First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Nasty

Boonville, NY

#1 Jun 8, 2012
I want to know if the rumors are true about two businesses in Boonville selling that stuff? If it is true, why aren't our police all over them???? From what I hear this is BAD stuff and it's happening right here in Boonville! What can we do to put a stop to it. Is it illegal??? Is it still legal? Who do we need to go to for answers? We need to clean up this town NOW!
Truth

Watertown, NY

#2 Jun 9, 2012
I agree. We need to make bath salts and the dirty smoke shop disappear!!
bill

Rome, NY

#3 Jun 9, 2012
must be ok, the radio station advertises the business!
fred

Utica, NY

#4 Jun 9, 2012
there are 2 shops selling this stuff in Boonville, why does it go on? and yes the radio advertises this stuff! pretty sad example for our children!
YESSSSSS

Rome, NY

#5 Jun 10, 2012
For the first time in a long while, I feel someone cares about our young people and what is happening to them in our communities.This site can be a great help to clean up these stores.
Not long ago there was an incident involving Bath Salts and a local person. I AGREE COMPLETELY, THIS PLACE SHOULD BE CLOSED.
Also, remember, it ALL begins at home. If people don't buy it, the stores can't exist.
May be a bit far out to believe that but BOYCOTS and PICKETTING have worked many times. If nothing else it brings sttention from outer sources that may be what is needed to clean this out.
Really

Pulaski, NY

#6 Jun 10, 2012
I heard the ad on the radio and the ad never mentioned bath salts or anything like that.
unfortunately cloud 9 is a legit business.
bill wrote:
must be ok, the radio station advertises the business!
your wrong

Gloversville, NY

#7 Jun 10, 2012
they dont say bath salts on the pack they are selling it as shoe polish & window cleaner.They dont have it out anymore you have to go in the back of the store to get it but it is far from a legit business.They target young kids into these drugs with no idea what is to come from doing these things in 10 or 15 years.This is a huge problem and alot of parents are brushing it off let me tell you a few things to watch out for in you teen that you might think of as normal teenage stuff.If your child is irrated all the time,very emotional,threating suicide,staying awake all night then sleeping all day,always in need of $20 well they very well might be doing these bath salts or otherwise know as "Pump It" or "Rock On".These drugs are robbing our children of their teenage years and it goes on everywhere home,(as some parents are doing it) parties,school.Oh and by the way most of your rehab centers dont treat for this addiction so as a parent Fustration levels are through the roof with these places that are right around the corner.So picketing or anything to slow down business would be great.
fred

Utica, NY

#8 Jun 10, 2012
How can these stores even sell these things and not have a guilty conscience? What about all the legal "weed" it is going out of the store in Boonville like there is no tomorrow. It is sad that people can't find better things in life to make them happy. I agree with Yessssss it begins at home but how many parents are doing this right in front of their children? I constantly pray my grandchildren find more in life than things like this! Obviously all these store owners care about is the money...I wonder if they have children and grandchildren!
Really

Pulaski, NY

#9 Jun 10, 2012
I agree with you. Something needs to be done, unfortunately according the the law as it is, they are a legal business. I do believe the rumors about them selling those chemicals to children but how do we prove it? The police just can't go in there and raid the place without a reason. Is there anyone working under cover? Is anyone taking pictures of the people walking in that store? How old are they? Until there are laws against the stuff they are selling (I think NY state did pass some laws against certain types of chemicals) I don't believe there is anything we can do except take pictures and try to catch them doing something illegal. Tobacco products, glass (bongs, smoking pipes), body jewelry, t-shirts are all LEGAL products. If they are advertising those things on the radio, they are within their right to do so and the radio station does not have the right or obligation to turn them away. If they are caught selling something illegal, then they loose their rights to be a legit business. Just my opinion anyway.
your wrong wrote:
they dont say bath salts on the pack they are selling it as shoe polish & window cleaner.They dont have it out anymore you have to go in the back of the store to get it but it is far from a legit business.They target young kids into these drugs with no idea what is to come from doing these things in 10 or 15 years.This is a huge problem and alot of parents are brushing it off let me tell you a few things to watch out for in you teen that you might think of as normal teenage stuff.If your child is irrated all the time,very emotional,threating suicide,staying awake all night then sleeping all day,always in need of $20 well they very well might be doing these bath salts or otherwise know as "Pump It" or "Rock On".These drugs are robbing our children of their teenage years and it goes on everywhere home,(as some parents are doing it) parties,school.Oh and by the way most of your rehab centers dont treat for this addiction so as a parent Fustration levels are through the roof with these places that are right around the corner.So picketing or anything to slow down business would be great.
Really

