teachers with guns in classrooms?

Posted in the Boonville Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
matthew

San Jose, CA

#1 Dec 20, 2012
im not writing this to get stupid answers, i would just like to know what the thought is on the talk of teachers having guns in classrooms to be safe? i have mixed feelings about this?i wonder what opiouns of teachers are?
djfbfd

Remsen, NY

#2 Dec 20, 2012
I'm not sure that is the answer either.. What if a student gets ahold of it or if the teacher misinterpits a threat.
I am all for metal detectors-bullet proof glass on class room doors. Even bullet proof doors on classrooms. Even thou it will cost the district to install these options it is still safer than guns in school.
That way if a gunman does get into schools they cannot get into the rooms to hurt the students or the teachers..
1 shopper

North Creek, NY

#3 Dec 20, 2012
I don't agree it's not a prison it's a school.that could put other sudents in jeopardy
matthew

San Jose, CA

#4 Dec 20, 2012
Thats what im thinking djfbfd, that and more security, its worth the price!I can just see a freak accident of a random teacher going crazy and shooting a kid or vice versa,I can just see nothing but bad happening with guns in the classroom.
sam the sham

United States

#5 Dec 20, 2012
I think the school shootings are more and more frequent ....and I think arming teachers is a good idea.... people who want to shoot children are not the bravest people on earth ... if they thought the teachers had guns it might be a deterrent.
Vinnie Bag A Donuts

Northville, NY

#6 Dec 20, 2012
I think they should ban all assault weapons. The Constitution was ratified in 1789. You can't tell me the founding fathers of this country had assault weapons in mind when they came up with the 2nd amendment. These weapons are not made to kill deer, they're made to kill people. They belong in the military, not in the hands of general public. And you can't tell me that we need assault weapons with 30 rounds to keep our homes safe either. The idea of putting weapons in the hands of teachers is absolutely insane. I'm tired of hearing about rights and freedoms! Nobody is taking awawy anyone's freedom by banning assault weapons.The 6 year olds in Sandy Hook Elementary had a right to life too...didn't they???
bill

Boonville, NY

#7 Dec 20, 2012
don't ban guns, ban piss-poor parenting! a $500.00 gun safe would have prevented that tragedy! don't give your kids the combination!!!
will

San Jose, CA

#8 Dec 20, 2012
they did have a cabinet he broke into it while she was gone
average player

Boonville, NY

#9 Dec 20, 2012
Assault weapons are banned !
know

North Creek, NY

#10 Dec 20, 2012
stop playing on words. assault weapons obviously aren't banned. you are referring to fully automatic weapons. small comfort when the assault style weapons can hold anywhere from 30-100 rounds.

interesting that we can only have three shots in our clip when we hunt deer, but these non-hunting guns are unlimted. ban the effing things.
bill

Boonville, NY

#11 Dec 21, 2012
not a gun cabinet, a gun safe. fireproof, waterproof and foolproof if you keep it locked!
hmmm

Boonville, NY

#12 Dec 21, 2012
5 shots not 3.
sam the sham

Summerville, SC

#13 Dec 21, 2012
i agree on the assault weapons ban.. the assault weapon and body armor have become a uniform for nutjobs living a fantasy..like theyre warriors righting imagined wrongs...the game "doom"
Vinny Bag A Donuts

Frankfort, NY

#14 Dec 21, 2012
NRA just called for an armed police officer in every school. How stupid is that? Who's going to pay for that?
1. Get rid of the assault weapons.
2 Parents, keep your guns locked.
More guns is not the answer NRA.
BTW, most republicans in congress haven't commented on the Sandy Hook shooting. They were waiting on talking points from the NRA. That says it all.
sam the sham

United States

#15 Dec 21, 2012
There are too many automatics out there already and . and their growing more numerous....so are the whackjobs. Can you imagine how those kids and teachers felt seeing this clown walk into the school in armor and
armed to the teeth?????? Sometbing has to be done....as it is our kids are a unprotected from these animals.
Vinny Bag a Donuts

Frankfort, NY

#16 Dec 21, 2012
ok....if there was a serious disease going around..and most of our chldren have not been affected yet...What do we do? Give it to the teachers or send with the disease people into the school....or we work on a vaccine to rid ourselves of the disease??????
Vinny Bag a Donuts

Frankfort, NY

#17 Dec 21, 2012
LET ME try this again
ok....if there was a serious disease going around..and most of our chldren have not been affected yet...What do we do? Give the disease to the teachers or send people with the disease into the schools?....or we work on a vaccine to rid ourselves of the disease??????
The answer seems obvious to me.
Amazing

Framingham, MA

#18 Dec 21, 2012
I don't personally like assault rifles, but banning them is not the answer, but banning them is not the answer. Armed guards should be posted at the entrance of all schools and possibly bulletproof glass..
Amazing

Framingham, MA

#19 Dec 21, 2012
Vinny Bag a Donuts wrote:
ok....if there was a serious disease going around..and most of our chldren have not been affected yet...What do we do? Give it to the teachers or send with the disease people into the school....or we work on a vaccine to rid ourselves of the disease??????
working in a vaccine would be a great answer, It's called stop raising our children to be mass murders, stop pussafying them with all these video games, tv's & computers and allow God back into our schools.
sam the sham

United States

#20 Dec 21, 2012
I see the whakos not caring whats banned...they can get em if they got the money...after all murder is also not allowed....i can see a school instituting. Security systems..get the lids thru a metal detector
Once all are cleared and accounted...lock it down....no one in or out till 3pm....mntain a perimeter..
The reason tbe kids get targeted...is thst they are very important and very unprotected..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Boonville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Local Robberies 5 hr Local 4
freedom of sppech 10 hr John 2
lyons falls farmers market - riverside park - t... 12 hr woodgirl 2
Great American Grocery Store (Mar '13) 19 hr papa ricker 144
Does anybody know?????? 20 hr jersey 2
delta flooring boonville (Jul '13) Tue John 77
Kenny hoage Tue Dan 1

Boonville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance