Officer on leave after suspected DUI crash

There are 34 comments on the KOB.com Eyewitness News 4 - New Mexico story from Sep 9, 2009, titled Officer on leave after suspected DUI crash. In it, KOB.com Eyewitness News 4 - New Mexico reports that:

A Bosque Farms police officer suspected of fleeing the scene of car crash Tuesday has been put on paid leave.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KOB.com Eyewitness News 4 - New Mexico.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Center mass of the target ”

Since: Oct 08

Farmington, NM

#22 Sep 10, 2009
Drippy wrote:
Another mexican accused of DUI. What else is new.
You are right, inbreed hillbillies like yourself donít ever get DWIs. Since your dad and mom (dadís sister) had a high tolerance for alcohol it does not affect you like others.
jo-c

Albuquerque, NM

#24 Sep 11, 2009
Drippy wrote:
Another mexican accused of DUI. What else is new.
I don't see anything on the report that states he's Mexican. Don't know if you are aware or not but there are other latin races besides Mexican you moron! His race has nothing to do with what he has done.
Centurion

Placitas, NM

#25 Sep 11, 2009
Crazy wrote:
There is a very bad pattern emerging here by NM Law Enforement Agencies. How many times have you read about a cop being fired from one force and being hired by another?
Remember the punk cop that was fired from APD for ruffing up the reporter? Well guess what, he was hired by another PD. The list goes on and on!
Unfortunately, this keeps happening. It is called the Gypsy Cop syndrome. It goes like this....Officer gets in trouble. It cost lots of money and it will take time to administer an internal investigation. So the Dept head will tell the officer to resign of be fired. If the officer resigns, he/she keeps the law enforcement certification. That officer can go on to another agency. The new agency may do a background, but might never find out what really happened. So the beat goes on. The NM Law Enforcement Board needs to do something about it. I know they are trying, but this is getting crazy.

“ GOT MILK? ”

Since: May 08

rude mexico

#26 Sep 12, 2009
The same thing goes on in pretty much all fields that have board certified licenses. Doctors, teachers, lawyers, veterinarians, etc, etc, etc. The list is virtually inexhaustible. The fact that cops are supposed to protect and not be the cause of trouble for citizens in any way is what is most troubling. The teacher issue is probably worse in the long run however, cops are 'sworn to protect' yet nobody ever says whom they are protecting. Hmmm.
I'm just sayin.
TEGO

Albuquerque, NM

#27 Sep 13, 2009
Crazy wrote:
There is a very bad pattern emerging here by NM Law Enforement Agencies. How many times have you read about a cop being fired from one force and being hired by another?
Remember the punk cop that was fired from APD for ruffing up the reporter? Well guess what, he was hired by another PD. The list goes on and on!
This is crazy. This clown is fired for his conduct, then is hired by another police agency. This clown needs to move to another country. You dont rehire people like this. He never should have been hired anyway. He doesnt belong in law enforcement. H belongs in an environment where he can be monitored and supervised on a daily basis. Basicly, he needs a baby sitter. It's unfortunate that Bernalillo will more than likely reap the benifits of hiring a problem child that needs some jail time to get his attention.

“Talk is Cheap”

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#28 Sep 13, 2009
Police officer drinking on the job and willing to work at the same time. That is purely crazy. Why would a person who was to serve the community in which he works perform below minimum standards? Risking other people's lives when patrolling or investigating a crime scene. This cannot be tolerated nor brushed under the rug. This individual should be terminated, forced to attend DWI programs and pay fines......
damn mice

Knoxville, TN

#29 Sep 13, 2009
skinwalker wrote:
Police officer drinking on the job and willing to work at the same time. That is purely crazy. Why would a person who was to serve the community in which he works perform below minimum standards? Risking other people's lives when patrolling or investigating a crime scene. This cannot be tolerated nor brushed under the rug. This individual should be terminated, forced to attend DWI programs and pay fines......
I see you have not lived in valencia county long and have no clue how the political powers work. spouting off here on a message board that ypopur ip can me tracked is not the way to do it. riveria has been known to pull his authority to see who is the problems and make them go away
damn mice

Knoxville, TN

#30 Sep 13, 2009
why did that come out mis-spelled so badly ? looked good when I hit post. maybe I should be doing meth like the rest of the county
SET

