Dog Leash laws in Boonville

Dog Leash laws in Boonville

Posted in the Boonville Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Honesty

Ilion, NY

#1 Jul 20, 2012
Their are a few people in Boonville who refuse to leash their dogs. I don't own a dog, I dont want your dog pooping or peeing on my lawn because the few of you are to lazy to leash your dog and walk it. There are laws prohibiting this. The few people I know in town refer to the about ten of you who live in the village. They call you white trash. i have to admit it is very TRASHY. Amazing that people with such tie ins to our community are to lazy to walk their dogs and we have to clean the community of their dog's poo. Not to mention all the children that play in the village, I wouldn't want strange dogs running unleashed at my children.
yes yes

Auburn, NY

#2 Jul 21, 2012
whiner
5-0

Ilion, NY

#3 Jul 21, 2012
I agree I have a dog he stays on a runner and when we go for a walk I bring plastic bags just in case. No one wants to walk on there lawn and step in dog shi# . We have a dog control officer and he will follow up on dog complaints so don't hesitate to call him. As for u dog owners with unleashed dog . Leash them or lose them.
polls

Northville, NY

#4 Jul 22, 2012
Boonville has a leash law?
5-0

Ilion, NY

#5 Jul 22, 2012
polls wrote:
Boonville has a leash law?
yea they do. You would never know it tho with all the loose dogs around
Port Leyden

Boonville, NY

#6 Jul 22, 2012
Does anyone know if Port Leyden has a leash law? Or how do I go about finding it out myself? I'm really sick of cleaning up huge piles of dog sh*t because my neighbors are lazy and just let their dog out by himself to relieve itself wherever.
sick

Frankfort, NY

#7 Jul 22, 2012
Port Leyden wrote:
Does anyone know if Port Leyden has a leash law? Or how do I go about finding it out myself? I'm really sick of cleaning up huge piles of dog sh*t because my neighbors are lazy and just let their dog out by himself to relieve itself wherever.
Yes, Port Leyden does have a leash law. Wouldn't know it here either, loose dogs everywhere. Need to do something about this.
Meow

Frankfort, NY

#8 Jul 22, 2012
"I don't want strange dogs running unleashed at my children"

AHHAAHHA strange dogs, OMG.
Another Dog Owner

Ilion, NY

#9 Jul 22, 2012
The four people who disliked this, are the four in tonw who let their dogs run wild. It says a lot about the people who are doing this though. NYS has dog leash laws if your town does not. But let's not call these people trash, let's call them what they really are then, "criminals."

Where's the dog catcher. That's why the kennel is always empty. Give them all tickets.
5-0

Ilion, NY

#10 Jul 23, 2012
Another Dog Owner wrote:
The four people who disliked this, are the four in tonw who let their dogs run wild. It says a lot about the people who are doing this though. NYS has dog leash laws if your town does not. But let's not call these people trash, let's call them what they really are then, "criminals."

Where's the dog catcher. That's why the kennel is always empty. Give them all tickets.
I agree

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#11 Jul 23, 2012
Its about time the law went in effect!!!! Dogs running all around like wild animals!!!!! People start caring for your pets!! Or if not should have not got them in the first place
Howdie

Boonville, NY

#12 Jul 23, 2012
Didn't you know that the laws and codes are not enforced in this area? 1/2 the slum houses in Boonville would be torn down if codes were enforced!
Save your pets

Syracuse, NY

#13 Jul 23, 2012
Unfortunately for your pets they don't understand not to chase and kill my farm animals! They find it fun to run down a chicken or duck or goose and kill it, but not so fun being on the receiving end of the consequences! If you keep your pets under control you wont have to worry about what happened to them when they don't come home!
5-0

Ilion, NY

#14 Jul 23, 2012
Save your pets wrote:
Unfortunately for your pets they don't understand not to chase and kill my farm animals! They find it fun to run down a chicken or duck or goose and kill it, but not so fun being on the receiving end of the consequences! If you keep your pets under control you wont have to worry about what happened to them when they don't come home!
yep Cus you have money tied up in farm animals and u can't afford to lose any
Sooo does this mean

Ilion, NY

#15 Jul 23, 2012
Does this mean the Police, and Do Catcher are going to do their jobs, and ticket thes offenders? Or can we all just shoot at them, since they aren't enforcing the laws here, we can just discharge our rifles out the door at them and take them out. Let's do that, then well see all the lazy dog owners at Dollar General buying leashes, and you will know who the ones breaking the law are.
They are always pulling people over for loud motors though. But the people who let their dogs run free in our town need to be dealt with.
5-0

Ilion, NY

#16 Jul 24, 2012
Sooo does this mean wrote:
Does this mean the Police, and Do Catcher are going to do their jobs, and ticket thes offenders? Or can we all just shoot at them, since they aren't enforcing the laws here, we can just discharge our rifles out the door at them and take them out. Let's do that, then well see all the lazy dog owners at Dollar General buying leashes, and you will know who the ones breaking the law are.
They are always pulling people over for loud motors though. But the people who let their dogs run free in our town need to be dealt with.
good point very well said
Soo does this mean

Ilion, NY

#17 Jul 24, 2012
thanx
Confused

Ilion, NY

#18 Jul 24, 2012
Saw three Bonville Police offices standin round at the fair hanging out with each other (aka Patrolling) eatin cottin candy. But rite fore I walked in and saw that, wild doggie running the streets on Summit.
Life Resident

Ilion, NY

#19 Jul 24, 2012
Agreed. Who is our dog catcher? We do have one right? I have never seen a vehicle? The kennel is always empty? Are we paying this guy? Does he get paid? Do our taxes go to him? Why is he not ever in the Village catching dogs, and handing out tickets? Why are we citizens of wild dogville, uh i mean, boonville, not abel to get the dog catcher to actually "catch" dogs that are running loose?
JBH
#20 Jul 24, 2012
The Boonville kennel is located by the search and rescue building on Rt 12. I believe its a Jenks but I think he has another job also.If he gets a call he responds as quickly as possible. But you have to call.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Boonville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
7,000 for reindeer 21 hr Stephen King 3
Great American Grocery Store (Mar '13) Fri Maybe not 170
Snobs of Boonville (Oct '14) Thu Guess 52
Adirondack Sports (Aug '13) Nov 30 Packers 1,203
White river construction Nov 30 I have 3
Where is meth being cooked? (Oct '13) Nov 30 Ha ha 13
boonville pd Nov 28 ustillwantme 3

Boonville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Boonville Mortgages