911 dispatch center faces budget shor...

911 dispatch center faces budget shortfall

There are 26 comments on the KOB.com Eyewitness News 4 - New Mexico story from Feb 23, 2009, titled 911 dispatch center faces budget shortfall. In it, KOB.com Eyewitness News 4 - New Mexico reports that:

Valencia County's 911 Dispatch Center may have to start laying off operators if the county doesn't pay down its debt.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KOB.com Eyewitness News 4 - New Mexico.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
DEL

Meridian, ID

#1 Feb 23, 2009
I could see that the county may have miised it. But it was the state that manadated the 911 centers. The state made it so there was only one per county. Why didn't the state catch it when it approved the county's budget.

Since: Dec 08

Seoul, Korea

#2 Feb 23, 2009
This type of service is needed now more than ever...this does come at a bad time as Valenica County is growing along with the increased challenges...If I were living there I would volunteer to assist in this manning (Once retrained and certified)...to stay current and meet state mandates.
Concerned Citizen

Los Lunas, NM

#3 Feb 23, 2009
Ok, are the county commissioners crazy? Give me a break. I read the article in the news bulletin that came out on Saturday, did I understand that the ambulance service is not paying a dime into the 911 center? What the heck is that about? Open up your checkbook and start writing county commissioners. I think it would be cheaper to write a check to 911 than to write a check for a lawsuit, it's gonna happen you watch....Hey, why does the Sherriff have brand new trucks? Why can't you guys take the money away from him? Hey, don't some of his people live in Albquerque? I'm sure the upkeep on the vehicles those people drive back and forth is costing citizens in teh county a lot of money. Maybe the Sherriff can sell those cars and new trucks and the 911 center can have that money? Sounds like a good idea to me!!!!!!!!
unknown

Albuquerque, NM

#4 Feb 24, 2009
davesam55 wrote:
If I were living there I would volunteer to assist in this manning (Once retrained and certified)...to stay current and meet state mandates.
they would not allow anything like that... then the citizen would really knows what goes on in the county and all the dirty little deals. This is all just smoke and mirrors for the dispatch center to want some of the illegal hospital money so the director can give herself a big bonus and pay raise.

now watch all the operators from the call center log into topix ( on duty using county computers ) to stir up trouble, always happens...
SmokeEater

AOL

#5 Feb 24, 2009
The most important part of Public Safety and they are talking about laying off Operators. They got to be kidding.
ElCh3

Albuquerque, NM

#6 Feb 24, 2009
This is bullshit what is the world coming to?? I live in Los Lunas and I know people up there think that since they are pretty much in the middle of no where (meadowlake) they can get away with a lot of crap. A whole bunch of people have a bunch of emergencies up there because of all those little bitch gangsters who think they can take over the world! 911 needs to be available for those people...
Ret-Cop

United States

#7 Feb 24, 2009
This is like having heart trouble and buying dinner at Red Lobster instead of medication.
Thinker

Albuquerque, NM

#8 Feb 24, 2009
I can see it business as usual in New Mexico. Instead of cutting big county salaries, laying of 911 operators is the answer. This is simply a bid to create a crisis, they will increase taxes or procure more state money, while the big shots keep their salaries. I'm getting sick of this game of blackmail brought on by "our" government.

Since: Jan 09

Huntsville, AL

#9 Feb 24, 2009
Thinker wrote:
. I'm getting sick of this game of blackmail brought on by "our" government.
Me TOO.....
Gamma B

Las Vegas, NV

#10 Feb 24, 2009
Seems to me the director of this center needs to pull her head out & pay attention to what is really going on here...wake up and get to know the in's & out of running a true dispatch center. She's been in Torrance Co and now Valencia Co..2 of the poorest counties in NM...Maybe a tour of a "real" communications center, such as San Juan County or Las Cruces, should have been part of her research so she would know how to better handle this situation.
mee

Albuquerque, NM

#11 Feb 24, 2009
Gamma B wrote:
Seems to me the director of this center needs to pull her head out & pay attention to what is really going on here
watley is only in it for the money and how much she can suck out of it before being asked to resign....again like in torrance county
Just me

Edgewood, NM

#12 Feb 24, 2009
Hmmmm....so I guess the last two comments weren't at all personal attacks on the director, huh?

That would be the same director who was the state 911 director of the year a few years back.

And the same director who was actively recruited by Valencia County to act as a consultant when the state said they had to have a regional dispatch center.

And the same director who - when Bosque Farms couldn't get appropriate communications service locally - took on the task of providing service to that small community for more than two years.

I don't suppose it much matters that the problem is that Valencia County hasn't paid the bill, right? I suppose that is probably the 911 director's fault about that, too??

Curious where you got the idea she was asked to resign in Torrance - when exactly the opposite occurred.

Your version is so much more entertaining, though.

Oh - and you spelled Whatley wrong, Einstein.
TJM

Edgewood, NM

#13 Feb 24, 2009
davesam55 wrote:
This type of service is needed now more than ever...this does come at a bad time as Valenica County is growing along with the increased challenges...If I were living there I would volunteer to assist in this manning (Once retrained and certified)...to stay current and meet state mandates.
I worked for this 911 director in Torrance County and would do it again - if I still had the certs and didn't have to drive so far!

Since: Dec 08

Seoul, Korea

#14 Feb 24, 2009
TJM wrote:
<quoted text>
I worked for this 911 director in Torrance County and would do it again - if I still had the certs and didn't have to drive so far!
From here 10,000 miles is quite an adventure.
zzz

Albuquerque, NM

#15 Feb 25, 2009
TJM wrote:
<quoted text>
two dispatch operators ( or the same one) using the county computers ( which we pay for, notive from the edgewood access ports ) to spew garbage in defense on here. Like i said in the post above. it always happens.. I thought the county commission was suppose to look into the abuse of county internet access and misuse of computers but then again this is valencia county. Nothing ever changes for the better
TJM

AOL

#16 Feb 26, 2009
Actually, while I DO work for "A" county - it isn't Valencia and I am using my home computer. What is really strange is that I am not even in Edgewood - although for some reason it shows that - but am in Estancia. I am not a registered user on the Topix site and don't know if it just picks up the closest access port since I have wireless internet here at the house.
r u kidding

Lovelock, NV

#17 Feb 26, 2009
ZZZ honey are you bitter? Did this director fire you for misconduct or something? Just wondering because the budget shortfall was not her problem, Valencia County did not pay the bill sounds like you are just looking for a reason to make a personall attack on someone! "Bitter party of one, your potties ready"
zzz

Albuquerque, NM

#18 Mar 9, 2009
r u kidding wrote:
ZZZ honey are you bitter? Did this director fire you for misconduct or something? Just wondering because the budget shortfall was not her problem, Valencia County did not pay the bill sounds like you are just looking for a reason to make a personall attack on someone! "Bitter party of one, your potties ready"
maybe i happen to work with one of the police departments and know A LOT more than you and the dirty deals going on that the media will not tell the public.
r u kidding

United States

#19 Mar 9, 2009
Oh you work for a police department, that explains your bitterness......that I suppose would also explain your know it all about everything (NOTHING) attitude!!! Best of luck to you, you sad sad little person.
KLee

Edgewood, NM

#20 Mar 10, 2009
zzz...let's see...if you worked for the Bosque Farms PD, you would know that your current director practically kissed your department's collective butts when Torrance County was dispatching for you. You might have been one of the demanding officers who thought that Bosque Farms was more important than all of the municipalities we already dispatched for in our own county.(Not saying it wasn't important to serve BF residents with appropriate emergency communications services - but it was kind of hard when some of the royal officers demanded that everything be dropped (even in the middle of a SWAT situation) so that they could run traffic.

Maybe you used to be one of the dispatchers in VC? Or one who went from TC to VC?

I think "r u kidding" had it right earlier...

"bitter, party of one...."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bosque Farms Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dennis Chavez elementary Mar '18 Rju3 1
Starbucks in Los Lunas "Warning about a Golddig... (Jan '17) Feb '18 Autozone Employee 15
News Prisoner in Los Lunas dies, cause to be determined (Jan '13) Dec '17 Mazie320 3
News Teen duo accused of vandalizing Albuquerque ele... Nov '17 Busting Butt 2
News Man arrested for inappropriately touching girls... Nov '17 wowed 13
News Photo Story: Muertos y Marigolds brightens the ... Nov '17 LuzAranda 1
News Piedra gets 5 1/2 years (Mar '11) Oct '17 PullDaCovers 45

Bosque Farms Jobs

Personal Finance

Bosque Farms Mortgages