GAY PROM DATE: School Amends Policy to Let Gay Couple Attend Prom

Full story: Fox 8 WGHP

A Triad high school is allowing a gay couple to attend senior prom after amending a policy so that any student can bring a guest, rather than a date, to prom.
Comments
1 - 20 of 395 Comments Last updated Dec 15, 2010
First Prev
of 20
Next Last
FagHagMom

Raeford, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Apr 17, 2010
 

Judged:

7

5

5

Hey thanks for sharing your petty, immature, ignorant view point and helping us get the message across to the public the very type of discrimination and hatred LGBT people face everyday. You really proved the point with your hateful comments!

Have a great day:)
laz

Monticello, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Apr 18, 2010
 

Judged:

5

4

3

Thank You for your post Bs Mom.
Reading all of the negative and hate filled posts, I wonder if any of these folks are parents, and if they are, would they shun their own children if the children came out as being gay? Or would they all of a sudden show some understanding?... How " christian"... "scoff"....
And "Scam in Kernersville"....what's in your closet ?...
opec

Pilot Mountain, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Apr 18, 2010
 

Judged:

7

4

4

Just the reason I homeschool. Not because they're "gay", but because the schools have no desire, nor courage to stand for the rights of the majority.
Angry American

Walkertown, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#30
Apr 18, 2010
 

Judged:

6

5

4

Just as the gays are, the school system "promoting" gays as they are doing by letting this occur is disgusting as well. Teaching our childeren to be anti christian is teaching them to be anti american.
mr davis

Asheboro, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#33
Apr 18, 2010
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Love the entertaining idiots on this page. Most can't spell or use proper grammar, thus giving a brief glimpse into their intelligence. No need to argue with fools however; keep those blinders on. This is a divisive issue that I love. It is an easy barometer in my circle that lets me know who has a brain, heart, and conscience. The others are just "Sheeple." Baaaaaaa! Tell me what to believe! Baaaaaa!
The world needs these corageous young men. Times have changed, so the funny part is there is nothing you haters can do about it!(You can however, leave!) Baaaaaaaa!

“Cynical Scumbag”

Since: Jan 10

Lima Peru

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#34
Apr 18, 2010
 

Judged:

5

4

4

Mr. Davis, You might want to use spellcheck before posting about the grammar of others.

I could care less what adults do. Shoot heroin, eat a bullet, gang homosexual sex, necrophilia whatever. I am just tired of hearing about how you deserve special rights JUST because you like man love.
tiredofliberals

Greensboro, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36
Apr 18, 2010
 

Judged:

4

2

2

FagHagMom wrote:
Hey thanks for sharing your petty, immature, ignorant view point and helping us get the message across to the public the very type of discrimination and hatred LGBT people face everyday. You really proved the point with your hateful comments!
Have a great day:)
I, myself, have had a wonderful, better-than-great day, thank you. But I have to ask something. Did you ever wonder that it just might be the actions of you and other LGBT people that cause the discrimination you experience? Your posts have consistently been filled with more vitriolic hatred and reverse discrimination than the posts of anyone else on either of the posts about these two boys. If you truly think those who disagree with you and who exercise their freedom to express their opinions are ignorant and full of hatred and discrimination, why do you care what they say or think? When you show them your anger and when you come back at them with your venom, it only proves they've gotten to you. I disagree with you, but your comments don't bother me at all. I am comfortable in my beliefs, and whether or not you agree with me isn't important to me at all.
tiredofliberals

Greensboro, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#37
Apr 18, 2010
 

Judged:

2

1

1

mr davis wrote:
Love the entertaining idiots on this page. Most can't spell or use proper grammar, thus giving a brief glimpse into their intelligence. No need to argue with fools however; keep those blinders on. This is a divisive issue that I love. It is an easy barometer in my circle that lets me know who has a brain, heart, and conscience. The others are just "Sheeple." Baaaaaaa! Tell me what to believe! Baaaaaa!
The world needs these corageous young men. Times have changed, so the funny part is there is nothing you haters can do about it!(You can however, leave!) Baaaaaaaa!
Times have changed; the morals of some have not. Your cute use of animal sounds that mean nothing only serves to show that you are not intelligently superior to those other posters as you think yourself to be. The use of big words does not a genius make, nor does the use of silly, misused, and misspelled words.
starmountmom

