Boonville Big M
First Prev
of 6
Next Last
not impressed

Fort Plain, NY

#1 Oct 24, 2008
Me, my mother and my 5 and 8 year old daughters went to Big M late this afternoon. Now, we are not from Boonville and we do not know these people at all. We each went to a checkout. I only had 3 things, she had quite a few. I did not see his name, but my reciept says Doug on it, so I am guessing that he was my cashier. Him, the cashier my mom had and another girl who was standing at the end like she was the bagger, were talking to each other. They were saying how much they hate their coworkers, and the guy said he would like to "blow their head off". Or something along those lines. They were rude, and not helpful at all. Maybe the one girl was not working, maybe she was just standing there. If not working there, then she was just in the way of my mothers things. If she was working, she was not doing her job. I for one will NEVER go into that store again.

Since: Oct 08

Beautiful Boonville New York

#2 Oct 25, 2008
Sounds like you are from Boonville simply because you tried so hard to convince everyone you were from out of town. Doesn't take a psych 101 course to figure that one out. Perhaps you work there... or you may be just targeting the guy named Doug for some reason. Remember, when people work together everyday they normally start to criticize each other. It might be boredom or little jealousies. Consider the fact that most people that check you out are young and just trying to make some money. They work hard and try hard to treat everyone the same. That store is my favorite. So I don't know what it is you are up to... perhaps you should take your gripe elsewhere.... your story is "shoddy" at best.
well

Chittenango, NY

#3 Oct 25, 2008
I have always found him to be polite and very nice. The deli workers are another matter. There is one that is NOT polite and nice. Ever. I don't know why they keep her on.
Jeff

AOL

#4 Oct 25, 2008
well wrote:
I have always found him to be polite and very nice. The deli workers are another matter. There is one that is NOT polite and nice. Ever. I don't know why they keep her on.
Yea there is this one lady who is not very polite. I went in there one day and said good morning how are you and she didn't say anything and then i said nice day isn't it and she would softly say yea and that was it. I have bad days also, but i make it a point to say hello to anyone i see. No need to be rude. And on a good note i get along with all the casheirs.
not impressed

Fort Plain, NY

#5 Oct 25, 2008
maxwells house wrote:
Sounds like you are from Boonville simply because you tried so hard to convince everyone you were from out of town. Doesn't take a psych 101 course to figure that one out. Perhaps you work there... or you may be just targeting the guy named Doug for some reason. Remember, when people work together everyday they normally start to criticize each other. It might be boredom or little jealousies. Consider the fact that most people that check you out are young and just trying to make some money. They work hard and try hard to treat everyone the same. That store is my favorite. So I don't know what it is you are up to... perhaps you should take your gripe elsewhere.... your story is "shoddy" at best.
Wow. I was not trying to convince that I was not from there, I was just stating that. I live in Lowville, and I am from Watson. The my mother lives in Port Leyden, but she too, is from Lowville. I guess it is ok for workers in a store to talk about blowing someones head off in front of young children. I do not care how much you hate your co workers, that is just not something that you say in front of customers. But if everyone in Boonville is like this, then I will never be going there again. For any reason. I know that Lowville has some rude people, but I have never heard any of them talking like THAT in a store. Then have people think it ok. Wow.
cuz

Ilion, NY

#6 Oct 25, 2008
not impressed wrote:
Me, my mother and my 5 and 8 year old daughters went to Big M late this afternoon. Now, we are not from Boonville and we do not know these people at all. We each went to a checkout. I only had 3 things, she had quite a few. I did not see his name, but my reciept says Doug on it, so I am guessing that he was my cashier. Him, the cashier my mom had and another girl who was standing at the end like she was the bagger, were talking to each other. They were saying how much they hate their coworkers, and the guy said he would like to "blow their head off". Or something along those lines. They were rude, and not helpful at all. Maybe the one girl was not working, maybe she was just standing there. If not working there, then she was just in the way of my mothers things. If she was working, she was not doing her job. I for one will NEVER go into that store again.
Hurrah for you
What

Ilion, NY

#7 Oct 25, 2008
I AM from Boonville and I shop regularly at both local grocery stores, as well as Walmart and Price Chopper. I shop at Big M about 2-3 times a week. I have noticed that some of the workers constantly talk about their coworkers in front of customers. Also, there is one guy (who looks very scraggly) who talks very badly and uses foul language in front of my toddler. I simply told my toddler, "Honey, we do not talk like that. That is not appropriate." The boy immediately changed his attitude and became very polite and respectful. It's the adult women that gossip in there (quite loudly) that bother me more. Listen, some of these teens talk like this because that is how they are spoken to at home. They know no other way to communicate. I try to just mind my own business. I'm in there to get food for my family. Also, there are a lot of friendly workers at Big M who go out of their way to assist me and play and entertain my toddler. Kudos to all the great employees! And, to the ones doing all the "unnecessary" talking, I think we're all just saying to say it for somewhere else. We, as customers, do not care to , nor need to hear this.
not impressed

