3 teens charged after traffic stop

Posted in the Boonville Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
wtf

Chittenango, NY

#1 May 23, 2012
3-19 year old subjects were charged following a traffic stop on State Route 12 in the Village of Boonville. Boonville Police report that Denver Divens of Lee Center was charged with operating with inadequate plate lights & unlawful possession of marijuana. Jared Wiedmer & Kelsey O’Connor, both of Boonville, were charged with unlawful possession of marijuana & unlawful possession of an alcoholic beverage by a person under 21 years of age with intent to consume. All charges are returnable to Village of Boonville Court June 6th.
yoder

Johnsburg, NY

#2 May 25, 2012
Poor guys just wanted to toke some weed wtf!!!
Drive straight

Caroga Lake, NY

#3 May 25, 2012
You can be sure this won't make the Boonville Herald...at least with the names intact. More drunk/drugged vehicle operators/passengers the public has to dodge on the roadways. This might be worth attending June 6th, just to watch the almost non-existant Boonville justice system and their 6 hour Albany course.....a good laugh all-around.
news

United States

#4 May 26, 2012
I heard the names on the radio station. Atleast the moose has some balls. How can the herald call itself a news paper? Those kids made a big mistake, hopefully their friends will think twice.
parent of 2 teenage boys

AOL

#5 May 28, 2012
You know you people on Topix are idiots!!! It's like you can't waite to see what's on here next to bash. These kids did do something wrong, very wrong. Thank God nobody got hurt or worse. But they are kids and kids {as we did when we were kids} do dumb things and make bad choices. Hopefully they learn from it, some do, some don't My 2 boy's know these kids, they are good kids, I know them and have known the 2 boy's since they were in Minor League and Little League. I coached both of them. They are not bad kids, did they do wrong? YOU BETCHA!!! and they should pay dearly for it. But, to get on here and just bad mouth them, like YOU PEOPLE do everything else is just WRONG. I'm sure if it was your kid you wouldn't want everybody talking about them, just like if it was mine. And NO none of these kids are mine!!! Everyone would better off if they would mind THEIR own buisness, instead of jumping on here and bashing everyone and everything. My mother ALWAYS told me" As long as you are raising kids, DON'T ever talk about other kids, because you NEVER know what yours may do" It is true, I have 2 teenage boy's and I remind myself of what my mother said ALL the time. Maybe everyone else on here should do the same!!!

Since: Apr 12

Ilion, NY

#6 May 28, 2012
not really sure why people have to get on here and worry about other peoples bussiness. must not have anything better to do.
not a former acs athlete

Ilion, NY

#7 May 28, 2012
Former ACS Athlete wrote:
not really sure why people have to get on here and worry about other peoples bussiness. must not have anything better to do.
"Former ACS Athlete" Really! Haven't you done anything since high school that you have to live in the past? Maybe you stick up for druggies because you were one in school or still are. Maybe you took steriods that is why your still living in the past.
CrapHappens

Gloversville, NY

#8 May 28, 2012
Sorry to hear about those kids. They're not bad kids, they just got caught doing something most of us old farts did 40 years sgo. Times are different these days. Hopefully they've learned a lesson and hopefully their buddies have also learned a lesson.
not a former acs athlete wrote:
<quoted text>
"Former ACS Athlete" Really! Haven't you done anything since high school that you have to live in the past? Maybe you stick up for druggies because you were one in school or still are. Maybe you took steriods that is why your still living in the past.
parent of 2 teenage boys

AOL

#9 May 28, 2012
<quoted text>
This is EXACTLY what I was talking about , people like yourself are MORONS . Someone puts a post up and right away you start bashing them. I agree with the former athlete.
shaking head

Gloversville, NY

#10 May 29, 2012
this site gets worse by the day!!
- The Druggie -

United States

#11 May 29, 2012
<quoted text>
And who are you to be saying anything , sounds like you need to find a new hobby instead of worrying about other people's business. And you deffinallly don't know much about the people involved if your calling us druggies. Pretty sure all three of us are going to college & doing something with our lives and not to mention we had a sober driver. Knowing the facts is a good quality to have when your trying to be a big shit talker.
concerned mom

Lake Pleasant, NY

#12 May 30, 2012
wait arent 2 of these kids summer recreation leaders??? great way to be a role model for the kids. my kids loved these 2 in summer recreation not that there bad kids but come on guys really.this is embarassing and i will not be sending my kids back to summer recreation this year if this is the kind of kids there going to hire!!
Drive straight

United States

#13 May 30, 2012
Glad you had a sober driver, druggie.....that makes everything OK. NOT. That sober driver was so competent, he didn't even realize his vehicle wasn't in compliance. Thank him for the traffic stop that started your ordeal. Going to college.....wow......big man on campus, and yes, you ARE doing something with your lives.......you're going to court.
Little Bird

Boonville, NY

#14 May 30, 2012
A little bird told me those kids won't be rehired.
concerned mom wrote:
wait arent 2 of these kids summer recreation leaders??? great way to be a role model for the kids. my kids loved these 2 in summer recreation not that there bad kids but come on guys really.this is embarassing and i will not be sending my kids back to summer recreation this year if this is the kind of kids there going to hire!!
Someone with a past also
#15 May 30, 2012
Wow,so many quick to judge.So these three screwed up,and I'm sure they're embarassed.I did too when I was younger,just like many of you did. So let's not sit behind our computers passing judgement and trying to ruin the lives and futures of three teenagers.
mema

AOL

#16 May 31, 2012
They ruined their own lives, it's not the first time for some of them. I am sure the town of boonville would not hire them back.
concerned mom

Lake Pleasant, NY

#17 Jun 1, 2012
good im so glad to hear that, im sure there nor bad kids but not the role models i want my kids to be around in summer rec.
parent of 2 teenage boys

AOL

#18 Jun 1, 2012
mema wrote:
They ruined their own lives, it's not the first time for some of them. I am sure the town of boonville would not hire them back.
I really don't think their lives are ruined!!! Alittle messed up yes but surely not ruined. There isnot one person on topix that can say they have never done anything stupid , and if you say you haven't your lying, Everyone was younge once, and we just have to hope and pray kids like this wake up. I have 2 teenagers and I pray evrytime they go out that there ok.But to say their lives are ruined........ comeon bereal.
Agree

Gloversville, NY

#19 Jun 1, 2012
Their lives aren't ruined. I'm sure their parents are embarrassed and hopefully the kids are ashamed also. Remember they're kids, hopefully they've learned a lesson. Sometimes lesson's are hard to learn but atleast nobody was hurt or killed. I hope they feel ashamed and they remember that shame the next time they think about doing something as stupid as drinking and smoking pot while driving,
Brown trout

Brooklyn, NY

#20 Jun 1, 2012
Ruined maybe not. Can they be a cop, FBI, CIA, a high ranking officer in the military, teach, be president? We have all done similar things. We are all the same, but if you get caught your screwed. Do all vehicles even have license plate lights. If these kids weren't stopped they would have made it home, and maybe when they were old and grey looked back on that night, and said damn that was fun. All the stories they may have told, all the knowledge, they may have shared. I promise you those kids learned more in that car that day than anyone sitting home playing x box alone!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Boonville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kim Pribble 3 hr OpenyrIs 76
Richard miller 4 hr Duh 15
m roberts 17 hr Apple 11
Debbie B Fri Greg 6
Enjoy your little games and bullshyte Fri Yupyup 1
Couars (Jul '16) Fri Biker 35
Hughes hardware Feb 22 patron 10

Boonville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance