Since: May 12

Location hidden

#34109 Jan 31, 2013
Will be up soon, dear.
Allen

Penrose, NC

#34110 Jan 31, 2013
Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>Convince "We the People" of what?
That more regulations from the Commucrats is going to save lives? News Flash, criminals don't give a damn about any laws, hence the word "criminals."
More extensive background checks will do what, make it harder for law abiding citizens to obtain a gun? Criminals don't subject themselves to background checks.
Banning the sell of online ammunition will do what, make it harder for law abiding citizens to obtain ammunition? Criminals don't buy ammunition online, it leaves a paper trail, they pay cash.
We don't need more of your communist govt, we need for the govt to stay the hell out the way and worry about things like, I don't know, say...the economy, the debt, the budget, just to name a few.
Even statistics from the FBI proves gun control laws do not deter crimes committed by firearms.
Commucrats = the blame someone else party
If you are a law abiding citizen, wouldn't that mean you are not a criminal and that you obey the law? If you are law abiding then you will have no background. So what is the worry?
Interesting

Chicago, IL

#34112 Jan 31, 2013
Djs51 wrote:
Do IT...for the 'children'...
is how they pass it off......
2010 News Archives
12/16/10 - Report Shows Steady Decrease in Child Abuse and Neglect
12/10/10 - HHS Makes Available More Than $670 Million in Additional LIHEAP Funding
12/10/10 - HHS and the Department of Agriculture Joint Letter (PDF 116KB)
11/10/10 - National Survey of Early Care and Education
10/18/10 - ACF awards $1.1 million for National Resource Center serving abandoned infants
10/18/10 - ACF awards $2 million for Diligent Recruitment of Families for Children in the Foster Care System
10/08/10 - ACF awards $41.6 million to Native American communities and organizations
10/06/10 - ACF funds projects to improve access to Social Services and Income Maintenance Benefits Enrollment Coordination
10/06/10 - ACF awards $4.5 million for Family Violence Prevention Services
10/04/10 - ACF announces new Office of Child Care
10/01/10 - ACF awards grants to reduce long-term foster care
9/30/10 - HHS awards evidence-based teen pregnancy prevention grants
9/29/10 - ACF and HRSA award $3 million in Affordable Care Act funds for the Tribal Maternal, Infant, and Early Childhood Home Visiting Grant Program
9/29/10 - ACF awards $1.87 million for National Autism Resource and Information Center
9/28/10 - HHS awards $27 million for the support of pregnant and parenting teens and women
9/27/10 - HHS awards $320 million to expand primary care workforce
9/21/10 - HHS Announces National Effort to Reshape and Raise Quality in Head Start Programs
9/20/10 - HHS releases $101 million in emergency funding to states for energy assistance
9/15/10 - HHS awards $39 million to states for increasing adoptions
9/10/10 - ACF awards over $7.5 million for Individual Development Account projects
7/30/10 - ACF Awards Grant Funding to American Samoa Communities and Organizations
7/30/10 - Funds Available for Teen Pregnancy Prevention, Evidence Based Education and Abstinence Programs
6/24/10 - ACF Partners with HRSA for the Tribal Maternal, Infant, and Early Childhood Home Visiting Grant Program
6/18/10 - Statement by Secretary Kathleen Sebelius Regarding the Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
6/10/10 - Announcing $90 million in Affordable Care Act Funding for Maternal, Infant, and Early Childhood Home Visiting Program Grants
6/10/10 - Over $1.8 Million Awarded for Individual Development Account Projects
6/10/10 - ACF Recognizes Refugee Resettlement Community Leaders
5/21/10 - Study: Building Strong Families Evaluation Suggests Stronger Approach is Needed
5/20/10 - ACF’s Joan Lombardi Receives Distinguished Service to Education Award
4/20/10 - ACF Employee Honored as 2010 IRMCO Award Recipient
4/05/10 - ACF Awards Over $1.8 Million for Individual Development Account Projects
4/01/10 - New Report Shows Child Maltreatment Decreased in 2008
3/24/10 - Temporary Assistance for Needy Families Funds Available to States to Improve Participation in Summer Food Service Programs
3/08/10 - ACF Announces the Availability of $42 Million in Competitive Grant Funding for Native American Communities and Organizations
3/04/10 - Secretary Sebelius Announces Senate Confirmation of Lillian Sparks as Commissioner of the Administration for Native Americans
2/19/10 - Obama Administration Details Healthy Food Financing Initiative
1/21/10 - Temporary Assistance for Families Funds Available for Families Needing Short Term Mental Health and Substance Use Treatment Services
1/20/10 - HHS Releases $490 Million in Emergency Funding to States for Energy Assistance for Low-Income Families
1/13/10 - HHS Accelerates Head Start Quality Improvements and Submits Impact Study on 2002-2003 Head Start Programs
1/12/10 - HHS Provides an Additional $1.2 Billion to States to Help Low-Income Households with Energy Costs
http://www.acf.hhs.gov/news/press/2010/index....
Interesting
Read

