for sure

Boonville, NY

#21 Mar 3, 2013
Reader wrote:
<quoted text>One of the smartest quotes on here. I'm going to ask. This person doing more than complain on here.
First of all yes I am complaining I've lived here all my life I've been in my house 15 years and it has never been close to 400 ever. And second I wondered if I was the only one with a higher bill so why not ask everyone if there bill was more too. Ok
Reader

Old Forge, NY

#22 Mar 3, 2013
for sure wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all yes I am complaining I've lived here all my life I've been in my house 15 years and it has never been close to 400 ever. And second I wondered if I was the only one with a higher bill so why not ask everyone if there bill was more too. Ok
HEY,I'M complimenting you for wanting to go ask. You must have took me wrong .
for sure

Boonville, NY

#23 Mar 3, 2013
Reader wrote:
<quoted text>HEY,I'M complimenting you for wanting to go ask. You must have took me wrong .
I'm sorry it's hard to tell on here when you get someone that really wants to be nice or Just be a pain I m sorry for sounding so crabby I'm just wondering how I can pay this I'm not working and my wife's disabled and we are 10 over to get heap great huh
bville power house

Boonville, NY

#25 Mar 3, 2013
if you have a job heap will not help you thats a handout for lazy people that set at home and suck up the heat and drink utica club all day lol.
momd57

Boonville, NY

#26 Mar 3, 2013
did anyone notice that the bills went up after delta hardwood moved here...great agreement to get them here,now watch your taxes go up also
Hmm

United States

#27 Mar 3, 2013
bville power house wrote:
if you have a job heap will not help you thats a handout for lazy people that set at home and suck up the heat and drink utica club all day lol.
Heap is not only for those with no job. It goes by household income and size. so therefore if you have a job and if that income falls in the guidelines you will get heap.
for sure

Boonville, NY

#28 Mar 3, 2013
I will let everyone know tommarrow what they tell me.
Dude

New York, NY

#29 Mar 4, 2013
for sure wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry it's hard to tell on here when you get someone that really wants to be nice or Just be a pain I m sorry for sounding so crabby I'm just wondering how I can pay this I'm not working and my wife's disabled and we are 10 over to get heap great huh
Dude how can u be 10 over if u arent working?
Hii

Richland, NY

#30 Mar 4, 2013
My bill doubled what it was last month and I don't live in my house. Water alone is billed $150 and is been cut for over a month. How is this possible??
for sure

Boonville, NY

#31 Mar 4, 2013
Dude wrote:
<quoted text>Dude how can u be 10 over if u arent working?
Unemployment
xxx

Boonville, NY

#32 Mar 4, 2013
If they want to take my money, I am gonna waste their time... I called and said I didnt believe what they were telling me and that I wanted my meter checked immediately.. Someone is gonna be here soon.. I think we should all call the Attorney Generals office or the Governor and accuse the electric company of price gouging... My bill almost doubled and for almost that whole billing period, I was without a dryer.. Mine had broken and did not get one till recently.. So, how can my bill be higher when something like a dryer that I used daily isnt used anymore.. I could not have used that much more in heat to justify not having a dryer and still have my bill skyrocket like that.. something is defintitely very fishy with this situation.. Because I get HEAP and its the only way I can afford heat right now, I am also very conservative when it comes to my heat. I do not crank it and I always keep it down at night and when nobody is home. They have a story for everything.. Lets all report them for price gouging......
huhh

Utica, NY

#33 Mar 4, 2013
xxx wrote:
If they want to take my money, I am gonna waste their time... I called and said I didnt believe what they were telling me and that I wanted my meter checked immediately.. Someone is gonna be here soon.. I think we should all call the Attorney Generals office or the Governor and accuse the electric company of price gouging... My bill almost doubled and for almost that whole billing period, I was without a dryer.. Mine had broken and did not get one till recently.. So, how can my bill be higher when something like a dryer that I used daily isnt used anymore.. I could not have used that much more in heat to justify not having a dryer and still have my bill skyrocket like that.. something is defintitely very fishy with this situation.. Because I get HEAP and its the only way I can afford heat right now, I am also very conservative when it comes to my heat. I do not crank it and I always keep it down at night and when nobody is home. They have a story for everything.. Lets all report them for price gouging......
I think you are right. Like I said, there is strength in numbers. Everyone has to stick together and complain! Start with attorney general and go from there.
Ray Pugh

Boonville, NY

#34 Mar 4, 2013
You all are complaining about prices while being on HEAP and collecting unemployment...imagine how bills are to someone who actually has to work for a living to pay them in FULL. The way I see it is you get HEAP for free...I gotta pay my share in full still. So quit your bitchingg and accept it how it is.
Hmm

United States

#35 Mar 4, 2013
Ray Pugh wrote:
You all are complaining about prices while being on HEAP and collecting unemployment...imagine how bills are to someone who actually has to work for a living to pay them in FULL. The way I see it is you get HEAP for free...I gotta pay my share in full still. So quit your bitchingg and accept it how it is.
For your information Ray not everyone complaining gets HEAP. You say you work? Huh I am surprised someone hired your cocky ass.
Quack

Northville, NY

#36 Mar 4, 2013
Do you want to make a statement about your electric bill increase of 2 or 3 times the normal rate. Just pay your bill 3 weeks to 6 weeks late. This protest will make them sweat. If it doesn't make them sweat then maybe it will slow them down from buying any more expensive vehicles.
xxx

Boonville, NY

#37 Mar 4, 2013
Ray Pugh wrote:
You all are complaining about prices while being on HEAP and collecting unemployment...imagine how bills are to someone who actually has to work for a living to pay them in FULL. The way I see it is you get HEAP for free...I gotta pay my share in full still. So quit your bitchingg and accept it how it is.
My HEAP is for my fuel, not my electric you moron.. Alot of people that work get HEAP, so its not just unemployed people getting it... It is rediculous no matter what your situation is to have to pay these crazy prices out of the blue... If you dont mind paying the higher bill thats your problem.. You can pay mine too while your at it..
walawala

United States

#38 Mar 4, 2013
Hii wrote:
My bill doubled what it was last month and I don't live in my house. Water alone is billed $150 and is been cut for over a month. How is this possible??

I sure as hell am glad that I have national Grid. i owe 2 months light bill and it's only $178. i can't imagine a $400 bill due for lights. I'd cry.
mike t

New York, NY

#39 Mar 4, 2013
Apparently you're all idiots and cannot read an electric bill, or you would know what has changed.
real nice

Boonville, NY

#40 Mar 5, 2013
Ray Pugh wrote:
You all are complaining about prices while being on HEAP and collecting unemployment...imagine how bills are to someone who actually has to work for a living to pay them in FULL. The way I see it is you get HEAP for free...I gotta pay my share in full still. So quit your bitchingg and accept it how it is.
Listen here ray I didn't ask to lose my job because they decided to move out of NY and seeing unemployment is half the amount I was making I have a right to bitch so back off!!!
real nice

Boonville, NY

#41 Mar 5, 2013
mike t wrote:
Apparently you're all idiots and cannot read an electric bill, or you would know what has changed.
HEY!!! We know what WE want to know WHY !!!! OK smart ass

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Boonville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Adirondack Sports (Aug '13) 33 min past 578
Local celebrities 5 hr Curious 1
Tara Allen 11 hr smm 10
Why are parents letting their kids walk the str... (Jun '13) 22 hr Willie Walker 22
What happened on denley rd this morning Sat More to it 15
scooby rendering beware Apr 17 cleaning up scooby 3
Gerrit Boons tavern Apr 16 Neighbor 3
More from around the web

Boonville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]