First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Skateboarder

Boonville, NY

#1 Oct 23, 2012
Get a better skatepark for the kids that live in Boonville? There are SOME kids who are actually passionate about the sports of Skateboarding and BMX. The one that is there is a Joke. We could put it in the tennis court with doors on it and lock it up every night. But instead they spend our money on new police cars that we don't need.
D James

Cicero, NY

#2 Oct 23, 2012
Skateboarder wrote:
Get a better skatepark for the kids that live in Boonville? There are SOME kids who are actually passionate about the sports of Skateboarding and BMX. The one that is there is a Joke. We could put it in the tennis court with doors on it and lock it up every night. But instead they spend our money on new police cars that we don't need.
I take it then you are a taxpayer that is also a skate boarder? I have a better idea. Send all the skate boarders to Utica to live.
Skateboarder

United States

#3 Oct 23, 2012
I posted this because I think there should be something done about our small skatepark. I wonder... What would sending skateboards to Utica do, James? There skate park is virtually the same. But unlike us they have people that care about parks and recreation and children, therefore they are going to be building a larger skate plaza.
Skateboarder

Boonville, NY

#4 Oct 23, 2012
D James wrote:
<quoted text>I take it then you are a taxpayer that is also a skate boarder? I have a better idea. Send all the skate boarders to Utica to live.
I posted this because I think there should be something done about our small skatepark. I wonder... What would sending skateboards to Utica do, James? There skate park is virtually the same. But unlike us they have people that care about parks and recreation and children, therefore they are going to be building a larger skate plaza.
D James

Cicero, NY

#5 Oct 23, 2012
Then run for Mayor smart guy. Learn to answer a question first though. For the second time are you a taxpayer?
Skateboarder

United States

#6 Oct 23, 2012
D James wrote:
Then run for Mayor smart guy. Learn to answer a question first though. For the second time are you a taxpayer?
I'm to young, D James. I am also to young to be paying taxes but my parents do. I think that should account for something.
Grendel
#7 Oct 23, 2012
D James wrote:
<quoted text>I take it then you are a taxpayer that is also a skate boarder? I have a better idea. Send all the skate boarders to Utica to live.
I used to be a skateboarder in my younger years,and now I am a taxpayer. I would have loved to have a skate park,instead we had to go from parking lot to parking lot being told we could not be there by business owners,BPD,and ignorant people. Considering the kid has a point that we don't need anymore money dumped into an already over staffed police department, or other senseless sh*t, why not put alittle money into it. I've watched some of these kids,and they're good.
D James

United States

#8 Oct 24, 2012
OK heroes. The kids parents should run for mayor or maybe Grendel. Don't bitch on here if you want something done. Take it up at a village board meeting. They have them every month.
grandam

Brant Lake, NY

#9 Oct 24, 2012
looks like a place for kids to hangout and smoke pot and cigarettes to me. i was down there all fall with kids and the swearing and smoking was ridiculous!
yupper

Boonville, NY

#10 Oct 24, 2012
I agree with grandam. There always seems to be the same group of kids there which of course is the group of kids that like to harass and torment other kids that go to the park or to the skatepark.I've even been told that one boy in particular has told other kids its "his park" so stay the hell out or get your a## kicked. Its really sick and pathetic if you ask me. If it wasn't for that nonsense then I think that the skatepark would be good.
Skateboarder

Boonville, NY

#11 Oct 24, 2012
yupper wrote:
I agree with grandam. There always seems to be the same group of kids there which of course is the group of kids that like to harass and torment other kids that go to the park or to the skatepark.I've even been told that one boy in particular has told other kids its "his park" so stay the hell out or get your a## kicked. Its really sick and pathetic if you ask me. If it wasn't for that nonsense then I think that the skatepark would be good.
The exact reason that maybe we could put it in the upper tennis courts and lock it up every night. Maybe the cops could check on it once or twice a day. Unless of course that would be too much out of their schedule. Also there's kids that swear and smoke everywhere. The thing is, is that there are also kids that love these sports and wish to progress. At the skatepark we have now that's nearly impossible.
mickey

United States

#12 Oct 24, 2012
and the girls that hang out down there dont they have PARENTS?????????if my daughter was down there id ring her neck!
Skateboarder

Boonville, NY

#13 Oct 24, 2012
mickey wrote:
and the girls that hang out down there dont they have PARENTS?????????if my daughter was down there id ring her neck!
The point is we just want more room and better and more ramps. I can't control the people that hang out there. I go there to skate and have fun because that's what I love to do. I don't smoke and just hang out there. But if you read my earlier comments, there are ways we could help make it better.
Gov Eyeballs

Gloversville, NY

#14 Oct 24, 2012
I have absolutely no problem with some of my local taxes going to something like this. I mean, for Chr*st sake, we already pay for life long medical benefits for one term morons in Albany and Washington, don't we? Having grown up elsewhere,(Nassau County), I can say that having something like this might have kept my a$$ off the streets a little more. BTW, I do not have any heartburn about my taxes going for a new Police car, either.......even if it's a part-time, half-assed PD as such.
argh

New York, NY

#15 Oct 24, 2012
im too old and nasty to skateboard...but i pay taxes
do you hear me whining about having my money go into your skate park??? nobody asked me either..try saing thanks instead of crying like a spoiled baby..if i want something i have to get it myself...
and no..your parents paying taxes dont mean anything more than my paying taxes
Skateboarder

United States

#16 Oct 24, 2012
argh wrote:
im too old and nasty to skateboard...but i pay taxes
do you hear me whining about having my money go into your skate park??? nobody asked me either..try saing thanks instead of crying like a spoiled baby..if i want something i have to get it myself...
and no..your parents paying taxes dont mean anything more than my paying taxes
... I don't think that kids wanting a bigger and better skatepark is being greedy at all. If its something we love why not help us out a bit. Is it greedy for the baseball teams to get a better field, dugouts, etc? Also do you guys see any of the kids down here smoking pot with bikes or skateboards? Probably not. Boonville used to have a decent skatepark... THAT was in the tennis court. Who knows what happened to the ramps.
i agree with

Boonville, NY

#17 Oct 24, 2012
I agree with skateboarder. This town need a good sk8 park. That would b a lot of fun.
Grendel
#18 Oct 24, 2012
D James wrote:
OK heroes. The kids parents should run for mayor or maybe Grendel. Don't bitch on here if you want something done. Take it up at a village board meeting. They have them every month.
That seems alittle more senseable than telling them to go to Utica,what does running for mayor have to do with anything? Isn't it up to the board? Sorry D I'm not smart enough to be mayor,but I do know I'd rather see these kids at a skate park rather than on the streets getting into trouble
Skateboarder

Boonville, NY

#19 Oct 24, 2012
Grendel wrote:
<quoted text>That seems alittle more senseable than telling them to go to Utica,what does running for mayor have to do with anything? Isn't it up to the board? Sorry D I'm not smart enough to be mayor,but I do know I'd rather see these kids at a skate park rather than on the streets getting into trouble
Exactly. I also don't really get what running for mayor would do.
Gov Eyeballs

Gloversville, NY

#20 Oct 24, 2012
Skateboarder wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly. I also don't really get what running for mayor would do.
Running for Mayor would do nothing. He's got a problem.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Boonville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Boonville subway high employees 44 min John 2
Now harassing ex's 50 min Scumbubble 4
Not sure 1 hr Scumbubble 7
Who is the easiest to nail in the area ? 1 hr Scot 14
Hughes hardware 1 hr Angry 1
Husbands that cheat 22 hr Boots 2
Dating game 22 hr Popeye 3

Boonville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Boonville Mortgages