agree

Boonville, NY

#23 Aug 15, 2012
Agree
agree

Gloversville, NY

#24 Aug 15, 2012
APPARENTLY IM A PUNK wrote:
ok so im problly one of those "punk kids" your talking about... well you dont freaking know me ok.... surprise im going back to school bet that surprises you huh??? and do you know how hard it is to find a job in boonville....probbly not cuz let me guess you got one right??? well i dont but i try really damn hard every day to find one. so what i wear my hat with a little tilt its not sideways duh fix your eyes.... who the frig are you people to judge???? i dont get in any trouble im an extremely nice person but you judge books by their damn covers.... just because someone looks different and not to your preference and boonvilles "DRESS CODE" were "punks" as you put it. try putting yourselves in my shoes try having no family there for you and having no place to live for three years and finally coming back to boonville a town i thought "HAD" great people and getting criticized because i try to finally live my life in ease and not fear of being judged..... THAT MAKES BOONVILLE NO BETTER THAN UTICA OR ROME OR NEW YORK CITY..... LIKE SERIOUSLY IF YOU GOT A PROBLEM SAY IT THERE FACE BE AN ADULT ACTUALLY FOR ONCE IN YOUR LIFE INSTEAD OF BEING CHILDISH AND IMMATURE AND SPREADING RUMNORS!!!!!!!!!!
Very well said.And right there is what is inside these kids you people put down.A human! Now you Boonvilles finest should lay off these kids. I think enough is enough
fedup

West Monroe, NY

#25 Sep 2, 2012
OMG wrote:
You Boonville people make me laugh everyyyytime I pop on here..You cry and wine you town is being over ran by kids..Boonville you are what?????10 miles big..If you had 5 "bad" kids in your community you would have a fit..What exactly make you think you can control who lives or moves into your tiny little town?.........Do you remember all the stories about town not allowing blacks in?????OK so now you dont want low income or no income families in your town??????? Is Boonville really a RASIST TOWN..Are you people really going that far back in time..Your hats side ways we dont want you here..Your pants are baggy we dont like you..You hang around town and we have boonvilles only streets?NO OUTSIDERS ALLOWED>>>>> >You all should be ashamed of your selves..Tonight when you say your prayers ask for forgivness...Maybe Dads drunk and Sideways hat boy dont want to go home and get beat...So he hangs on the street. should he hide in the woods and let you people break down any self esteem he has left????You people make me sick...Boonvilles finest ehhh? And your all alike.Your little shit ass town cult you have..Rasist bastards..
look your missing the point here I've lived here all my life we never had reports of break ins or drug busts or bar fights so we were a nice quiet village a place where some people wouldn't go because we were a ho hum village. But all of a sudden the cities were getting to much for some people to bare and I'm sure the biggest reason for our growth is the fact we have cheap power and cheap taxes so they move here to save money . So with years gone by we ate getting more city family's with there I'm better then anyone attitudes going head to head with our quiet village people and they think they ate going to run the show. Well they better think again Cus I for one love my little village and won't put up with any trouble makers. The jails are full but they can make room if needed for more.
fedup

West Monroe, NY

#26 Sep 2, 2012
Unknown user wrote:
Okay the people on this sh!t really need a life, like seriously your all going to sit here and talk sh!t about people. Talking all this sh!t doesn't make you look good. It's Boonville it's a sh!t hole it's not like it's the best place in the world. What about all the people in the bars walking down the street all fuck3d up. But your b!tching about "punks" having saggy pants, yeah man were all down with the clown where is my axe homie? Like duh shut the f$ck up and grow up your all like what? 30, 40 years old?
if you don't like Boonville then get out
Problem

Gloversville, NY

#27 Sep 2, 2012
The problem is, Money and jobs. We have neither.
Codes and enforcement. We have neither. Look around, Boonville has allowed slum lords to make the town look like a slum.
Drugs. Boonville has too much. Why did Cloud 9 move here??? Because they knew there was a demand. Why is Sporting edge still operating???? Good question. He should be in jail!
hmfuy

