Brooklyn couple charged in death of b...

Brooklyn couple charged in death of boy, 3

There are 57 comments on the Newsday story from Jun 8, 2008, titled Brooklyn couple charged in death of boy, 3. In it, Newsday reports that:

A foster mother accused of abandoning children in Texas was charged yesterday along with her boyfriend in connection with the death of a toddler found in the couple's Brooklyn apartment, police said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
paul

Edison, NJ

#1 Jun 8, 2008
A sign of the times in today's moral meltdown. As crime becomes unthinkably vicious, a more liberal attitude toward criminals is winning out here and around the world. Sodom and Gamorra? Perhaps.!
Death Race

Brooklyn, NY

#2 Jun 8, 2008
Nymeen Cheatham and Lemar Martin. Do these names tell us anything?
Shenendehowa Hockey

AOL

#3 Jun 8, 2008
RIP Kyle Smith. Cherub.
Duh

West Babylon, NY

#4 Jun 8, 2008
What stupid agency certified this hunk of doodoo to be a foster mother? Didn't they do a background check? How come the worker didn't see any signs of abuse? This woman was obviously fostering for the money and probably to get Section 8 Housing or some sort of Rent Subsidy. I know that Section 8 from Texas can be transferred to New York.

To the neighbors--How come you didn't call the police ?
nyc

King Of Prussia, PA

#5 Jun 8, 2008
She wasn't an actual foster mother to Kyle. She was a friend of the biological mother's watching him and supposed to be taking care of him.

“Parental Alienation Attorney”

Since: Apr 07

Forest Hills, N.Y.

#6 Jun 8, 2008
There is absolutely no leadership from the top down. There is no inspection and review, no public scrutiny, no glasnost.

We need a perestroika immediately.

"I'll be long gone before some smart person ever figures out what happened inside this Oval Office." --George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., May 12, 2008
Pill

Long Island City, NY

#7 Jun 8, 2008
Duh wrote:
What stupid agency certified this hunk of doodoo to be a foster mother? Didn't they do a background check? How come the worker didn't see any signs of abuse? This woman was obviously fostering for the money and probably to get Section 8 Housing or some sort of Rent Subsidy. I know that Section 8 from Texas can be transferred to New York.
To the neighbors--How come you didn't call the police ?
It's the gradual, inexorable lowering of the bar. In these "communities," the pool of fit parents has shrunk so much that these sub-humans find themselves with responsibilities that far exceed their capacity.
dizzyanne

Columbia, SC

#8 Jun 8, 2008
THESE TWO POS DESERVE TO DIE FOR KILLING THAT BABY. JUSTICE FOR KYLE SMITH!!!
Disgusted here

Holbrook, NY

#9 Jun 8, 2008
and the neighbors saw this child sitting outside in the cold in February with only a t-shirt on and did not become outraged? What kind of people DO NOT report such obvious dangerous situation? a 3-year old? My GOD! I am not understanding how this kind of neglect can happen in full view of so many.
a cry for desprite help

Charlotte, NC

#10 Jun 8, 2008
Disgusted here wrote:
and the neighbors saw this child sitting outside in the cold in February with only a t-shirt on and did not become outraged? What kind of people DO NOT report such obvious dangerous situation? a 3-year old? My GOD! I am not understanding how this kind of neglect can happen in full view of so many.
exactly.but i will say this you neighbors who saw this child in less clothing,i do hope you live with guilt ,cause if one of you stepped up to the plate he might be alive today.as for the to inhuman creeps,who did this horrible crime,i hope you suffer the worst imaginable way possible.an eye for an eye ,except this case i would hope they tie you down,and slowly slice you up from haed to toe with a razor blade,till you die of shear pain!
pixiereign

Holiday, FL

#11 Jun 8, 2008
There will never be enough justice for this child and all of the other silent victims of child abuse.
I hope the child's soul left this earth long before his body gave up its hold on life. He is without pain and with his father in heaven. For those who have faith pray for their souls for nothing we can do to them on this earth will ever be worse than what waits for them on the otherside.
Rest in peace sweet child.
Wow

Allentown, NJ

#12 Jun 8, 2008
Death Race wrote:
Nymeen Cheatham and Lemar Martin. Do these names tell us anything?
Newsday wouldn't be Newsday without the usual racist comments. Keep up the good work!
Irish Eyes

Clayton, NC

#13 Jun 8, 2008
They're from Ireland? Why do people continue to pick on the Irish?
Wow wrote:
<quoted text>
Newsday wouldn't be Newsday without the usual racist comments. Keep up the good work!
Chuck

AOL

#14 Jun 8, 2008
Nice of these neighbors to talk to reporters now, but they couldn't bother calling the cops when this poor child was out in the cold with super mom screaming at him. And why didn't the city know she had a warrant out from Texas?? Don't they screen people before placing helpless children in their clutches???
Death Race

Brooklyn, NY

#15 Jun 8, 2008
Disgusted here wrote:
What kind of people DO NOT report such obvious dangerous situation?
Primates.
Death Race

Brooklyn, NY

#16 Jun 8, 2008
Wow wrote:
<quoted text>
I said nothing about ethnicity.
Manhattan

Baldwin, NY

#17 Jun 8, 2008
Chuck wrote:
Nice of these neighbors to talk to reporters now, but they couldn't bother calling the cops when this poor child was out in the cold with super mom screaming at him. And why didn't the city know she had a warrant out from Texas?? Don't they screen people before placing helpless children in their clutches???
Exactly...every one of those neighbors who saw and did nothing should wallow in guilt for their inaction...

also, the foster mother abandoned 5 other foster kids in Texas - 6 years ago! Yet NYC ACS sees fit to give them another life to ruin? Or in this case, a life to end, which is precisely what they did...whatever happened to a little something called the "background check?" keep up the "good" work ACS...this is the entity that is covering up injuries to foster kids all over the city at the hands of their foster parents, and refusing to give their real parents any information, yet refusing to give the kids back to parents who have been undergoing therapy, etc., as was ordered in their cases...this was all over the news a couple of weeks ago...yet this same entity saw fit to give this particular crack-ho another life to ruin...
Tired of the nonsense

East Hampton, NY

#18 Jun 8, 2008
Beat these two people on the street with cameras rolling.

Jail is too easy for these animals.

So sad that a child is a punching bag.

Beat these two animals.
Nancy Hahn

Brighton, CO

#19 Jun 8, 2008
Okay, this woman had a warrant out for her in Texas for treating children like trash, but she was given this child to foster. Doesn't anyone check? Then this poor child is destroyed and the neighbors who saw him sitting outside in the winter in shorts and a t-shirt, heard the yelling, saw him become expressionless and numb ARE SURPRISED! Wake-up people!
Wow

Allentown, NJ

#20 Jun 9, 2008
Death Race wrote:
<quoted text>
I said nothing about ethnicity.
Please explain yourself.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Borger Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Family outraged with employee behavior at local... 12 hr Kgibson 1
Review: Randy Dixon Motors Inc. Tue BurlisonFamily 1
Any place to meet women? Aug 21 Amarillobusnessnan 1
News U.S. Supreme Court Ordered Hank Skinner's DNA E... (Sep '13) Aug 10 Guilty 3
Edible Arrangements Guy Aug 6 BabyBelle26 1
Review: Discount Lawn & Tree (Jun '11) Jul 29 donald1621 5
should i move to amarillo???? Jul 27 easttexas 3

Borger Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Borger Mortgages