Chicago, IL

#34114 Jan 31, 2013
Djs51 wrote:
Do IT...for the 'children'...
is how they pass it off......
2010 News Archives
12/16/10 - Report Shows Steady Decrease in Child Abuse and Neglect
12/10/10 - HHS Makes Available More Than $670 Million in Additional LIHEAP Funding
12/10/10 - HHS and the Department of Agriculture Joint Letter (PDF 116KB)
11/10/10 - National Survey of Early Care and Education
10/18/10 - ACF awards $1.1 million for National Resource Center serving abandoned infants
10/18/10 - ACF awards $2 million for Diligent Recruitment of Families for Children in the Foster Care System
10/08/10 - ACF awards $41.6 million to Native American communities and organizations
10/06/10 - ACF funds projects to improve access to Social Services and Income Maintenance Benefits Enrollment Coordination
10/06/10 - ACF awards $4.5 million for Family Violence Prevention Services
10/04/10 - ACF announces new Office of Child Care
10/01/10 - ACF awards grants to reduce long-term foster care
9/30/10 - HHS awards evidence-based teen pregnancy prevention grants
9/29/10 - ACF and HRSA award $3 million in Affordable Care Act funds for the Tribal Maternal, Infant, and Early Childhood Home Visiting Grant Program
9/29/10 - ACF awards $1.87 million for National Autism Resource and Information Center
9/28/10 - HHS awards $27 million for the support of pregnant and parenting teens and women
9/27/10 - HHS awards $320 million to expand primary care workforce
9/21/10 - HHS Announces National Effort to Reshape and Raise Quality in Head Start Programs
9/20/10 - HHS releases $101 million in emergency funding to states for energy assistance
9/15/10 - HHS awards $39 million to states for increasing adoptions
9/10/10 - ACF awards over $7.5 million for Individual Development Account projects
7/30/10 - ACF Awards Grant Funding to American Samoa Communities and Organizations
7/30/10 - Funds Available for Teen Pregnancy Prevention, Evidence Based Education and Abstinence Programs
6/24/10 - ACF Partners with HRSA for the Tribal Maternal, Infant, and Early Childhood Home Visiting Grant Program
6/18/10 - Statement by Secretary Kathleen Sebelius Regarding the Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
6/10/10 - Announcing $90 million in Affordable Care Act Funding for Maternal, Infant, and Early Childhood Home Visiting Program Grants
6/10/10 - Over $1.8 Million Awarded for Individual Development Account Projects
6/10/10 - ACF Recognizes Refugee Resettlement Community Leaders
5/21/10 - Study: Building Strong Families Evaluation Suggests Stronger Approach is Needed
5/20/10 - ACF’s Joan Lombardi Receives Distinguished Service to Education Award
4/20/10 - ACF Employee Honored as 2010 IRMCO Award Recipient
4/05/10 - ACF Awards Over $1.8 Million for Individual Development Account Projects
4/01/10 - New Report Shows Child Maltreatment Decreased in 2008
3/24/10 - Temporary Assistance for Needy Families Funds Available to States to Improve Participation in Summer Food Service Programs
3/08/10 - ACF Announces the Availability of $42 Million in Competitive Grant Funding for Native American Communities and Organizations
3/04/10 - Secretary Sebelius Announces Senate Confirmation of Lillian Sparks as Commissioner of the Administration for Native Americans
2/19/10 - Obama Administration Details Healthy Food Financing Initiative
1/21/10 - Temporary Assistance for Families Funds Available for Families Needing Short Term Mental Health and Substance Use Treatment Services
1/20/10 - HHS Releases $490 Million in Emergency Funding to States for Energy Assistance for Low-Income Families
1/13/10 - HHS Accelerates Head Start Quality Improvements and Submits Impact Study on 2002-2003 Head Start Programs
1/12/10 - HHS Provides an Additional $1.2 Billion to States to Help Low-Income Households with Energy Costs
http://www.acf.hhs.gov/news/press/2010/index....
Read

