Saturday events to mark one-year anniversary of March 2 tornadoes

Mar 1, 2013 Full story: The Courier-Journal

Several events are planned Saturday afternoon to mark the one-year anniversary of the destructive March 2 tornadoes that ripped through Southern Indiana and Kentucky.

Full Story

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#1 Mar 1, 2013
That day will be in my mind forever. Our town was dystroyed and yet built up all in one day. My granddaughter was one of the few in the school as it took a direct hit.As my husband,myself and our 2 year old grandson were in the basement of the baptist church when it hit. My heart sunk and I fell to mmy knees as I arose from the basement of that church only to see the school that my 6 year ols granddaughter was in laying on the ground. I took many,many pictures of the devastation all over the town.
It was amazing to see within hours the people in our little town pulling together to help,and hold up one another. Although it was a tragedy,the spirit of our town never faultered! And the kids of Henryville school were so estounding as they worked and pitched in to help assure that they could begin the school year on time the following year.... They said it couldn't be done but the crew from Belfore worked 24/7 to make it happen for our children!

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#3 Mar 5, 2013
Thank you! God sure had his hands on our family and the families of many that day!Loosing our home only brought us forever closer togerher!

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#4 Mar 15, 2013
I was there two months after the tornado and was amazed at how much damage was inflicted. My heart goes out to those who lost everything.
Really_

Mount Vernon, OH

#5 May 15, 2013
Pfffttt! God?!?!

Tell him to keep his mitts off my patio furniture next time.

Since: Mar 13

Jeffersonville, IN

#6 May 19, 2013
"REALLY" I will pray for you! Sounds like you desperately need it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Borden Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pekin Outreach Center 13 hr confused 1
the music thread (Feb '12) Sep 29 Musikologist 32
Review: Concrete Work Done By Jeff Hawkins Sep '14 Sarah47150 1
Iron Horsemen MC (Jan '13) Aug '14 Oh my 31
New to town (Mar '14) Jul '14 Dirty House 5
elephant sighting May '14 REO 2
Keep your kids safe don't let them near Barry West (May '12) May '14 lol 7
Borden Dating
Find my Match

Borden Jobs