Albuquerque, NM

#31 Sep 18, 2009
NOT ONE OF YOU PEOPLE ARE ABOVE ANYONE ELSE AND NONE OF YOU KNOW THE WHOLE STORY OR EVEN WHAT ACTUALLY HAPPENED, I DONT KNOW WHO'S PLACE IT IS FOR ANYONE TO JUDGE , CRITISIZE, OR EVEN BAD MOUTH THIS MAN YOUR NOT GOD !!! WHOEVER SAYS THIER BETTER THAN PAUL GOMEZ YOUR VERY MISTAKEN AND THIS "CLOWN" HAS A FAMILY AND IS A VERY GOOD MAN HE ALSO HAS GOOD FRIENDS WHO ARE STANDING BEHIND HIM. PAUL WILL BE THERE FOR ANYONE IF THEY ASKED ,HE WILL HELP ANYONE WHO NEEDS IT EVEN IF HE REALLY DIDNT FEEL LIKE IT , SO UNTIL YOU HAVE ALL OF YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT YOU SHOULD KEEP YOUR THOUGHTS TO YOURSELF !
SET

Albuquerque, NM

#32 Sep 18, 2009
WOW !!!! ITS REALLY AMAZING HOW MANY OF YOU JUMP TO HAVE AN OPINION BUT OBVIOUSLY DONT EVEN KNOW THE FACTS

“Talk is Cheap”

Location hidden

#33 Sep 18, 2009
many questions go unanswered in the BFPD. When did the DWI incident happen? Was there an accident? If there was an accident, did it result in injury to person or property? What brought the client to the attention of the police? Where did the DWI take place? Was it close to home, close to the drinking location? Were there multiple drinking locations? What exactly were the clients' drinking and /or drug use like prior to the DWI incident? Were they taking any prescription medication? Does their BAC as in the police report correspond with what the individual claim they were drinking. Keep in mind, however, that BAC content may be misleading. Was blood or breathalyzer used? What were the circumstances leading up to the DWI arrest? Was the client drinking at a celebration of some sort? Was there any other occupants such as a SFPO named? Did the client perceive that her or she was too impared by ETOH or drugs to operate a motor vehicle? What is the chronological history using ETOH, drugs, or whatever was on board used, what quantities? Any prior DWI's ....this BFPO needs some serious time in the slammer...
lisette set

Albuquerque, NM

#34 Sep 19, 2009
skinwalker wrote:
many questions go unanswered in the BFPD. When did the DWI incident happen? Was there an accident? If there was an accident, did it result in injury to person or property? What brought the client to the attention of the police? Where did the DWI take place? Was it close to home, close to the drinking location? Were there multiple drinking locations? What exactly were the clients' drinking and /or drug use like prior to the DWI incident? Were they taking any prescription medication? Does their BAC as in the police report correspond with what the individual claim they were drinking. Keep in mind, however, that BAC content may be misleading. Was blood or breathalyzer used? What were the circumstances leading up to the DWI arrest? Was the client drinking at a celebration of some sort? Was there any other occupants such as a SFPO named? Did the client perceive that her or she was too impared by ETOH or drugs to operate a motor vehicle? What is the chronological history using ETOH, drugs, or whatever was on board used, what quantities? Any prior DWI's ....this BFPO needs some serious time in the slammer...
In reply to that, Good Job you have some good questions but the fact is as i said before you obviously dont know the facts so how in the hell do you think he needs to be put in jail ??? you dont evenknow what happened so as i said if you dont have the facts it will be good to keep your thoughts too ur self

“Talk is Cheap”

Location hidden

#35 Sep 20, 2009
Dear Sir lisette or Ma'am, this is an open forum and all who enter their opinion is very valid. I am one of those people. I will continue to voice my opinion and if you are so narrow-minded to the reality of free-speech, please go to Iran and join a government who censors everyone's opinions....
los lunas

Santa Fe, NM

#36 Sep 20, 2009
we have had a run in with these worthless cops. they stopped my 16 year old son, beat him up and broke his car and killed his cellphone so he could not call us. they left him there at 2:00am in the morning at the side of the road. talk about protect and serve . worthless cops!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bosque Farms Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Los Lunas parents getting charged for student t... May 9 Dlbrown 1
School board candidate defends high school game... Mar '15 Customer 3
News Parents arrested for kids' truancy (Mar '11) Jan '15 GOPeee 24
News New Mexico program fast-tracks veterans to civi... (Feb '14) Feb '14 the one and only 1
News Kids treated to puppet show at Public Library (Jul '12) Jul '12 MZ GOODY TWO SHOES 3
Election Who do you support for County Sheriff in New Me... (Oct '10) Jan '12 11BravoCibVet 12
Debate: Occupy Wall St - Bosque Farms, NM (Nov '11) Nov '11 Don 1
More from around the web

Bosque Farms People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]