“Arch Nemisis of Democrats”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#34115 Jan 31, 2013
Allen wrote:
<quoted text>If you are a law abiding citizen, wouldn't that mean you are not a criminal and that you obey the law? If you are law abiding then you will have no background. So what is the worry?
You could apply that same theory to having a valid form of identification in order to cast a vote...what's the worry?

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#34116 Jan 31, 2013
Allen wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are a law abiding citizen, wouldn't that mean you are not a criminal and that you obey the law? If you are law abiding then you will have no background. So what is the worry?
Yes. No worries for me personally but why would you want more ineffective govt regulations? To make you "feel" better? Law abiding citizens who can obtain a permit now would also be able to obtain one with stricter laws but the criminals don't use the process anyways, so why increase them? You assume by passing stricter laws that it will deter crime but according to the FBI, it doesn't. It's been tried before, it doesn't work. As much as I hate the tragedies that have happened, there is no way to prevent them! None, zero, nada! There is no way to identify a criminal before he commits a crime for the first time, it's impossible.

Location hidden

#34117 Jan 31, 2013
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
You could apply that same theory to having a valid form of identification in order to cast a vote...what's the worry?
Here here

Location hidden

#34118 Jan 31, 2013
Allen wrote:
<quoted text>
Couldn't the same argument be used for voter registration? I don't understand how showing an ID, not even having a background check is considered discrimination; however, if you want to buy a gun, you have to give information, even your medical information and just maybe you can own a gun. I'm not talking about an assault weapon or whatever everybody is up in arms about. I'm talking about a gun, one for protection because criminals can get their guns illegally and some people do like to feel like they have at least some way to level the playing ground.
You can use the argument that voting doesn't kill people, but my argument is, make everyone have an ID and background check for everything or don't require one at all.
Mr Anderson

Los Angeles, CA

#34119 Jan 31, 2013
emlu wrote:
<quoted text>Bedie bye
Oh the humanity!

emlu:

www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/03/photographe...

Location hidden

#34120 Jan 31, 2013
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
Too funny. I looked up after my post and we both had posted the same thing.
TSF

Kenly, NC

#34121 Jan 31, 2013
Tax all income equally. That means capital gains taxes .
I don't like the idea either, but if we get serious about payig off debt, that is what is will really take.
Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>94% income taxes on the top earners would result in a collapse of the system and putting everyone on the govt tit...the liberal utopia! Why? Because the top earners DON'T PAY INCOME TAX, they pay capital gains tax, and the few who do pay an income tax pass their tax obligations on to the middle class by incorporating them into the cost of the goods and services that they provide!
TSF

Kenly, NC

#34122 Jan 31, 2013
Well, I HAVE seen the grade inflation for children in private schools whose parents were significant donors to the administrators of the private school. I HAVE seen private school administrators pressure teachers to inflate grades of certain students. So I know it happens, frequently. Perhaps your daughter is intelligent enought to not need help,as evidenced by her subsequent achievements, and that is a good thing.
Do not lecture me about hard work. I also worked two jobs to pay for my OWN education WHILE I was in college. I was taught to work at an early age and learned to take pride in my work and my ability to do a good job.
No, republikans are not completely responsible for failures in education. But their anti education attitude is one of the biggest contributing factors.
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
TSF, what I have learned that is accurate is that if you want to accuse someone of something, come right out and say it. Stop pussyfooting around. Don't insinuate to me about what I did or didn't do especially when it comes to what I consider stealing. I would never ask a teacher or anyone to give my child or me something we didn't work for, that includes school grades. That's what's wrong with our society, everyone is not a winner, everyone is not the smartest, can run the fastest or jump the highest but we don't want to hurt anyone's little ego, so we give them something they don't deserve. I don't play that way, nor was I raised that way and you didn't step on my toes, you made me mad as hell insinuating that I would ask for my child to given ANYTHING she didn't deserve. No, I didn't see it happen frequently in private school. I didn't make a habit of going around to see what child was doing what in school. I worked two jobs to send my daughter to private school and didn't spend time on the gossip mill worried about inane issues of other children that I didn't have the time for and wasn't my business. Yes, I have a college degree and I worked my butt off to get it and I promise you, I didn't get any grade I didn't deserve, to include my "you'll never be a math genius, so move onto another field of science because your math grades show it."
Yes, while I know everything is multi-factorial, apparently you don't. You cannot claim/imply that today's failure in education is soley dependent upon Republicans hating education. You have pointed out all the other "factors" but for some reason, you have a real beef with Republicans and education. You scoff and scorn at those of who have gotten an education, paid for our children to be educated and done what we're suppose to do as parents to provide a solid foundation educationally for our children. Then you ramp it up a notch by basically calling me a liar or a thief about grades in school for my child. I've always been respectful to you and for you to attack me in such a childish way is beyond me.
TSF

Kenly, NC

#34123 Jan 31, 2013
Blame is different from the truth. The majority of that 16 trillion debt that concerns you so much, as it does me also, was already present ($10 trillion) in 2009. Another almost $2 trillion of the 16 went for INTEREST on the origional $10 trillion.
Remember when Cheany said "debt does't matter"? Turns out that it does matter. At this point , it does not matter WHO is to blame.
What matters is how we can still fix it. The only way is to RAISE taxes and SLASH spending. It will be unpleasant for all of us. The alternative is to just continue the party like there is no future and there won't be.

Pro-American--Commucrats = blame someone else party

Location hidden

#34124 Jan 31, 2013
TSF wrote:
Well, I HAVE seen the grade inflation for children in private schools whose parents were significant donors to the administrators of the private school. I HAVE seen private school administrators pressure teachers to inflate grades of certain students. So I know it happens, frequently. Perhaps your daughter is intelligent enought to not need help,as evidenced by her subsequent achievements, and that is a good thing.
Do not lecture me about hard work. I also worked two jobs to pay for my OWN education WHILE I was in college. I was taught to work at an early age and learned to take pride in my work and my ability to do a good job.
No, republikans are not completely responsible for failures in education. But their anti education attitude is one of the biggest contributing factors.
<quoted text>
I don't know how you were privy to information about students' grades and I don't know why you would want to know about children and their grades if they weren't your children. I would have to question the private school you got such information from and why they would give out such information.
Since you apparently know so much about children with inflated grades, during your snooping did you find out how they did on the SAT and what colleges if any they attended? I don't think there's a way to inflate SAT scores and right there is where the proof is in the pudding. I didn't contribute a penny more than the cost of my daughter's tuition because a private school, college, etc should be run like a business and if a business has to pressure people to be donors in order to keep their business afloat, they shouldn't be in business. I would hate to think my business depended upon "donors", instead we go old school and charge people for the service provided. It may sound simple, but it works for us, it should work for every other business. We're not running a charity, we're running a business therefore "donations" while the concept would be great, just isn't our way.
Speaking of my daughter, UNC Chapel Hill is not in the habit of accepting or teaching students in the medical field based off "inflated" private school grades. Have you heard of MCAT? Well that pretty much weeds out the "inflated grades of any students" and they go on from there and my daughter after testing proved she was "perhaps intelligent enough". Let me guess, you know someone who had inflated MCAT grades?

