Homer

United States

#21 Dec 29, 2009
WBRV is great if you want to find out who in town got hit with a hub cap.
You Read It Here

Ilion, NY

#22 Dec 29, 2009
WBRV is a hometown station. Locally owned and operated. And that's the way it should be. This is a true BRV story. A few years ago an older friend of my family who lives out in the country, was home alone when her water pump burt out. Her husband was up in the woods cutting firewood and wouldn't be home 'til dark. She needed to get intouch with him and didn't know exactly where he was, nor did he have a cell phone. She knew he'd have his truck radio on listening to BRV, so she called the station and had them announce to her husband that he needed to get home right away. It worked! He heard it and got home in time to put in a new pump before dinner! Now ya don't hear that happen from a FROG!
Chicken Wings

Lowville, NY

#23 Dec 30, 2009
It's hard for Brian to eat AND do the news at the same time... Give him a break!!! He has fitness standards to uphold...
Fig Leaf

Frankfort, NY

#24 Dec 30, 2009
Give WBRV a break. This is a station serving a local community. You can go across the dial anywhere in the country and you won't find another station like it.
The reindeer? We are the ONLY community to have reandeer and Santa all through the Christmas shopping season. Over 1500 little children saw Santa, and that is priceless. The reindeer are expensive, but the loss to the community would be even greater without them. If people would only give a couple of dollars each, we could guarantee that Santa and the reindeer are back next year.
You Read It Here

Ilion, NY

#25 Dec 30, 2009
I know the Chamber usually sponsors the reindeer...and it's expensive. Maybe a good money maker would be to have "Christmas in August" and have a special event to raise the money...like on Woodsmen's Weekend.
survivor

United States

#26 Dec 30, 2009
eat the reindeer!
Louise

Syracuse, NY

#27 Dec 30, 2009
WBRV did so something for the needy, they announced for the Office of the Aging the "Secret Santa" program this year.
Is that something that should be sweeped under the rug?
Moosetta

United States

#28 Dec 30, 2009
Give it up you guys who think that WBRV owes you something. This radio station does more "Community Service" at no cost than any other station around. No - I don't work for them but I know that they are 'Our radio station'. What have the reindeer got to do with the station. It is the local agencies and churches and organizations who use WBRV's Community services. If you want to complain about reindeer; dog food needs or even the office for the againg event then call these agencies directly. In other words: Don't shoot the messenger ust because you don't like the message.
Zippy

United States

#29 Jan 17, 2010
It is worth noting and COMPLIMENTING here that WBRV Radio has been making announcements about the air quality - or lack there of - in Boonville and surrounding areas due to the stench of the landfill aka DUMP. You can go to their web-site www.TheMoose.net get the phone numbers you should call to register your complaint. Topix will not allow the posting of phone numbers and that is why you have to go to www.TheMoose.net for them.

We drove through on Rt 294 the other night and again gadded and held our breath till we passed 'Hans Graveyard' aka the dump.
let it go

United States

#30 Jan 17, 2010
I'm just thankful we have this radio station in the north country. It doesn't matter if someone makes mistakes. we all do and that's what makes us all unique.
Tell me

United States

#31 Feb 7, 2010
Tell me how the owner can stumble through the market place ads as bad as he does, and the business's keep giving money to him. Also if the cheap guy had paid for two BUSINESS lines, the show would not have to stop because of phone line trouble. WBRV at its best.
Snowflames

United States

#32 Feb 10, 2010
Tell me wrote:
Tell me how the owner can stumble through the market place ads as bad as he does, and the business's keep giving money to him. Also if the cheap guy had paid for two BUSINESS lines, the show would not have to stop because of phone line trouble. WBRV at its best.
Oh did babykins miss his/her chance to get a Market Place deal and now they are mad? Don't fret cause you can still go to the Pub. Sore loser.
What

AOL

#33 Feb 10, 2010
If I was the person in charge of the Weight Watchers Ad, I would cancel it on WBRV. The other morning George said something rude about what they talk about at the Weight Watchers meetings. Something about breaking a scale. Totally uncalled for and very unprofessional.
Bubba

United States

#34 Feb 10, 2010
Dana Crouse Rocks!
big one

Ilion, NY

#35 Feb 11, 2010
What wrote:
If I was the person in charge of the Weight Watchers Ad, I would cancel it on WBRV. The other morning George said something rude about what they talk about at the Weight Watchers meetings. Something about breaking a scale. Totally uncalled for and very unprofessional.
lose weight than you fat ass.
Elliot

United States

#36 Feb 11, 2010
Will the new place the station is building still have great local news? Are they hiring new people? Love the station because it is so local and home townie.
Fozdick

Poland, NY

#37 Feb 25, 2010
Signal is gone. Did they go off the air?
Meow

Northville, NY

#38 Feb 25, 2010
It is the new and improved tower they installed last week, what a joke.
Your joking

United States

#39 Feb 25, 2010
Listener wrote:
YOU TWO ARE JUST AS STUPID AS THE ANNOUNCER ON THE MOOSE.Both of you, go get your teeth in. It is now time to soak your toast in you coffee. You inbred hillbilly's.
I love this statement, "go get your teeth in" (this sentence is written like your from the back woods of Forestport), and the ever so cleverly written, "soak your toast in you coffee." (where is the "r")
Wow, you are such a piece of work Listener that I want you to write more comments so that I can keep reading your stupid inbred hillbilly, misspelled, ass-nine comments.
Love it

United States

#40 Feb 25, 2010
I love the station! We are so lucky to have them. Anyone who wants to gripe on here needs to find something else to do.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Boonville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Another one bites the dust! 1 hr Oke 11
Covey Refrigeration property 13 hr Itspppp 2
So how's the drugs 16 hr Millie451 1
Haha baby daddies 16 hr Millie451 1
News Five more people arrested from Lewis County dru... Sun Minx 3
vol.firemen Sun fire fighter 3
Adirondack Sports (Aug '13) Jan 21 Basketball 1,215

Boonville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance