Another Bosque Farms officer arrested

Another Bosque Farms officer arrested

There are 64 comments on the KOB.com Eyewitness News 4 - New Mexico story from Sep 14, 2009, titled Another Bosque Farms officer arrested. In it, KOB.com Eyewitness News 4 - New Mexico reports that:

Another officer from the small police department in Bosque Farms is in trouble. Officer John Valdez is one of 13 cops working in Bosque Farms, just south of Albuquerque.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KOB.com Eyewitness News 4 - New Mexico.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Rocket Scientist

Las Cruces, NM

#1 Sep 14, 2009
...so much for great background/reference check process at Bosque Farms.

14K in back child support... musta not cared about his children.

Or his job.

Or the Judge.
Rob N

Gulfport, MS

#2 Sep 14, 2009
BF!!!!!!!!!! You folks need to take a hrad look at your hiring authorities and their hiring practi=ces....even a cursory check would reveal all of this crap...or is that ville that desperate for manpower?
Lead Me 2 the Intl Dist

Florence, AL

#3 Sep 14, 2009
Pay more and you will get good people. You people (and ABQ) cannot have it both ways.
Westgate Lifer

Florence, AL

#4 Sep 14, 2009
What is BF? Boyfriend? Kind of like DH for hubby?
TEGO

Albuquerque, NM

#5 Sep 14, 2009
ok... This is beginning to turn into a made for tv movie... ANOTHER former APD clown is hired by bosque farms PD. Now. I'm not saying that APD has clowns.. A lot of the officers are great at what they do. It's just the clowns that dont or cant make it as a professional go on to create problems and make a laughing stock of the departments that hire them, Bernalillo, Bosque farms...Lets see now.. I wager that now BCSO, Valencia county or maybe even the State Police will now have a few roaches come out of the woodwork. Watch and lets see what happens. It seems like LE is going down the tubes with all these roaches being hired as officers after being told to resign or be fired.
Editor

Bernalillo, NM

#6 Sep 14, 2009
Westgate Lifer wrote:
What is BF? Boyfriend? Kind of like DH for hubby?
Duh!! You ARE from Westgate. BF. hmmm, let's see, what town is this story about? Could BF possibly mean Bosque Farms? Hello!!
FYI 2

AOL

#7 Sep 14, 2009
This is the officer that was stabbed back on July 22nd. He was fired from Sandoval County and then from Corrales Police Department. Obviously no one check his credentials after he quit from APD. Howcome the Licensing Board has not voided his law enforcement license? He issues bad checks, steals from the evidence room, he has been served with restraining orders and he is absolutely untouchable!
How many times has this CLOWN been married? I heard four times... I hope they all collect their child support payments.

I feel bad for all the ladies that is trying to pick up while on duty. He was still driving Bosque Farms unit with a Felony Warrant. Way 2 go Stidham... The warrant was posted in the Sherriff's warrant and fugitive website. Another liar for you!
OH Boy

AOL

#8 Sep 14, 2009
Two suspects are on the run Wednesday after stabbing an off-duty Bosque Farms officer on his morning run.

The officer, 36-year-old John Valdez, was on his cooled walk after his jog at about 8 Wednesday morning. He says a car drove up behind him and a passenger attacked.

Police say an early 2000s model Chevy Impala pulled up behind the officer and the passenger leaned out the window and stuck a shank-like object with a screwdriver handle into the officer's back.

Valdez was left lying along the road, but he was alert enough to get a description and call it in, says Bosque Farms Police Chief Joe Stidham.

"He was heads up enough to get a great description, in my opinion, for having just been stabbed in the back with an object, not knowing what's going on. You're on the side of the road on a ditch bank by yourself. He got a great description that he was able to pass along to us," he said.

The chief says Valdez was also smart enough not to pull the weapon out of his back.

Stidham says he was on his way to the office when he got the call.

"I didn't know the severity of the injury, just that he'd been stabbed with some type of blunt object, so I was just trying to get back to the hospital as fast as I could," he said.

The suspects' Impala is painted in a black primer. It has tinted windows and temporary tags.

The suspects are described as Hispanic males with shaved heads. The suspected stabber has a "13" tattooed on the back of his head.

Police say different gangs use the number 13 and it is not clear which gang the suspect may belong to.

State police combed the area for witnesses. They also used a helicopter to search the area.

"We're going to work with probation and parole, we're going to work with the gang task force to see if we can identify who the passenger was, possibly link him to the driver and the vehicle," said Lt. Eric Garcia of the New Mexico State Police.

Police say Valdez wasn't wearing anything that would identify him as a cop, so it isn't clear if he was targeted or this was a random act of violence.

Valdez was taken to UNM Hospital with the weapon still in his back. He was listed in stable condition with non-life threatening injuries.

Maybe he is playing with the wrong crowd.
Taz

AOL

#9 Sep 14, 2009
He quit so he was not FIRED so he could keep his law credentials and could go work for another PD department and try to save some thread of credibility-Hmm fired from Corrales also, Not hired in Cuba, then picked up in Bosque Farms. HELLO are you that ignorant? Let's support those officers that are honorable and deserve RESPECT because they are putting their lives on the line, not waste our time defending officers that are questionable, even though I admit that no one regardless deserves to be stabbed or hurt.
davesam55

Korea

#12 Sep 15, 2009
Every agency has it's outstanding folks, medium folks, folks that follow (What's in it for me=WIIFM) borrowed term here. And folks who changed after or before probationary status was up, or slipped in. There are differences in resigned VS Fired for cause. Also convicted, no contest, vs charged.

These are the boards rules NM by legislation-law that actions fall under see (B):

Brady act, 18 USCA {922}
NMSA 29-7-13. Refusal, suspension or revocation of certification.
A. After consultation with the employing agency, the board may refuse to issue, or may suspend or revoke a police officer's certification when the board determines that a person has:

(1) failed to satisfy the qualifications for certification, set forth in Section 29-7-6 NMSA 1978;
(2) committed acts that constitute dishonesty or fraud;
(3) been convicted of, pled guilty to or entered a plea of no contest to:
(a) any felony charge; or
(b) any violation of federal or state law or a local ordinance relating to aggravated assault, theft, driving while under the influence of intoxicating liquor or drugs, controlled substances or any law or ordinance involving moral turpitude;
(4) knowingly made any false statement in his application for certification.

B. The board shall develop, adopt and promulgate administrative procedures for suspension or revocation of a police officer's certification that include notice and an opportunity for the affected police officer to be heard as well as procedures for review of the board's decision. 1978.
Editor

Bernalillo, NM

#13 Sep 15, 2009
WSL wrote:
That's for West Side Locos, EDITOR. Not all people from the westside are stupid, but tell you what, an editor who whines like that needs more cheese for your rat like existence. I'm with Taz, let's support these officers, they have a very hard job, less friends, and try to keep professional, but let's keep in mind they get ballistic and power hungry like a petty editor's ignorant response! Off subject, but last of all, two (educated) local bank managers complained how stupid New Mexicans are! Wow, isn't that like that stupid editor making a ignorant response in lieu of education. I almost agree with the bank manager about New Mexicans, just not about the home grown New Mexicans; only the transplants, or newly migrated non New Mexicans. Get a better job editor, quit showing us your wit, you twit. And quit moving to New Mexico where you're too stupid to know how to live and conserve water!
Editor, did you stand up and prevent the new spaceport and liquid hydrogen/oxygen plant which might and could kill the New Mexican desert, including one of the top ten endangered rivers of the world? No one did, because they were paid off, like you editor, student loans, a great education and you're still stupid. By the way, Peruvians made water run uphill, while every smart university teaches it's scientifically impossible? Guess this idiot from the west side is smarter than most professors who don't care enough to teach the truth. editor, Shoot yourself, the world's IQ will increase!
DID I MENTION I'M FROM THE WESTSIDE? AND I'M A NEW MEXICAN, INCLUDING SOMEWHAT OF A MEXICAN, LATINO, HISPANIC, SPANISH, WHATEVER TERM OF ENDEARMENT YOU CREATED THIS WEEK WITH THE OXFORD DICKSHUNARY!
And this is what a hissy fit looks like on the Internet. Poor WSL... Thanks. That was mildly entertaining.

“NM Desert Rat”

Since: Mar 08

Elephant Butte, N.M.

#14 Sep 15, 2009
A warrant for a person's arrest is just that. It should not make a difference that he is a police officer. Double standard here?
maybe just maybe

United States

#15 Sep 15, 2009
D.B.O. or D.B.F. either way valdez is a loser for not paying his child support.
hey westgater they stand for deadbeat officer or deadbeat father
Odis

Albuquerque, NM

#16 Sep 15, 2009
Ah yes - another of our finest!:)
GOOD GRIEF

AOL

#17 Sep 15, 2009
I had a big problem with Valdez's "stabbing story". It just didn't ring true he was able to get a good enough look at the driver's head to see a # 13 on it as the car sped off. I feel strongly Valdez knew his attackers' & for some reason is protecting them. He is far from being an honorable man.

`That the Bosque Farms PD chief protected this dead beat dad from the arrest warrant does not speak well of him or the department he's running.
Concerned Citizen

Albuquerque, NM

#18 Sep 15, 2009
davesam55 wrote:
Every agency has it's outstanding folks, medium folks, folks that follow (What's in it for me=WIIFM) borrowed term here. And folks who changed after or before probationary status was up, or slipped in. There are differences in resigned VS Fired for cause. Also convicted, no contest, vs charged.
These are the boards rules NM by legislation-law that actions fall under see (B):
Brady act, 18 USCA {922}
NMSA 29-7-13. Refusal, suspension or revocation of certification.
A. After consultation with the employing agency, the board may refuse to issue, or may suspend or revoke a police officer's certification when the board determines that a person has:
(1) failed to satisfy the qualifications for certification, set forth in Section 29-7-6 NMSA 1978;
(2) committed acts that constitute dishonesty or fraud;
(3) been convicted of, pled guilty to or entered a plea of no contest to:
(a) any felony charge; or
(b) any violation of federal or state law or a local ordinance relating to aggravated assault, theft, driving while under the influence of intoxicating liquor or drugs, controlled substances or any law or ordinance involving moral turpitude;
(4) knowingly made any false statement in his application for certification.
B. The board shall develop, adopt and promulgate administrative procedures for suspension or revocation of a police officer's certification that include notice and an opportunity for the affected police officer to be heard as well as procedures for review of the board's decision. 1978.
I think that Officer Valdez meets qualifications #2 and #4 both in his previous indictment that was "dismissed" because he did indeed forge documents and if you research this case I found out that he has been in contempt of court on this case three previous times and has numerous other cases against him for collections...Bosque Farms just did not do a good background check and his credentials need to be pulled to protect the public and to honor those officers that do put their lives on the line everyday to protect us and Chief Stidham should be answering some tough questions now on WHY he gave preferential treatment when the warrant was active on 9/10/09 when signed by a Judge. Chief Stidham is to uphold and enforce the law, not be the Judge and the Jury too.
Hardy Boys

United States

#19 Sep 15, 2009
How funny this idiot turned himself in. He shouldn't have because being a cop they wouldn't have done anything anyway.
Spread the Pain

Tijeras, NM

#20 Sep 15, 2009
I agree with TEGO, look at LLPD they have some of those clowns that were rejected by APD on their force. I would like to see legislation to mandate background checks for all police officers on a regular basis, maybe make it part of their performance reviews, that is if they do any performance reviews. Just thinking of public safety and trust.
Editor

Albuquerque, NM

#21 Sep 15, 2009
Hardy Boys wrote:
How funny this idiot turned himself in. He shouldn't have because being a cop they wouldn't have done anything anyway.
You must be a dead beat dad also-A Felony Warrant was out for his arrest-Get a clue-He didn't turn him self in he was arrested!
chrystal

Albuquerque, NM

#22 Sep 15, 2009
i think the guy should have been tested for drugs and achol . but he needs to pay child support

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bosque Farms Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Gov. Martinez details fight for Facebook data c... Sep 16 Helen W 1
News Facebook chooses New Mexico for new data center... Sep 15 Stephany McDowell 1
News University of New Mexico hosting Route 66 exhib... Sep 8 Dennis A 6
News Deputies recover stolen Camaro, other stolen pr... Sep 7 Susanne 1
Sheriff is Dirty handed in Valencia County (Apr '09) Sep 4 TRACI lopez 105
News New Mexico clinics close up, disappear with pat... Aug '16 Zoey 26
News Child molester sentenced 33 years later (Dec '11) Jul '16 Justice 3

Bosque Farms Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bosque Farms Mortgages