First Prev
of 8
Next Last
Gross

Chittenango, NY

#1 Nov 14, 2009
To anyone that plans on eating there I will forewarn you...don't waste your money. Owners did circles around us like we were not even there (almost like they were better than us),waitresses don't have a clue about menu items, and besides the food was horrible...cold, misrepresented, and discusting. My outlook: They won't last long in Boonville.
Fig Leaf

Frankfort, NY

#2 Nov 14, 2009
The food was tasty, a bit expensive. Still no one has tried to cut down the noise level. I'd like to see someone be successful here, but they are going to have to do better. Go and see for yourself, and make your own choice.
Fester

Keeseville, NY

#3 Nov 14, 2009
Gross wrote:
To anyone that plans on eating there I will forewarn you...don't waste your money. Owners did circles around us like we were not even there (almost like they were better than us),waitresses don't have a clue about menu items, and besides the food was horrible...cold, misrepresented, and discusting. My outlook: They won't last long in Boonville.
Maybe this could be it: Perhaps YOU are horrible, cold, misreprented, and disgusting. There, problem solved.

I will try them out for myself. Thanks anyway.
Fester

Keeseville, NY

#4 Nov 14, 2009
Fig Leaf wrote:
The food was tasty, a bit expensive. Still no one has tried to cut down the noise level. I'd like to see someone be successful here, but they are going to have to do better. Go and see for yourself, and make your own choice.
They certainly deserve a chance. Let's give them one.
ohh

Durhamville, NY

#5 Nov 14, 2009
We got a take out order from there this evening and it wasn't too bad. Paid about $60 to feed 4 adults and 2 teens which to us isn't too bad considering the amount of food we got compared to what we would have paid for a couple pizzas and some wings. The only negatives the meal got was the bbq sauce because it just had too much vinegar to our liking and the corn bread was just okay. All in all though I think it was well worth the money and I hope they make it for the long haul.
Gross

Chittenango, NY

#6 Nov 15, 2009
I'll try anything once but with the economy the way it is I can't afford to throw my money away for food and service that sucked. When we walked in we were told by the male owner to sit wherever we wanted. Fine. When I asked what the soup of the day was the waitress said.French onion (which I love) so I ordered that and loaded nachos. She soon brought me out what looked to be rice soup in a beef broth??? No french onion there. I sent it back as I am not a fan of rice brothy soup. I asked for chili instead. To say the least I will never have that again. Our meal came out and the nachos looked like they had been through a blender. Nothing special for sure! I was just very unimpressed and also a little embarassed as my husband wanted to go to Buffalo Head (where we always have a good meal) but I suggested Crazy J's. My bad. We went out to the bar to pay and the male owner came out and told us to sit wherever we wanted again???? My husband told him that we just wanted to pay our bill. He said, "oh, did you have a take out order?" Ah let's see NO, we just ate in your restaurant! We were one of the 3 tables eating in the dining room. I guess had he aand his partner circled the dining room like most new owners do they would realize that yes indeed we were in there. Duh! As we were walking out the female owner was bringing out nachos to a lady she obviously knew that were still steaming. I'll never go back which I'm sure is fine with them cause they won't realize we are there anyways. Good luck to everyone else, we'll stick with Buffalo Head.
mr food

Chittenango, NY

#7 Nov 15, 2009
my wife and i have eatin there 3 times and it has been very good
Advertise

Gloversville, NY

#8 Nov 15, 2009
They should advertise more, I didn't know they were open or what kind of restaurant they are.
Gross

Chittenango, NY

#9 Nov 15, 2009
mr food wrote:
my wife and i have eatin there 3 times and it has been very good
Maybe we just caught them on a bad day then. I would have thought for being a new restaurant in town that they would go above and beyond, however, I was mistaken. I just won't go back is all.
mr food

Chittenango, NY

#10 Nov 15, 2009
all new places have growing pains give them a chance
Black Dog in Yellow House

Indian Lake, NY

#11 Nov 15, 2009
mr food wrote:
all new places have growing pains give them a chance
You are very wise. The worse time to judge a restaurant is during the first 3 weeks. Growing pains are evident.
yumm