Remsen, NY

#28 Sep 2, 2012
Boonville is a good town. i find the rich and upper class make it so hard for the normal hard working low income person to feel excepted. Yes we have kids on the street.. they were always there.. even 50 years ago but noone bothered to see if they needed help then and people sure dont do it now.. some of these kids come from homes were the parents are just so negletful and abusive they just want out..even when they try to clean up there act noone is willing to give then a chance to prove themselves.
i want the drugs and violence out of boonville to. i want my kids to grow up safe and drug free.
i also want my kids respected for themselves and not judged because something i may of done. but everyone gets judged by there family name and not by the person. people should work for what they got but not look down on the unfortunate.
TREAT PEOPLE HOW YOU WANT TO BE TREATED...IS THAT SO HARD..
Jim

Canandaigua, NY

#29 Sep 2, 2012
Let's not be ridiculous. Boonville has *always* been a racist, homophobic, judgmental, misogynistic place. This isn't new. G*d be with you if you're a gay or non-white child (or one who dresses differently from the norm) who has to go through that school system.

I'm not saying that everyone is bad. I knew some nice folks when I lived there, but realistically, they're not the norm.

To each their own - if you like it, great. Stay and enjoy it. But thinking that it's idyllic for everyone is silly. I hated it and left the minute I could. When I have to drive through it to get to family reunions, the only stop I make is Capri.

“What's the Catch?”

Since: Jun 11

Boonville

#30 Sep 5, 2012
You know, I just lost a lot of respect for a town I called home for years. I can't say that I'm shocked by the intolerence and the anger that many of you display, but to actually go as far as to post about it in a public forum? Normally I don't just go about flaming people here, but really, what the hell is wrong with you? You should be ashamed of yourselves.
You say your town was good before these "scumbags" moved into your neighborhood? They should stop those "slum lords," should they? Is that where your taxes are going? Well, pardon me. You must be right. You know what? Lets drive them out of their homes, tell them they have to leave town, and they can sleep in the alleys of a city. How dare they not be able to make a livable income in the worst financial situation our country has been in since the Great Depression. That'll really show them who's town it is, ehh?
Gayguy

Utica, NY

#31 Sep 5, 2012
I think they're cute.
Right

Boonville, NY

#32 Sep 6, 2012
Excuse me. I live here and I've noticed a decline in this town over the past few years. Slum lords? Yes, we have them and they should be shut down! Why? Besides that fact that these buildings look like slums, they are fire traps. You talk about an unfair system..did you know that the biggest slum lord in town is also close to being the richest person in town? Did you know what one of her (his) kids is also one of the biggest druggies in town? As far as the "punks", I agree, but we cannot be enabling the parents to milk the system either. Yes, some have lost their jobs, but many of the move ins have never had or wanted jobs and they abuse their kids. I give credit to Abundant Life for opening the pool hall on Main street. Maybe they can get this kids on the right track. It's not about being poor, it's about being lazy. Poor people raise their kids just as well as those with the "right names". Troup 13 scouts used to be a good place for these kids to get some parenting and education. What happened? Do the scumbags send their kids? Things certainly have changed.
lucasjames7 wrote:
You know, I just lost a lot of respect for a town I called home for years. I can't say that I'm shocked by the intolerence and the anger that many of you display, but to actually go as far as to post about it in a public forum? Normally I don't just go about flaming people here, but really, what the hell is wrong with you? You should be ashamed of yourselves.
You say your town was good before these "scumbags" moved into your neighborhood? They should stop those "slum lords," should they? Is that where your taxes are going? Well, pardon me. You must be right. You know what? Lets drive them out of their homes, tell them they have to leave town, and they can sleep in the alleys of a city. How dare they not be able to make a livable income in the worst financial situation our country has been in since the Great Depression. That'll really show them who's town it is, ehh?
stopwhining

Boonville, NY

#33 Sep 9, 2012
We are the same in Boonville as every other small town so you are not special. Every place has poverty and welfare and punks and drugs and unemployment. So clean up your own corner and don't think we are any better or worse than the next town. Remember to vote this election - it is free and you have a right to vote just like everyone else. Maybe change the mess we are in.
Enough

Boonville, NY

#34 Sep 9, 2012
The truth is the older people in this town still think its 1952. Most of the people in this town ar SUPER PREJUDICE. I first got the impression people in this town were NICE, Boy was I wrong. For the most part I think the people in the Village are nosy, judgemental and prejudiced. Apparently they fell inferior to people from out of town as well based on the comments on this forum. People from out of town think "they are better than everybody else." Really? How do you know that? Is that wat they think? Maybe they just know that you are rude, and prejudice and it is blatently obvious. There is quite a rcist untertone in the community as well, the only black family I ever saw was chased right out in a few years. Skinheads in town, Confederate flags, and racist Forums on topix. This is like a down south town in th 1950's with a 1989 style that most people have here. My dream is to escpape this town as soon as I can when I graduate college. I have never even seen another town in the USA, beside some little hick town in Kansas that is meaner on Topix forums than the people who live here. I feel bad for any out of towners who move here, you don't even give them a chance with out labeling them. I know one family that nobody ever talks to because everyone else talks badly about the, but I don't know one person who ever tried to even treat them like real people. They are always super polite to me and my co-workers when I see them. I don't get the people here. I'd pray for your souls, but I'll let God judge you, I'm hoping he can answer my prayers and get me out of here ASAP to escape the hate, and genuine prejudice people who live here.
oldtimer

Ithaca, NY

#35 Sep 10, 2012
To the poster who said that one of the slum lords in Boonville is close to the richest person in town, who would that be?? I am very curious.
go for it

Boonville, NY

#36 Sep 10, 2012
any young complainers here just go for your dreams. You can "get a life" as they say and move away and do good in the world. We try here but it isn't always appreciated. There are alot of good people every where you go. good luck to all of you
Oh Come on

Hadley, NY

#37 Sep 10, 2012
Obviously you've never been to Lowville! LOL! check out their topix forums!
Enough wrote:
The truth is the older people in this town still think its 1952. Most of the people in this town ar SUPER PREJUDICE. I first got the impression people in this town were NICE, Boy was I wrong. For the most part I think the people in the Village are nosy, judgemental and prejudiced. Apparently they fell inferior to people from out of town as well based on the comments on this forum. People from out of town think "they are better than everybody else." Really? How do you know that? Is that wat they think? Maybe they just know that you are rude, and prejudice and it is blatently obvious. There is quite a rcist untertone in the community as well, the only black family I ever saw was chased right out in a few years. Skinheads in town, Confederate flags, and racist Forums on topix. This is like a down south town in th 1950's with a 1989 style that most people have here. My dream is to escpape this town as soon as I can when I graduate college. I have never even seen another town in the USA, beside some little hick town in Kansas that is meaner on Topix forums than the people who live here. I feel bad for any out of towners who move here, you don't even give them a chance with out labeling them. I know one family that nobody ever talks to because everyone else talks badly about the, but I don't know one person who ever tried to even treat them like real people. They are always super polite to me and my co-workers when I see them. I don't get the people here. I'd pray for your souls, but I'll let God judge you, I'm hoping he can answer my prayers and get me out of here ASAP to escape the hate, and genuine prejudice people who live here.
Out Of Town Originally

Boonville, NY

#38 Sep 13, 2012
I have to say to the guy who said anyone who is from out of town "thinks they are better than everyone else." I do not think I am better than "everyone else." But I KNOW I AM BETTER than YOU, and anyone on here talking badly, or anyone who talks about people behind thier back. As far as "getting in people's faces." Is that what you call that, that is wrong? Oh, because that is what you are supposed to do when someone does something, immoral, illegal, or is bullying women or children. Not talk behind thier back, and troll on forums. Also, you want to compare Boonville to Lowville??? UH HELLO??? Because lowville has a negative forum, It is okay for us to do it in Boonville. UHhhh...... LOWVILLE?........REALLY???
haaa

Raquette Lake, NY

#39 Feb 17, 2015
whoop whoop
Randall Flagg

Corinth, NY

#40 Feb 18, 2015
I agree, if those morons want to look like their wardrobe came from a goodwill bin it's nobody's business but their own.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Boonville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Amy kent 10 hr bedazzled 3
Adirondack Sports (Aug '13) 10 hr Disgrace to acs 1,204
Who is the biggest Ho in Boonville 12 hr Frosty 4
Hoodie Man 14 hr Zombie watcher 7
Great American Grocery Store (Mar '13) Fri twinkie stardom 173
Hughes hardware Fri Customer 1
News Boonville man charged Dec 8 ROFL 1

Boonville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance