Mystery waves hit Maine

Mystery waves hit Maine

There are 1 comment on the Free Republic story from Nov 10, 2008, titled Mystery waves hit Maine. In it, Free Republic reports that:

Dockworker Marcy Ingall saw a giant wave in the distance last Tuesday afternoon and stopped in her tracks.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Free Republic.

richard toms river nj

Wynnewood, PA

#1 Nov 11, 2008
damn i missed it! spent the winter of 06 - 07 in northport, familiarizing myself with the area, for eventual relocation. when i was about 4 - 6 yrs old, a similar situation occured here in n.j.(sea bright), while we were beach brats. i can recall watching the tide retreat much quicker than normal, seeing the bottom much further out, then turning away for some reason, hearing some people shouting, then 2 maybe 3 feet of ocean rapidly filling in the void and proceeding up the beach. that was about 45 years ago, to this day it still intrigues and "haunts" me!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Boothbay Harbor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The Other Plymouth Colony, Pemaquid, Maine (Nov '14) Nov '14 Ace McMillan 2
News Residents of Boothbay Harbor, Maine, try to war... (Aug '13) Aug '13 i_c_you 1
~~~~ you been Robbed ~~~ (Dec '12) Dec '12 i_c_you 1
News September 27, 1987: Pollution closes in on Cape... (Sep '12) Sep '12 SpaceBlues 1
Baoothbay Harbor - The Village of idiots . (Jun '12) Jun '12 i_c_you 1
News Maine governor recognizes Windjammer Days Festival (Jun '12) Jun '12 i_c_you 1
__ Traffic in Boothbay ? are You kidding... (May '12) May '12 i_c_you 1

Boothbay Harbor Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Boothbay Harbor Mortgages