North Wilkesboro, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#38
Apr 18, 2010
 

Judged:

5

5

3

I myself have a son who is a Senior at Starmount High. I reall disagree with this and am now in the proces of trying to plan out an alternate plan to the prom. I have spoken with several parents and we all feel that if these two boys are allowed to go to prom that there may be trouble and we don't want it to interfere with our children and their special night.
tiredofliberals

Greensboro, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#39
Apr 18, 2010
 

Judged:

5

4

3

starmountmom wrote:
I myself have a son who is a Senior at Starmount High. I reall disagree with this and am now in the proces of trying to plan out an alternate plan to the prom. I have spoken with several parents and we all feel that if these two boys are allowed to go to prom that there may be trouble and we don't want it to interfere with our children and their special night.
Congratulations for being a wise parent. I wish I owned a place your son and his friends could have a prom. I'd allow them to use it with no charges. Nothing should ruin their special night. Unfortunately, the selfish wishes of a few attempt to do so. Your son is lucky.
tiredofliberals

Greensboro, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#40
Apr 18, 2010
 

Judged:

2

2

2

One suggestion.. maybe another school would have a gym that could be rented cheaply, perhaps a Christian school if a public one would not be brave enough to help you. What about a church with a gym? Good luck.
Amy

Clayton, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#41
Apr 18, 2010
 

Judged:

5

5

3

This is 2010!!! DON'T bring religion into the discussion, Mr. Parker! As I recall that was taken out of the school system quite a while back. I'm sure most of the other students know about the relationship between these two guys. Obviously, at least one of the parents knows. If they aren't hurting anyone, leave them alone! Not everyone is interested in the opposite sex. I have friends and family members that are gay, and they are loved just as much as the others. Let people live their lives...take care of your own...nobody's perfect.
Bs Mom

Mount Airy, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#43
Apr 18, 2010
 

Judged:

5

3

1

To the Starmount parents, are you going to take your children out of society? Out of life? It's their prom. They go to school with this young man. It isn't a secret he is gay. The trouble comes from hearing all the adults preach about it. Why not, for once, just teach your children to have respect for others? You say you have talked to other parents, but have you talked to your own children? Have you heard what they want.
Your parents! Please take a moment and put yourself if their parent's shoes. What if it was your son or daughter? Would you want your child to be treated this way? Would you want them to be denied their senior prom?
Your saying that these two young men are being selfish, arenít you doing the same thing?
opec

Pilot Mountain, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#44
Apr 18, 2010
 

Judged:

3

2

2

Bs Mom wrote:
To the Starmount parents, are you going to take your children out of society? Out of life? It's their prom. They go to school with this young man. It isn't a secret he is gay. The trouble comes from hearing all the adults preach about it. Why not, for once, just teach your children to have respect for others? You say you have talked to other parents, but have you talked to your own children? Have you heard what they want.
Your parents! Please take a moment and put yourself if their parent's shoes. What if it was your son or daughter? Would you want your child to be treated this way? Would you want them to be denied their senior prom?
Your saying that these two young men are being selfish, arenít you doing the same thing?
If it's their prom, then let the students, not the admistration or some radical rights group make the decision. It's not being selfish, it's being tired of being trampled on. This country was built on the majority, not the minority.
ureclipsed

Greensboro, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#45
Apr 18, 2010
 

Judged:

11

4

3

Look folks... it's simple. Gays and Lesbians are no different from anybody else. They put their pants on, the same way everyone else does. We are everywhere. We work with you, we work in places you go. Do you really know when someone is or isn't. No, you don't. I don't always know myself. The fact is.. it doesn't matter. We just want to be normal, like everyone else. But, we can't because others want to make us out to be something far worse, than we are. That is what is not fair. The fact is, we are just as diverse as the rest of this great country. We come in all shapes, forms, sizes, and backgrounds. Yes, some of us are christians.. and other various beliefs. Just your average everyday person, who wants to be able to participate in everyday normal activities, with the person they care for, or love. Just that simple. Why is that so wrong?
ureclipsed