Location hidden

#34125 Jan 31, 2013
TSF wrote:
<quoted text>Well, I HAVE seen the grade inflation for children in private schools whose parents were significant donors to the administrators of the private school. I HAVE seen private school administrators pressure teachers to inflate grades of certain students. So I know it happens, frequently. Perhaps your daughter is intelligent enought to not need help,as evidenced by her subsequent achievements, and that is a good thing.
2 jobs and college? When did you have time for union meetings?

Location hidden

#34126 Jan 31, 2013
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>I don't know how you were privy to information about students' grades and I don't know why you would want to know about children and their grades if they weren't your children. I would have to question the private school you got such information from and why they would give out such information.
Since you apparently know so much about children with inflated grades, during your snooping did you find out how they did on the SAT and what colleges if any they attended? I don't think there's a way to inflate SAT scores and right there is where the proof is in the pudding. I didn't contribute a penny more than the cost of my daughter's tuition because a private school, college, etc should be run like a business and if a business has to pressure people to be donors in order to keep their business afloat, they shouldn't be in business. I would hate to think my business depended upon "donors", instead we go old school and charge people for the service provided. It may sound simple, but it works for us, it should work for every other business. We're not running a charity, we're running a business therefore "donations" while the concept would be great, just isn't our way.
Speaking of my daughter, UNC Chapel Hill is not in the habit of accepting or teaching students in the medical field based off "inflated" private school grades. Have you heard of MCAT? Well that pretty much weeds out the "inflated grades of any students" and they go on from there and my daughter after testing proved she was "perhaps intelligent enough". Let me guess, you know someone who had inflated MCAT grades?
Nope... Just stayed in a holiday inn express.

Location hidden

#34127 Jan 31, 2013
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope... Just stayed in a holiday inn express.
That was funny Silver.

Location hidden

#34128 Jan 31, 2013
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>That was funny Silver.
Have good day dear

Location hidden

#34129 Jan 31, 2013
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
Have good day dear
Right back at you Silver :)

Location hidden

#34130 Jan 31, 2013
TSF wrote:
Tax all income equally. That means capital gains taxes .
I don't like the idea either, but if we get serious about payig off debt, that is what is will really take.
<quoted text>
You obviously don't understand how the economy works. If you taxed capital gains at 94% who do you think would invest their money...nobody! The average annual return is only about 9.6% and if the govt takes 9.02%(94%) of that 9.6%, leaving a profit of .58%, who in their right mind would take the risk? With nobody investing their would be no retirement/pension plans. Since most businesses only make a small profit margin, without investors the cost of goods and services would skyrocket, making most everything either unaffordable or would cause companies to go bankrupt. 94% may have worked in 1954 because it was a different time and era, we didn't have all of the leftist social programs that are draining the govt of every penny! Studies show if you taxed EVERYONE 100% on EVERYTHING, the revenue wouldn't even run our govt for 6 months! WE DON'T HAVE A REVENUE PROBLEM, WE HAVE A SPENDING PROBLEM!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Boonville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jonesville Police Report Oct 20 Ace Mcmillan 3
Memories brought to life Oct 20 Ace Mcmillan 2
Debate: Obama-Marriage - Yadkinville, NC (May '12) Oct 16 Toni Kelly 14
Not so hot! Aug '14 Words 1
Hot! Hot! Hot! Aug '14 Words 1
Review: Revival Pain Management (Jul '13) Aug '14 Lynn 2
Shallow Ford Walk brings history to light Jul '14 Sherman 2
Boonville Dating
Find my Match

Boonville Jobs