geese on millers woods rd

Posted in the Boonville Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
chaz

Dallas, TX

#1 Apr 18, 2011
What's up with the geese being kept at that farm on millers woods rd? Everytime I go by they are out in the rd and nearly cause an accident. Something needs to be done about this before someone gets hurt.
really

Ilion, NY

#2 Apr 18, 2011
who gives a flying f@#k, are you that board?you cant find something better to do with your time than get on here and bitch about geese?i have to say this is the dumbest thing i have ever seen on this peace of sh#T topix.
twinkie

Chicago, IL

#3 Apr 18, 2011
chaz wrote:
What's up with the geese being kept at that farm on millers woods rd? Everytime I go by they are out in the rd and nearly cause an accident. Something needs to be done about this before someone gets hurt.
Which house?
twinkie

Chicago, IL

#4 Apr 18, 2011
really wrote:
who gives a flying f@#k, are you that board?you cant find something better to do with your time than get on here and bitch about geese?i have to say this is the dumbest thing i have ever seen on this peace of sh#T topix.
It sure sounds better than you bitching about Sunoco. I wonder if you are the owner of the geese. Ahhh, the pieces of the puzzle are falling into place.
CHUCK

Ilion, NY

#5 Apr 18, 2011
Thems my geese and theys fly anywear theys please. Quit cuzing truble with thems. YOU HERE!
concerned citizen

Norton, MA

#6 Apr 18, 2011
Although I agree this is not the proper placed to present his complaint, Chaz has a point... It is dangerous. I know the geese he is talking about. They are right on a corner. It's very dangerous for someone who isn't expecting there to be 20 geese in the middle of the road.. Just saying
earnhart

Frankfort, NY

#7 Apr 19, 2011
Hit the friggin things. You don't have to report a truck goose.
hoho

Thailand

#8 Apr 19, 2011
Who owns the geese?
hoho

Thailand

#9 Apr 19, 2011
really wrote:
Didn't you have a lot to say about Sunoco awhile back? Do you own the geese or your parents or whatever?
MTBTONC

Utica, NY

#10 Apr 20, 2011
earnhart wrote:
Hit the friggin things. You don't have to report a truck goose.
You may want to think twice about hitting them! I think you'll find geese are somewhat like turkeys, if you slow down they will meander along out of your way, but if you come up on them fast "they will fly up" and unfortunately you will be making a report for insurance or eating the cost of a new windshield or perhaps far worse! If you know they may be there, what to hell is the big deal, just slow down! It could just as easily be kids in the road!
cactus jack

Frisco, TX

#11 Apr 21, 2011
That may be fine for those who know they are there but what about someone Who doesn't know they are there.. I am an animal lover and I don't think it's fair to the geese to let them play in traffic when they don't know enough to get out of the road... I have 3 dogs and I keep then on a leesh because I'm afraid they will go into the rd and get hit or cause an accident. I don't thing geese or cows or emus or any animal should be any different..
Golden Goose

United States

#12 Apr 21, 2011
Couldn't have said it better myself, Chaz. I think these people should get a fence for their geese. I should not have to nearly swerve off the road or slide on ice to stop for a goose in the middle of the road!
Hope to see something done about this soon!!
Yapper

United States

#13 Apr 21, 2011
Ok people, your driving down the road and a deer is in the road or jumps out in front of you, so now its the home owners fault because the deer is in front of their home? You can NOT pen up the wild geese anymore than you can do so with a deer or any other form of nature! Most of those that run that road know they are there so BE PERPARED! Maybe even pulling your damn foot out of the accelerator and STOP being in such a hurry to get where your going and enjoy the peice of wild that YOU get to see each day! There are many that would LOVE to see that! You CANT control the wild things in nature but you can control taking the time to enjoy them!
ryan guy stir fry

Cortland, NY

#14 Apr 21, 2011
chaz i think your should get out of your car and take the geese home they will make a wonderful meal finders keepers loser weepers roll tide?
milk milk lemonade

United States

#15 Apr 22, 2011
I am glad to see this posting as it's been annoying me for some time... I nearly hit one last Friday and while I slowed down to a complete stop, the goose turned and honked at me like it was my fault!!! If you want to enjoy the "Peace of the wild" go to the Utica zoo.
canadian honkturds

United States

#16 Apr 22, 2011
Yapper wrote:
Ok people, your driving down the road and a deer is in the road or jumps out in front of you, so now its the home owners fault because the deer is in front of their home? You can NOT pen up the wild geese anymore than you can do so with a deer or any other form of nature! Most of those that run that road know they are there so BE PERPARED! Maybe even pulling your damn foot out of the accelerator and STOP being in such a hurry to get where your going and enjoy the peice of wild that YOU get to see each day! There are many that would LOVE to see that! You CANT control the wild things in nature but you can control taking the time to enjoy them!
They're not wild geese the people bought them and they're going to have to buy more after they all get hit.
Yapper

United States

#17 Apr 22, 2011
Intresting...You seem so involved about the geese that you can post the details of weather they are wild or domestic, bought or just appeared? Do you consume yourself so much into anothers life that there are details within your own that are missed? Its common knowledge that the geese are there, slow down watch out for them period! Its truly not that hard to respect the choice a peice of nature has choosen for its path! Its truly not YOUR territory they have choosen for their path, its theirs! As for the peice of wild and going to the zoo, thats not the wild or peice of nature thats humans caging up nature for our own amusement. How would you all appreciate living in a cage! In the zoo they have become dependant on humans that isn't the wild nor is it nature!
the magic motion

United States

#18 Apr 22, 2011
You are missing the point rahtard. The point is the path they have "chose" is dangerous. The fact that you know they are there is irrelevant. My friend russell was driving through there recently and was not expending 10 geese to be standing in the road and almost met his maker... This is exactly why it's illegal to feed deer by the road. It's dangerous for people driving. These devil birds are no different... They think they own the road. It's noootttttt riiiiiiiiight
would u like at this

Cortland, NY

#19 Apr 22, 2011
i would just stop get out of the car and say would u look at this just look at them all these geese would you look at this
Yapper

United States

#20 Apr 22, 2011
Oh how pleasant it is to see you resort to highschool name calling! Thank you for reminding me that no matter how old we are we can still have high school bull! I am so very impressed with your lack spelling as well the correct spelling is RETARD! If you must call me names spell them correctly! The entire point is you can NOT control the wild or mother nature! I suppose that you also feel you can stop or control a hurricane as well? Better yet you can stop deer from jumping out in front of you as well? There are somethings in life you can control and other things you can't, and the things you can't you learn to deal with and accept or manage to live with. At least the geese are not a surprise as a deer would be...Is either event safe NO but it is beyond human control! You have to accept the things you can NOT change and use your time more wisely changing the things you can!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Boonville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The shyte you talk 36 min Payme 3
SL_TS of the woodsman field da_s😉 1 hr Blood pressure 4
Adirondack Sports (Aug '13) 7 hr Collin Phils 1,268
Is mike l single 11 hr Add 5
Kids left in car 17 hr end of the world 14
Post Street fire Fri Boogitty 4
Hypocrisy Fri Yup 1

Boonville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance