16 Aimee Hall 2
Los Chavez Tweakers Dec '16 Bobby 1
Review: Great Clips LL (Dec '12) Dec '16 Gom 3
News Albuquerque lawyer receives racist hate mail Nov '16 Hot or not 3

Bosque Farms Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance