Williamstown, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

I understand that Boonville has hired a Syracuse University group to come up wit ideas to improve Boonville and tourist interest. Well, has anyone watched Market Warriors? I think an really good, weekly Flea Market where people could just pull up in their cars, set up a table and sell their items would be a great attraction. We've had some weak attempts before but it has to be open for all the area residents and vendors. Usually a spot at one of these markets is $5.00 a day for one car/ small truck. Just a suggestion.
great

Boonville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Great idea,get it started!
a parent

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

Got Tons of Stuff wrote:
I understand that Boonville has hired a Syracuse University group to come up wit ideas to improve Boonville and tourist interest. Well, has anyone watched Market Warriors? I think an really good, weekly Flea Market where people could just pull up in their cars, set up a table and sell their items would be a great attraction. We've had some weak attempts before but it has to be open for all the area residents and vendors. Usually a spot at one of these markets is $5.00 a day for one car/ small truck. Just a suggestion.
This would be awesome...I'd be there!
Got Tons of Stuff

Williamstown, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Does anyone know who we send this suggestion to? I know there was a meeting a while back but we couldn't make it. Is there an address for making submissions? Any suggestions of where to hold it? It would require electricity (maybe), toilets, shelter (sometimes) and maybe a food vendor. The fairgrounds wouldn't work because of the fair and Woodsmens - just saying.
bill

Boonville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

i would like to see a sportsmans swap meet! buy sell or trade boats, campers, 4-wheelers snowmobiles trailers fishing tackle camping gear or whatever you have. guns and ammo would be hard to do with the new laws. there would be something for everybody and the potential to grow. i don't know of anywhere else that is doing it!
Got Tons of Stuff

Williamstown, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

bill wrote:
i would like to see a sportsmans swap meet! buy sell or trade boats, campers, 4-wheelers snowmobiles trailers fishing tackle camping gear or whatever you have. guns and ammo would be hard to do with the new laws. there would be something for everybody and the potential to grow. i don't know of anywhere else that is doing it!
Those are great ideas and could be part of a regular flea market. Sometime vendors have permanent spots indoors while the cars/trucks park outside. Oh but where oh where is the best place in Boonville? Any suggestions?
Jake

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

How about bringing different vendors to the Adirondack Trail Blazers baseball games in the summer. They draw good crowds and a lot people go to the games.
Got Tons of Stuff

Lake Luzerne, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

What great ideas! Does anyone know how to get these suggestions to the right people who can get this thing started? Was there ever an address to submit ideas to? How about getting them to the town board or Mayor Kramer?
messy

Boonville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Let jennifer shcoomaker know
Skipping the tune

Lake Luzerne, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

messy wrote:
Let jennifer shcoomaker know
How and where does one find her?
messy

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

not sure look in phone book or call the insruance office
Maybe

Boonville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

Got Tons of Stuff wrote:
<quoted text>Those are great ideas and could be part of a regular flea market. Sometime vendors have permanent spots indoors while the cars/trucks park outside. Oh but where oh where is the best place in Boonville? Any suggestions?
Maybe the former Chase's Place on Main St. A parking lot on side of building is already there. Municipal parking out back. What about the old Carbone car building and lot? Great parking, indoor & outdoor room available. Erwin Park, maybe? The pavillion area, the ball field area, and there's a restroom on site. Fairgrounds? Room inside & outside. Great parking and also decent restrooms. Village Square also.
Got Tons of Stuff

Lake Luzerne, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

How about where the old desserted golf, putting place is. Tons of room there and maybe the electric & toilets work. But I have no idea who owns it. The thing is I hope those who have the power to do something like this can get it going somewhere good.
Chamber of Commerce

Venice, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

Erwin ...typo. sorry
MAYBE

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Maybe you should put up barricades at the village lines and advertise Boonville as a "GHOST" TOWN, that's what it's becoming slowly. With the taxes and electic steadily on the rise it won't be long before this area is no longer known for the cheap cost of living it use to be.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 15 of15
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

11 Users are viewing the Boonville Forum right now

Search the Boonville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Ava Landfill has been positive for Boonville (May '08) 53 min sam de sham 42
NY Who do you support for Comptroller in New York ... (Oct '10) 10 hr Taxpayer 434
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 10 hr Taxpayer 6,183
NY Who do you support for U.S. Senate in New York ... (Oct '10) 10 hr positronium 6,276
Adirondack Sports (Aug '13) 19 hr elvispresleyfan 194
Where sexy clubwear supplier Thu Your Fired 2
Dunkin donuts in Boonville? (Aug '13) Thu Slim 18
•••
•••
•••
•••

Boonville Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Boonville People Search