Mininno Law Firm Essay Contest Winner!

Mininno Law Firm Essay Contest Winner!

Posted in the Bordentown Forum

“Mininno Law Office Blog”

Since: Apr 08

Collingswood, NJ

#1 May 5, 2010
The Mininno Law Firm held an essay contest for local high school students. The prize was a 500 scholarship. Before announcing the winner, the members of The Mininno Law Firm would like to officially thank and congratulate all five participants: Scott Bass, Jessica Dochney, Leyla Wirtz, Albertine Shain, and Nia Holsten. You should be very proud of yourselves and the essays you presented for the contest. You should also thank your friends and family for the support they gave each of you. There were thousands of votes that were logged.
At first, Scott Bass’s and Leyla Renee Wirtz’s contingents made them both very strong and early favorites. Then as the voting went along, while the others were receiving consistent votes, the Bass Team was outdoing them but a wide margin. Just when it appeared that it would be a Bass Team vote landslide, Jessica Dochney entered the contest and received tremendous early and strong voter support, as did Leyla Renee Wirtz.
While everyone continued to receive consistent support, just a few weeks ago, it looked like a three person race with the Bass Team leading, the Wirtz Team second and Team Dochney a bit behind in third. That’s when the “Albertine L. Shain rally” began.
As late as two weeks ago, Shain’s vote was just 7.7% of the totals – that’s when the entire dynamic of the contest changed. Since that time, Team Shain continued to show late and overwhelming support, which dramatically altered the results of the popular vote.
The final popular vote was much closer than it had been during the entire contest. Because the popular vote was so close, the judging the final essays on a comparative basis became even more important. This judging was the hard part. I heard discussions between the judges about voice, style, grammar, a concise and clear argument, staying on topic, enthusiasm and overall presentation of subject knowledge.
The judges debated these ranking and ratings for several hours and then presented me with their own ranking results. I then tallied up the percentage rank from the popular vote and the percentage rank from the judge’s vote and added the two percentages together… The results were within a few percentage points of each other… but Albertine Shain is our winner!
Congratulations to Albertine Shain!

To read her winning essay and the essays of her competitors, visit www.minfirm.com/blog/

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bordentown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Vote for Hillary Sep 19 HELL YEAH 3
News Taxpayers are already paying the bill over NJ b... (May '15) Aug '16 Ole Miss Heroin 20
Anybody know the story behind Holiday Lake? (May '06) Aug '16 latashac 324
bordentown adult video store (Nov '09) Apr '16 Anthony Scarpuzzi 59
News Irish 'Parlour' to open at former Dubh Linn Squ... Apr '16 glenn maze 5
New owners of Dublin Square (Dec '14) Feb '16 Dean 2
Schools discourage Bibles (Nov '13) Nov '15 U R JErZEe ScUM 2

Bordentown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bordentown Mortgages