TABC cracking down on stores selling to minors

There are 2 comments on the KVII-TV Amarillo story from May 26, 2006, titled TABC cracking down on stores selling to minors. In it, KVII-TV Amarillo reports that:

Everyone knows selling alcohol to minors is against the law. But some people just don't seem to get it.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KVII-TV Amarillo.

anonymous

Amarillo, TX

#1 Jun 27, 2006
I understand that it is the employees responsibility to check I.d. but is the retailer doing their part as far as getting every checker sent to the beer and alchol training classes so they can learn about ways to protect themselves and what to look for on I.d.'s and how they will be held liable if they do not follow certain procedures. I worked for a local retail grocery store and sending employees for these classes were mandatory but the least of their concern, unless they heard their were stings taking place locally. Their is such a high rate of employee turnover in large grocery stores that this very important part of employee training is often over looked. Which is not fair to the new employee who doesn't realize the severity of this issue if he fails the sting. Employers must do their part to make everyone able to do their part.

Since: Apr 08

Borger

#2 Apr 16, 2008
no they are not, they just give you 4 hour videos to watch and a little test afterwards after each section., also the test are so ridiculous. One question was, what is the legal drinking age? I mean come on, seriously. This is getting out of hand and needs to be dealt with

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Borger Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) 21 hr Test fart 639
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Mon Frank Pharts 819
News Wind farms could boost economy in the Panhandle May 2 Hail 1
News Political Rally Tonight for Elisha Demerson May 2 Pantex 1
News Mystery boxes causing a stir in Downtown Amarillo May 2 Pantex 1
News Know Your Candidate Amarillo City Council Place 2 May 1 Pantex 1
News Heavy rain to continue May 1 Nederland Texas 1
More from around the web

Borger People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]