Officer on leave after suspected DUI crash

A Bosque Farms police officer suspected of fleeing the scene of car crash Tuesday has been put on paid leave. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
timextwo

Santa Clara, CA

#1 Sep 9, 2009
Cops are above the law; they can drive as fast as they want and...what the heck, drink too.

This guy is sitting home all happy with paid leave and will probably be put back to work in a week or so when the dust settles.

Let's slap this for what he did...tap, tap.
Amazed

Santa Fe, NM

#2 Sep 9, 2009
Cops are not above the law...This guy should have never been hired as a cop in the first place. Don't generalize all officers for the stupid acts of a few...let's not be shallow folks.
Dean

Albuquerque, NM

#3 Sep 9, 2009
@Amazed This is his 2nd time with this BS and he's not the one making the decision to re-instate himself, his superiors and how they handle his case is a severe issue. Anyone in the general public pulled over for that would have been arrested, car towed, night in jail and see the judge in the am. I doubt this or anything near that bad happened with this cop the first time and we definitely know it didn't happen this time. He's sitting at home getting paid on that little towns tax dollars. Poor Bosque Farms, you have some wack police.
max

El Monte, CA

#4 Sep 9, 2009
Amazed wrote:
Cops are not above the law...This guy should have never been hired as a cop in the first place. Don't generalize all officers for the stupid acts of a few...let's not be shallow folks.
I'm amazed that you don't want to generalize cops for what they are, And why are they always on PAID leave, if somebody else in any other profession made big mistakes like this fool the would be fired & UNPAID.
Drippy

Albuquerque, NM

#5 Sep 9, 2009
Another mexican accused of DUI. What else is new.

“ GOT MILK? ”

Since: May 08

rude mexico

#6 Sep 9, 2009
This is not the first time a paid leave has happened. These days, the man has to cover themselves 'cuz if you fire the perp and he gets off, then you face a wrongful firing suit (ie you are sued and screwed as the employer) I only wish these paid leave perps had to pay back all the paid leave dollars - to their victims or their families or those families who have been victims in the past.
I'm just sayin'

Aside from that, yeah, the cops seem to always get a pass for DUI or murder or whatever just 'cuz they're LE. I say give 'em all the most severe sentence to prove a point - every time! They chose this profession and should be held to a higher standard not given a easy time for breaking the laws they are sworn to uphold.
gramma

United States

#7 Sep 9, 2009
why should tax payers pay him. if it was anybody else they would be in jail and no pay.I guess because he a cop he get special thing that other people don't get.

“ GOT MILK? ”

rude mexico

#8 Sep 9, 2009
Cops, Firefighters, EMTs, City workers, etc, etc, etc. We pay for 'em all 'cuz they'll sue the crapness out of the city if we don't baby these theives.
TEGO

Albuquerque, NM

#9 Sep 9, 2009
I see another clown makes the papers by getting busted for DUI. And another LE officer at that. He had a prior with BCSO? They let him go from there and Bosque Farms hired this clown? Is government going down the tubes? Wheres the accountability to the people that they seem to forget to serve and protect?

“ GOT MILK? ”

rude mexico

#10 Sep 9, 2009
TEGO wrote:
I see another clown makes the papers by getting busted for DUI. And another LE officer at that. He had a prior with BCSO? They let him go from there and Bosque Farms hired this clown? Is government going down the tubes? Wheres the accountability to the people that they seem to forget to serve and protect?
Yep, rehired by LE after the 'incident' while in a cruiser, apparently. Hmmm. It seems LE has not figured out that alcoholism is a disease and incurable. They must think he made a 'mistake' and is sorry and won't do it again. Bwaaahahaha!!
chico

Glorieta, NM

#11 Sep 9, 2009
if he was drinking and driving he should be fired right away no ifs ands or butts.
Ren

Odessa, TX

#12 Sep 9, 2009
Add obesity to his list of undesirable traits!!!! This clown/bozo could chase a perp???? BF...what were you tinking in hiring this clearly proven LOSER??? And DRUNK!
dcg

San Diego, CA

#13 Sep 9, 2009
He should have never been hired after his previous incident.
Doesn't his addiction's call into question all the cases and arrests he has made and or been involded in?
This could lead to countless crimes going unpunished!
dcg

San Diego, CA

#14 Sep 9, 2009
If you can't drive under the influence then I am sure you shouldn't be arresting people while you are under the influence. Impaired arresting the impaired.
DoasIsay

Rio Rancho, NM

#16 Sep 10, 2009
Sounds like Bosque Farms will have an opening for a new police officer soon. Also, what is this paid leave c-r-a-p?

I hope they have him out picking up trash while he is on paid leave!
Crazy

Rio Rancho, NM

#17 Sep 10, 2009
There is a very bad pattern emerging here by NM Law Enforement Agencies. How many times have you read about a cop being fired from one force and being hired by another?
Remember the punk cop that was fired from APD for ruffing up the reporter? Well guess what, he was hired by another PD. The list goes on and on!
Amazed

Santa Fe, NM

#18 Sep 10, 2009
Hey, did you folks hear about that pedophile or that thief or that guy with 22 DWI's or that construction worker that beat his wife that got off with a slap on the wrist? Wake up, everyone gets leaniency in New Mexico not just the cops...they all kept thier jobs...you want paid leave? Get a Government job...Oh and Cops pay taxes too.
Ret-Cop

United States

#19 Sep 10, 2009
Fill out the paperwork, hand deliver ti to SF and fire him when you get back.
Its Time

Colorado Springs, CO

#20 Sep 10, 2009
Drippy wrote:
Another mexican accused of DUI. What else is new.
Not everyone with a hispanic last name is mexican dumb A.S.S. you need to get a life & go back to Arkansas or whatever HICK state you came from.
dennster

Albuquerque, NM

#21 Sep 10, 2009
Paid leave??? Wish I could get that if I screwed up at work!!
Tell it like it is, you gave him a vacation!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bosque Farms Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
School board candidate defends high school game... Feb 3 Customer 1
Parents arrested for kids' truancy (Mar '11) Jan '15 GOPeee 24
chiara anton williams (Jan '11) Jan '15 Wtf 6
Review: Complete Fire Protection Jan '15 advert 2
Review: The Loak Shop Dec '14 karuna jaya 1
Redevelopment of former Kmart spaces drives Alb... Nov '14 LuzAranda 2
Review: Main Street Muscle & Fitness Center (Apr '14) Nov '14 Customer 11
Bosque Farms Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Bosque Farms People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 1:31 pm PST

Bleacher Report 1:31PM
Cardinals Release DT Darnell Dockett
ESPN 2:02 PM
Instead of payday, Dockett cut by Cardinals
Yahoo! Sports 2:29 PM
Cardinals cut veteran DT Dockett
Bleacher Report 4:06 PM
Cards Release of Dockett a Necessary Evil for 2015
NFL 4:53 PM
Julius Thomas to leave Broncos for Jaguars or Raiders?