Ilion, NY

#12 Nov 15, 2009
Gross wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe we just caught them on a bad day then. I would have thought for being a new restaurant in town that they would go above and beyond, however, I was mistaken. I just won't go back is all.
you made your point the first post why keep on?just like to bash?
Gross

Chittenango, NY

#14 Nov 16, 2009
Obviously you don't have a clue because no, Buffalo Head didn't put me up to anything. The proof is in the pudding so if you have yet to eat at Crazy J's then you will see that I am right.
Master Debater

Canajoharie, NY

#15 Nov 16, 2009
Thank goodness we have a restaurant back in town versus the regulars. Let's all give them a boost and try to attend over the next three weeks. I don't think the complainer is from the Buffalo Head. They are secure in the fact that they are a success. I think I do know where it came from. Shame on them.
Give them a chance

Saint Johnsville, NY

#16 Nov 16, 2009
Most people know that the first few weeks any restaurant is open it is crazy. They deserve a chance to prove themselves. I personaly haven't ate there yet but have heard many good things.Good food, resonable prices, large servings, and very friendly people. I plan on trying them over the weekend and I hope people will read this and give them a try.
well then

Ilion, NY

#17 Nov 16, 2009
Gross wrote:
Obviously you don't have a clue because no, Buffalo Head didn't put me up to anything. The proof is in the pudding so if you have yet to eat at Crazy J's then you will see that I am right.
my boys went there with there gals and said it was great.obviously your taste is in your azz.i will try it my self friday and let you all know.
hahaha

Syracuse, NY

#18 Nov 17, 2009
Gross wrote:
Obviously you don't have a clue because no, Buffalo Head didn't put me up to anything. The proof is in the pudding so if you have yet to eat at Crazy J's then you will see that I am right.
Well apparently you just don’t have good taste then because the BH is probably one of the worst places to eat in our area. I went to Crazy J’s and was happy with my meal. It came out hot and was delicious. The waitress was a little lacking when it came to the menu, but hey the place is new. As for the owners, they came around and checked on our table twice, and asked us again about our meals on the way out. Lastly you’re complaining the owner asked if you had a takeout order when you went to the bar to pay your bill? I am guessing because that’s where people go when they do have takeout orders. People that eat in, generally sit at the table they ate at and pay the waitress when she gives you the bill. O but that’s right you like the BH where they have you go to a counter to pay your bill. I guess I understand how that could confuse a simple mind like yours, especially since you don’t frequent a quality restaurant
agree

Fort Plain, NY

#19 Nov 17, 2009
I love the food at CRAZY JOES! Welcome to town! I did go away hungry but than again I do eat larger portions than most! Keep up the good work!
HWM

Boonville, NY

#20 Nov 17, 2009
People in Boonville sure are touchy if you criticize a local business. I haven't been to Crazy J's yet but I like BBQ and I will get there.

But when I complained about the Park House (first owners) people got downright hostile. The prices were too high and the food sucked.

I'm all for supporting local business but they still have to supply a quality product at competitive prices.

If Gross didn't like the food/service, that's his opinion and he's entitled to it.
Gross

Chittenango, NY

#21 Nov 17, 2009
HWM wrote:
People in Boonville sure are touchy if you criticize a local business. I haven't been to Crazy J's yet but I like BBQ and I will get there.
But when I complained about the Park House (first owners) people got downright hostile. The prices were too high and the food sucked.
I'm all for supporting local business but they still have to supply a quality product at competitive prices.
If Gross didn't like the food/service, that's his opinion and he's entitled to it.
Thank you. I also thought that we were all entitled to our own opinion. Guess not. In a way I guess that I was trying to give a little insight on a new restaurant just in case people that don't have alot of money to waste (like myself) wanted to have a decent meal. When we take our children out to eat it is considered a rare occasion & a special one. It's hard to spend $50 on a meal and still walk away hungry and disappointed. I apologize to anyone that is so close minded that they cannot understand that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Boonville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Boonville Farmers Market 10 hr nono 2
manager at tops 13 hr Manager 8
Snobs of Boonville (Oct '14) Mon skidoo 46
mercers ice cream Mon baseball 17
Book Sellers from "Florida" Sun Phonies 1
boonville fitness center Jul 22 vats 13
lyons falls farmers market - riverside park - t... Jul 21 woodgirl 3

Boonville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Boonville Mortgages