Fort Plain, NY

#8 Oct 25, 2008
What wrote:
I AM from Boonville and I shop regularly at both local grocery stores, as well as Walmart and Price Chopper. I shop at Big M about 2-3 times a week. I have noticed that some of the workers constantly talk about their coworkers in front of customers. Also, there is one guy (who looks very scraggly) who talks very badly and uses foul language in front of my toddler. I simply told my toddler, "Honey, we do not talk like that. That is not appropriate." The boy immediately changed his attitude and became very polite and respectful. It's the adult women that gossip in there (quite loudly) that bother me more. Listen, some of these teens talk like this because that is how they are spoken to at home. They know no other way to communicate. I try to just mind my own business. I'm in there to get food for my family. Also, there are a lot of friendly workers at Big M who go out of their way to assist me and play and entertain my toddler. Kudos to all the great employees! And, to the ones doing all the "unnecessary" talking, I think we're all just saying to say it for somewhere else. We, as customers, do not care to , nor need to hear this.
I do not think that it is right for these people to talk like they were. Even if they dont like their co workers, then wait to talk about them There was another cashier in there too, and my mom looked at her and the woman just rolled her eyes. The 2 I am talking about said hi to us and stuff. But the saying how much they hated one girl that worked there, and then the guy saying that he wants to blow her head off. That just really made me sick that they would say that in front of ANY customer, let alone 2 little girls. I think I said in my original post that they did not mention any names. If I said that I was wrong. I called my mother to tell her how "friendly", the one person on here was to me, and she said that they DID mention someone by name. But, like I said before, it must be ok in Boonville to talk like that.
What

Ilion, NY

#9 Oct 25, 2008
I believe I clearly agreed with you when I said they should say it elsewhere. It's not okay to talk like that (no matter where you live), but what have you done to prevent this from happening again? Coming on here is a place for you (all of us) to vent, but why not speak directly to the manager. I'm sure that he would rather discuss this with you than have you grumble on this site. It's just seems like a more responsible way to handle the situation. I again, agree with you, but it obviously affects you in a different manner. But I will say that I have contemplated going to the manager. I have friends who will not shop there at all because of the same thing. I have decided that I will approach the manager if it continues, as I'm sure he is not aware of this happening. But again, I want to thank all the responsible workers there who are really great!
not impressed

Fort Plain, NY

#10 Oct 25, 2008
What wrote:
I believe I clearly agreed with you when I said they should say it elsewhere. It's not okay to talk like that (no matter where you live), but what have you done to prevent this from happening again? Coming on here is a place for you (all of us) to vent, but why not speak directly to the manager. I'm sure that he would rather discuss this with you than have you grumble on this site. It's just seems like a more responsible way to handle the situation. I again, agree with you, but it obviously affects you in a different manner. But I will say that I have contemplated going to the manager. I have friends who will not shop there at all because of the same thing. I have decided that I will approach the manager if it continues, as I'm sure he is not aware of this happening. But again, I want to thank all the responsible workers there who are really great!
We did not go to a manager because we are not from there, and did not see anyone around. We just left. I posted on here so other people would be aware of the problem and maybe if they see something, they will complain about it. After I posted my first one, I was accused of lying about not being from Boonville, and having something against the one kid. If I knew the name of the other 2 girls, I would have said them too. I only had his name because of my reciept, and my mom had thrown hers away, so we could not get any other names. I just want people to be aware of the problem. Thats all.
well

Chittenango, NY

#11 Oct 25, 2008
not impressed wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not think that it is right for these people to talk like they were. Even if they dont like their co workers, then wait to talk about them There was another cashier in there too, and my mom looked at her and the woman just rolled her eyes. The 2 I am talking about said hi to us and stuff. But the saying how much they hated one girl that worked there, and then the guy saying that he wants to blow her head off. That just really made me sick that they would say that in front of ANY customer, let alone 2 little girls. I think I said in my original post that they did not mention any names. If I said that I was wrong. I called my mother to tell her how "friendly", the one person on here was to me, and she said that they DID mention someone by name. But, like I said before, it must be ok in Boonville to talk like that.
Yes, you are right. We are all a**holes in boonville. We all go out of our way to offend the out of towners. Maybe you should shop in lowville. They are a whole different breed there.
not impressed

Fort Plain, NY

#12 Oct 25, 2008
well wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, you are right. We are all a**holes in boonville. We all go out of our way to offend the out of towners. Maybe you should shop in lowville. They are a whole different breed there.
That wasnt what I said. I said that these people were horrible. Wow. You Boonville people really have some issues. And here I have always thought it was a sweet little town.
Bart Taylor

Duarte, CA

#13 Oct 25, 2008
My elderly mother went in there in her wheel chair. She couldn't reach the lettuce so she kinkly asked one of the workers to help her. She reached in and grabbed a brown head. when my mom aksed if there was another one, she tore off all the leaves leaving a piece the size of a golf ball. My mom said, perhaps she won't get any that day. The worker got mad and said, loudly, "So, you don't like our produce?" Before my mom could appologize and explain, two other emplyees came over and started badgering her. Then one, stuck a pole in the spokes of her wheel chair and then all three began beating her and squishing soft produce in her face. The manager herld her groans and came over. Shen he asked what was happening, my mom could only make choeking noises because her false teeth had been knocked to her throat. The manager thought she was making fun of him so he began pulling her hair and slapping her about the face. He thentook out the pole from her spokes and wheeled her out with som much force, her legs hit the automatic doors and her chair overturned in the parking lot. He then told her to pick up her teeth and glasses and leave the lot or he'd have her arrested for tresspassing. My mom said she wouldn't go back there because sone of the workers was wearing an Obama button.
Bart Taylor

Duarte, CA

#14 Oct 25, 2008
Oh wait a minute. There's something wrong with my story. It has some typos.[kinkly--.kindly. "herld" is heard and "sone" is one. And "Shen" is "Then". Probably a few more.
maxwells place

Durhamville, NY

#15 Oct 25, 2008
Bart Taylor - We all laughed so hard tonight. Thank you for snapping us back into reality. This whole blog has been ridiculous. Hopefully no one takes this serious.

People who work retail are not paid what they are worth. And we expect them to treat us like we are royalty. Shame. As far as "not impressed" goes.. we are a kindly little town. This is the best town in the county! If you don't like it here... go back north. I am sorry you were disappointed. It must have been a down day for people who work there...
Dont bother

Ilion, NY

#16 Oct 25, 2008
What wrote:
I believe I clearly agreed with you when I said they should say it elsewhere. It's not okay to talk like that (no matter where you live), but what have you done to prevent this from happening again? Coming on here is a place for you (all of us) to vent, but why not speak directly to the manager. I'm sure that he would rather discuss this with you than have you grumble on this site. It's just seems like a more responsible way to handle the situation. I again, agree with you, but it obviously affects you in a different manner. But I will say that I have contemplated going to the manager. I have friends who will not shop there at all because of the same thing. I have decided that I will approach the manager if it continues, as I'm sure he is not aware of this happening. But again, I want to thank all the responsible workers there who are really great!
forget the manager hes to busy tryin to catch shop lifters which Boonville has a lot of.
not impressed

Fort Plain, NY

#17 Oct 25, 2008
maxwells place wrote:
Bart Taylor - We all laughed so hard tonight. Thank you for snapping us back into reality. This whole blog has been ridiculous. Hopefully no one takes this serious.
People who work retail are not paid what they are worth. And we expect them to treat us like we are royalty. Shame. As far as "not impressed" goes.. we are a kindly little town. This is the best town in the county! If you don't like it here... go back north. I am sorry you were disappointed. It must have been a down day for people who work there...
I was not just disappointed. I was very upset that these people would talk like that around kids. Around anyone. To say that they want to blow someones head off? You actually think that it is ok for them to say that? Especially in front of customers with kids. I mean come on. Even if they were having an off day, that is wrong. And they didnt seem to be upset about anything. They were laughing. I am sorry if I offended you by complaining. It it just sickening.
a new view

Boonville, NY

#18 Oct 25, 2008
Would it kill anyone just to shut up and stop bitchin. Please!!!!!! Is it so hard to say something positive! These are troubled times my friends, we need to stick together. If you see something you don't like or agree with simply walk away.Or here's an idea report it to management..... It's hard enough trying to stay in ANY business these days. And our local businesses need our support ALL OF THEM (i.e. Big M, Slims, Great American, Lyons Falls Tire). They don't need all you little whiners coming on here and picking, picking, picking!!! Did you ever stop and think you could be hurting these peoples businesses. You all have way to much to do once you collect your welfare, ssi, or workmens comp. checks. Try running a business and worrying everyday if your going to be able to feed your families or have a business tomorrow before you run people down. GROW THE HELL UP ALL OF YOU!!!.
people

Ilion, NY

#19 Oct 25, 2008
maybe if they were laughing, they were joking...just and idea...
not impressed

Fort Plain, NY

#20 Oct 25, 2008
But even if they were joking about it. To say it in front of kids? I dont know. It does not seem right.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Boonville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What kind of parent are you with your teenagers 29 min Nineteenth 13
Good. Let the butthurt flow through you 1 hr WTFawk 11
Help me apologize to Kevin Podkouvka-please??!! 8 hr Munn74 1
Wives that cheat 9 hr MacPac 15
Cynthia feazell HELP me!!!! 9 hr Taxpayer 6
Kim Martin Tue Comment 7
Couars (Jul '16) Tue erection 49

Boonville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Boonville Mortgages