Officer accused of another DUI

Officer accused of another DUI

There are 70 comments on the KOB.com Eyewitness News 4 - New Mexico story from Sep 8, 2009, titled Officer accused of another DUI. In it, KOB.com Eyewitness News 4 - New Mexico reports that:

A Bosque Farms police officer who has made headlines in the past is accused of fleeing the scene of a crash.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KOB.com Eyewitness News 4 - New Mexico.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
FYI

AOL

#1 Sep 8, 2009
Officer Gomez was shot in 2000 by "friendly fire"...he was shot by the firearms instructor of the Los Lunas PD during a drug raid...his leg was shattered. This is not an excuse for his recent behavior just an explaination. ALSO...the LLPD officer who stopped him last year did not just call Ofc Gomez's BCSO superiors...he also filed a report and forwarded it to the Valencia Co. D.A.s office for review...so it was up to them if they wanted to pursue charges....ALSO...he wasn't "driven home" he was taken by his BCSO superiors for an immediate blood test then he was driven home...placed on admin leave pending their own investigation....when the news people report things it would be nice if they got all their facts straight before throwing people under the bus...and I'm not just refering to this Officer's story....there are plenty of others....
now...I await ur WELL THOUGHT OUT responses...ty

“Think with your Brain...”

Since: Oct 08

Clovis, NM

#2 Sep 8, 2009
I take heavy prescription from time to time as directed by my physician. Will I drive when I'm floating? Not just no, but XXXX NO. To much to lose that way. Never mind injuries I could cause to myself. Why risk another human beings life. If I need to go somewhere, I have a wife or son to help out in that department.

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#3 Sep 8, 2009
It's time this officer gets fired and banned from working in LE anyplace again.

He knows the law, he enforces it yet he feels it is his right to break it when it is HIM DWIing?

And his daughter was in the back seat, sounds like he is related to the one who chased the trucker last month with his two kids on the back seat.
Been There

Albuquerque, NM

#4 Sep 8, 2009
Prescriptions have DO NOT DRIVE while using this medication clearly written on the label. In my case after using for over a year, I thought I was just FINE!! WRONG!! There but By the Grace... I didn't wreck, hurt myself or worse someone else!! Now that I no longer take the meds I can see clearly how under the influence I was...

Officer Gomez Please get the help you need to get off these hard narcotics! Whether you can see it or not you need help! Once you are off the meds you will see the addition and was in my case, your pain may even be less then you think!!

Don't wait to long, you may not live through it or take the life of some innocent driver and their family... Is it worth it? Hope the tax payers don't enable you by keeping you on the payroll too long!!
davesam55

Korea

#5 Sep 8, 2009
Please allow due process to take place!!! Even the common criminal gets the (Alleged intro), but here we see (Accused). It is unfortunate that a local reporter found it more important to meet “a tight deadline” as opposed to report the news in a fair and factual manner. This type of reporting only results in sensationalism and merely designed to spark controversy.

If this behavior is founded via an investigation and depart HR directives, contract - this Officer should be afforded a medical evaluation (DSM-IV) for possible PTSD, along with a fitness for duty evaluation, and look into medication use by a licensed physician and be found to be free of any physical condition that might adversely affect his/her performance as a police officer.

Based on that examine and recommendations it may lead to Suspension/termination of Certification by state post officials. From the outside looking in, it appears he may suffer from (PTSD/and or addiction to the drugs he has been taking for pain as a result of the shooting). This does not absolve one’s responsibility to uphold standards and the same laws you are to enforce by department standards and this falls within the DA’s purview to charge or not.
FYI 2

AOL

#7 Sep 9, 2009
"Detectives also alleged Joe Stidham, currently the police chief of Bosque Farms, also stole $2,500 from the business by signing over company checks to himself."

Bosque Farms has the best; Gomez, Stidham and Valdez! Why not hire inmates instead if credentials are not important indeed?
CallousOneToo

Albuquerque, NM

#8 Sep 9, 2009
Geeeeeeeez, if law enforcement can't adhere to DWI laws then why should the rest of us even try?

“NM Desert Rat”

Since: Mar 08

Elephant Butte, N.M.

#9 Sep 9, 2009
And this guy still has a badge? What's up with this?
Odis

Albuquerque, NM

#10 Sep 9, 2009
Kick to groin - that good pain med!&*^%&

Rio Rancho

#11 Sep 9, 2009
What would happen if a common Joe got pulled and was on prescription drugs? Would he get arrrested? Would he go through the whole DUI/DWI rigamaroll? Is this officer carrying a firearm while he is on these drugs? It's bad enough he is getting behind the wheel of a deadly weapon, his car. If he won't get help for himself, then why doesn't anyone in LE, make him get help?
It's sad that even doctors help create prescription drug abusers and then keep feeding them the drugs as long as they get their money. Then they just want to cut them off, wham, that's it, so where do these people turn? to the streets! No, I haven't been there, but I have seen and heard of alot of folks that have been there.

Bottom line, get him help before he hurts or kills himself or someone else!