Greensboro, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#47
Apr 18, 2010
 

Judged:

4

3

2

I'm not condoning any sexual practice with children. This topic is NOT about sex. This is about two teens, who are dating, wanting to go to their prom, without being judged, because they are of the same gender. All they are wanting, is to be NORMAL. Just like all of their classmates. Read the TOPIC!!
tiredofliberals

Greensboro, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#48
Apr 19, 2010
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Amy wrote:
This is 2010!!! DON'T bring religion into the discussion, Mr. Parker! As I recall that was taken out of the school system quite a while back. I'm sure most of the other students know about the relationship between these two guys. Obviously, at least one of the parents knows. If they aren't hurting anyone, leave them alone! Not everyone is interested in the opposite sex. I have friends and family members that are gay, and they are loved just as much as the others. Let people live their lives...take care of your own...nobody's perfect.
It's amazing how many liberals want others to "leave them alone to live their lives" EXCEPT when it comes time to take the money earned by others to support those who don't do anything except sit on their butts and hold their hands out. They want all of us to pay their health insurance, welfare, and anything else they feel they're too entitled to have to do themselves. They certainly don't want to be left alone when they are taking, only when they are immoral and when they dislike the comments of those who disagree with them. Amazing.

Since: Jan 10

Lincolnshire, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#52
Apr 19, 2010
 

Judged:

8

7

7

ureclipsed wrote:
I'm not condoning any sexual practice with children. This topic is NOT about sex. This is about two teens, who are dating, wanting to go to their prom, without being judged, because they are of the same gender. All they are wanting, is to be NORMAL. Just like all of their classmates. Read the TOPIC!!
But they aren't "normal". Words mean things. From Webster's...

Normal (noun): A set standard usually derived from the average or median of a large group. A pattern or trait taken to be typical in the behavior of a social group. A widespread or usual practice, procedure, or custom. A principle of right action binding the members of a group and serving to guide, control, or regulate proper and acceptable behavior.

Based on the definition and our society in general - this is not "normal" behavior.
fed up

Greensboro, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#54
Apr 19, 2010
 

Judged:

9

8

5

I am the parent of a student that will be a junior next year. There WILL be a PRIVATE prom next year for Starmount High students to attend by invitation only. The ballroom has already been reserved at a very nice hotel in the Elkin/Jonesville area and there will be a dj and all the catering and decorations. We will be contacting other parents if you'd like to help make this a truly special prom for your straight kids.I for one AM NOT too cowardly to stand up for what is RIGHT!
Bs Mom

Mount Airy, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#58
Apr 19, 2010
 

Judged:

7

7

5

They are going to the prom, not a bath house! A supervised dance. I suppose it is completely ok with you that boys and girls are having sex on buses, in the parking lot, ect. But, oh wait, it's not ok for two young men to go to the prom and dance and be with their peers.
AND a private prom by invitation only...that's not even a prom.
You think you are "protecting" your children. You are isolating them from life. What is going to happen when you children go to college and their roommate is gay or their professor? Or get a top paying job, whose co-workers and bosses are gay? Or, what if they are in the medical field, and a patient is gay? What then, are you going to pull them out of college, make them quit their job, tell them they can't take care of their patients?
I hate to tell you, but there are gay people and supports everywhere. Some may hide it for years, just to "fit in", but in life, your children are going to exposed. Why not let that exposure be a positive thing, not a hate thing?
I don't understand! You are all so Christian, but you support hate...it's like the abortion fight. If the fetus you save is gay, would you still fight for itís rights?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 20
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Boonville Discussions

Search the Boonville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
NC Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Car... (Oct '10) 7 hr State of Florida 57,968
Review: Revival Pain Management (Jul '13) Aug 11 Lynn 2
Debate: Obama-Marriage - Yadkinville, NC (May '12) Aug 1 WV Mountaineer 13
Shallow Ford Walk brings history to light Jul 30 Sherman 2
Jonesville Music Thread Jul 21 Musikologist 3
Review: Revival Pain Management (May '13) Jul '14 Mike C 8
does anyone know samantha ward Jun '14 a new friend 1
•••
•••
•••
Boonville Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Boonville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Boonville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Boonville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Boonville
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••