Pulaski, NY

#10 Jun 10, 2012
They have no conscience. If they did they wouldn't be selling that stuff. Lets not forget about the other place next to the bank. They've been accused of selling the same stuff out the back door. Yesterday they were selling stuffed animals in the front of their store, you talk about ba*ls! These people need to be stopped but they can't be stopped by people spreading rumors. We need facts and we need laws. In the meantime, lets start taking pictures and e-mailing them to the police, newspapers and radio station. Anyone go in there and see anything illegal going on? Call the police if you do. I think I may make a visit soon.
fred wrote:
How can these stores even sell these things and not have a guilty conscience? What about all the legal "weed" it is going out of the store in Boonville like there is no tomorrow. It is sad that people can't find better things in life to make them happy. I agree with Yessssss it begins at home but how many parents are doing this right in front of their children? I constantly pray my grandchildren find more in life than things like this! Obviously all these store owners care about is the money...I wonder if they have children and grandchildren!
What

Pulaski, NY

#11 Jun 10, 2012
I doubt very much that our local radio station is advertising those drug substitutes. I heard an ad that talked about jewelry and t-shirts available at Cloud 9, nothing about drugs. I think the ad also said you must be 18 years or older. You should make sure you know what you're talking about before you accuse a business of advertising drugs.
fred wrote:
there are 2 shops selling this stuff in Boonville, why does it go on? and yes the radio advertises this stuff! pretty sad example for our children!
fred

Utica, NY

#12 Jun 10, 2012
They do not advertise the drug substitutes, they used to but other businesses refused to advertise with them if they continued advertising the stuff...but they advertise everything associated with it! And sure there are signs all over saying they need to be 18...thats just to cover their butts! Sit and watch, if kids under 18 weren't getting what they want why would they keep going in there?
What wrote:
I doubt very much that our local radio station is advertising those drug substitutes. I heard an ad that talked about jewelry and t-shirts available at Cloud 9, nothing about drugs. I think the ad also said you must be 18 years or older. You should make sure you know what you're talking about before you accuse a business of advertising drugs.
<quoted text>
Teen

Indian Lake, NY

#13 Jun 10, 2012
I was never carded when I went in. No one cared or even noticed that I was younger than 18.

*I went in for body jewelry, not drugs.
You are wrong

Boonville, NY

#14 Jun 11, 2012
Stop trashing the radio station> I'll tell you exactly what happened. They did slip bath salts in as well as incense into their first ad. When people found what they were, the radio station pulled the ad immediately. No advertiser refused to advertise. Are pool sticks, t-shirts, body jewelry associated with it? Tobacco products? Place blame where blame lays, with the people selling the stuff and the people buying the stuff. Why aren't they being arrested???? If kids under 18 are going in there, why aren't people calling the police? The school district held a meeting about the dangers of the stuff and more people attended the meeting about the dump bypass. It's this community wake up and find a way to stop the sale of these products. Head shops have been around for ever but this synthetic stuff is really bad.
fred wrote:
They do not advertise the drug substitutes, they used to but other businesses refused to advertise with them if they continued advertising the stuff...but they advertise everything associated with it! And sure there are signs all over saying they need to be 18...thats just to cover their butts! Sit and watch, if kids under 18 weren't getting what they want why would they keep going in there?
<quoted text>
ok well

Gloversville, NY

#15 Jun 11, 2012
Let me just say that i did report to the Boonville PD that my underage child was going in there and buying the "Legal" stuff.I got nothing from them not a call back or anything so really as a parent what are you supposed to do when the police department will not even talk to me about this problem.Makes me wonder if they really want this place out of there or not.I'm starting to think the tax dollars they get from this place is enough to keep the BPD happy.Also I heard this place is making upwards of $4,00 a day on these drugs to our children!!!!!
just a taxpayer

AOL

#16 Jun 11, 2012
If this crap is going on in town the cops better get off their ass and put a stop to this
James

Utica, NY

#17 Jun 11, 2012
If the shop by the bank is closed and you call the guy he opens for you and if he is out of town he gives you his girlfriends number and she opens to make a sale. As parents we need to ban together!!!
Drug Task Force

Rome, NY

#18 Jun 11, 2012
Contact them but not through Oneida County. Is that a clue???
ok well

Gloversville, NY

#19 Jun 11, 2012
I did contact Lewis County nothing there either.They said they would contact oneida county but as we all see they are still selling this stuff.
tHE SCOOP

Rome, NY

#20 Jun 11, 2012
New York State Health Commissioner Bans Sale and Distribution of Dangerous Substances Marketed as Bath Salts

Versión en español

Albany, N.Y.(May 23, 2011)– New York State Commissioner of Health Nirav R. Shah, M.D. today issued a Commissioner's Order to ban the sale and distribution of dangerous amphetamine-type substances marketed as "bath salts" that are sold over-the-counter and have resulted in hundreds of hospitalizations nationwide.

In an effort to mask their true purpose, a number of products are marketed as "bath salts" and are being sold online, in small convenience stores and other retail outlets. They produce similar effects to cocaine and amphetamines, including hallucinations, paranoia, delusions, suicidal thoughts, and violent behavior as well as chest pains, increased blood pressure, and increased heart rates.

The substances are sold under names like White Lightening, Snow Leopard, Tranquility, Zoom, Ivory Wave, Red Dove, Vanilla Sky, and others.

Commissioner Shah said, "These chemicals marketed as bath salts are a growing and dangerous threat to the public health, and this action to end the sale and distribution of these harmful substances is a critical step needed to stop the proliferation of these drugs here in New York State. These substances present a real and immediate threat to the health and safety of our young adults and the public at large."

The order takes effect immediately and is allowed under Public Health Law provisions that empower the State Health Commissioner to issue orders for summary action in circumstances where he believes people or entities are engaging in activities which constitute a danger to the health of the people and it would be prejudicial to delay action.

The Commissioner's Order will ban the sale and distribution of these chemicals and products in New York State. Commissioner Shah is contacting county health commissioners throughout the state for their assistance in carrying out this order.

The compounds are sold in a variety of forms that contain a number of synthetic chemicals including MDPV (methylenedioxypyrovalerone ) and mephedrone . Use of these drugs has resulted in hospitalizations and death, as well as violent reactions in individuals. Nationwide, calls to poison centers regarding use of bath salts through May of 2011 has increased more than 700 percent from the total amount of calls taken in all of last year.

Legislation to add the synthetic drugs to the list of controlled substance have been introduced in Congress by Senator Charles Schumer, who has worked closely with the Department of Health to identify options for New York to address the spread of bath salts. In addition, the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) has called addressing bath salts a top priority. The Department of Health also has submitted a departmental bill to limit the sale of these many chemicals to research purposes only.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Boonville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Adirondack Sports (Aug '13) 1 hr nhl 311
cj power sports 2 hr GANDALF THE GREY 11
Caves (Feb '14) 3 hr CNY Caver 5
moose 3 hr diane cummings 20
buffalo head closed 3 hr hungry 1
"IOU" Christmas Gifts (Dec '09) 6 hr GeorgeSmith 10
Whats your opinion on Boonville mayor Kramer ? 13 hr My two cents 22
Boonville Dating
Find my Match

Boonville People Search