Since: Apr 09

Albuquerque, NM

#12 Sep 9, 2009
If it walks like a drug addict, smells like a drug addict and acts like a drug addict, well, you might just have a drug addict. Badge or not, addiction crosses all borders and takes no prisoners. Either get help or get gone.
Idiot

Albuquerque, NM

#13 Sep 9, 2009
FYI wrote:
now...I await ur WELL THOUGHT OUT responses...ty
Tell ur what, why don't you get a real job, learn English, and throw your criminal defense degree from UNM in the trash, since you are obviously nothing but a idiot attorney that helps get crooks off the hook. Go back to you gin and tonic, and maybe get behind the wheel. The charges will be dropped anyway.
Awesome

Las Cruces, NM

#14 Sep 9, 2009
FYI 2 wrote:
"Detectives also alleged Joe Stidham, currently the police chief of Bosque Farms, also stole $2,500 from the business by signing over company checks to himself."
Bosque Farms has the best; Gomez, Stidham and Valdez! Why not hire inmates instead if credentials are not important indeed?
Yup, I read the story on Stidham today on KRQE's website. All three, Stidham, Gomez and Valdez will be in jail soon!
8evhs1

United States

#15 Sep 9, 2009
get him how many people did he get for dui.Screw him the he did to others!

Location hidden

#16 Sep 9, 2009
The code of blue in action folks. Below is how the code of blue works. never been charged and his boss was called to pick him up.

Must be nice being a drunk LE and knowing nothing will be done against you for breaking the law.

It's time LE is treated as an equal to the rest of us when they break the law and no more favoritism shown. Start with removing his kids, he is a poor parent to drive DWI (meds) with kids in the vehicle.
----------
Sources say Gomez appeared to be high on prescription drugs—but he hasn't been charged yet.

The officer who stopped Gomez last year did not arrest him or give him a blood test. However, the officer did call Gomez's supervisors with BCSO and asked them to come pick him up.
----------
From what I have seen

Australia

#17 Sep 9, 2009
davesam55 wrote:
Please allow due process to take place!!! Even the common criminal gets the (Alleged intro), but here we see (Accused). It is unfortunate that a local reporter found it more important to meet “a tight deadline” as opposed to report the news in a fair and factual manner. This type of reporting only results in sensationalism and merely designed to spark controversy.
If this behavior is founded via an investigation and depart HR directives, contract - this Officer should be afforded a medical evaluation (DSM-IV) for possible PTSD, along with a fitness for duty evaluation, and look into medication use by a licensed physician and be found to be free of any physical condition that might adversely affect his/her performance as a police officer.
Based on that examine and recommendations it may lead to Suspension/termination of Certification by state post officials. From the outside looking in, it appears he may suffer from (PTSD/and or addiction to the drugs he has been taking for pain as a result of the shooting). This does not absolve one’s responsibility to uphold standards and the same laws you are to enforce by department standards and this falls within the DA’s purview to charge or not.
Actually, that presumed innocent has NEVER applied to anyone in real life. Remember Richard Jewell, the security guard the media and everyone else, suspected of planting that bomb he discovered in the Atlanta Olympic games? Remember that scientist that was presumed to have mailed the anthrax to news media people and others? In Albuquerque, whenever someone is accused of anything, ALL their little troubles, big and small are made known to the public almost guaranteeing a conviction due to poisoning of the jury pool. That concept of innocent till proven guilty looks mighty pretty on paper, and as an empty slogan, but it's just something people say and not actually how it works.
TIGER

United States

#18 Sep 9, 2009
Most of your oppinions are very heartless. I do not think any of you are perfect so you all do not have a right to judge him or anyone else. What ever is going with this man he needs help. I am sure most of have committed some kind crime in your life and got awat with it.
Pot calling the kettle

Australia

#19 Sep 9, 2009
NM Desert Rat wrote:
And this guy still has a badge? What's up with this?
It's not much better in Albuquerque. Joseph M. Polisar had committed SEVERAL felonies in the framing of Van Bering Robinson (US District Court Case Robinson v. Maruffi, Polisar et al, CIV 84-1216M, Memorandum Opinion and Order 13 January 1986, presided over by a REPUBLICAN Judge E.L. Meechem) where he and others manufactured evidence, destroyed exculpatory evidence, committed perjury, suborned others to commit perjury, etc. and then TWICE while he was an Albuquerque P.D. Officer (once while he was Chief) he was convicted of firearms offenses and placed on unsupervised probation in other states.
There is nothing quite like world-class hypocrisy, is there? From our Judges, to our District Attorneys, to our cops, we sure do have some pips out there!
DoasIsay

Isleta, NM

#20 Sep 9, 2009
FIRE this guy! A year ago he should have been fired and charged with endangering the welfare of a minor.

Dirty cops protecting other dirty cops!

What a sham.
oh come on

Albuquerque, NM

#21 Sep 9, 2009
So this cop along with others will some how just get his hands slaped.Why bother taking him in you'll just let him go!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bosque Farms Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Starbucks in Los Lunas "Warning about a Golddig... (Jan '17) May 1 David 16
Los Chavez Tweakers (Dec '16) Apr 30 Liz 3
Dennis Chavez elementary Mar '18 Rju3 1
News Prisoner in Los Lunas dies, cause to be determined (Jan '13) Dec '17 Mazie320 3
News Teen duo accused of vandalizing Albuquerque ele... (Nov '17) Nov '17 Busting Butt 2
News Man arrested for inappropriately touching girls... (Nov '17) Nov '17 wowed 13
News Photo Story: Muertos y Marigolds brightens the ... (Nov '17) Nov '17 LuzAranda 1

Bosque Farms Jobs

Personal Finance

Bosque Farms Mortgages