Judge overturns California's ban on s...

Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

There are 201862 comments on the www.cnn.com story from Aug 4, 2010, titled Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage. In it, www.cnn.com reports that:

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.cnn.com.

“WAY TO GO”

Since: Mar 11

IRELAND

#140931 May 12, 2012
Joe Fortuna wrote:
<quoted text>
Even if it is a choice, so is going to church, should we deny them the right to marry?
Can we try that and see if those heterosexuals will scream bloody murder? or maybe deny a marriage license to those heterosexuals past the childbearing years? or how about to those pesky infertile/sterile heterosexual couples? Maybe they'd be okay not being able to marry the person of their choosing......lol!!!
Joe Fortuna

Happy Valley, OR

#140932 May 12, 2012
sociopathic Liberals wrote:
<quoted text>
There's no difference??? OMG! Excuse me feeble minded one, but there is a huge difference!
And no my dear! I've never passionately kissed another man! Gag me!!! That is above and beyond gross! And I never will!
I agree, I haven't kiss a man on the lips passionately, or not.
One thing though, what do you think the hugh difference is between a person that loves another, and another person loving another person?
What would you consider a person that is unable to explain his position?
Joe Fortuna

Happy Valley, OR

#140933 May 12, 2012
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
Love all you want.........
Have all the same equal rights.......
Just don't change the meaning of the word marriage......
Or we will vote you back to the closet......
My friend you should look into any new dictionary, the meaning hasn't changed, it just now includes homosexuals.
Could you give me what change has happen to marriage?
Joe Fortuna

Happy Valley, OR

#140934 May 12, 2012
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, there is a difference, and gays know it too. They prefer same sex relationships, just like heterosexuals prefer opposite sex relationships.
This has nothing to do with gay rights, gays marry now, under the same rules as straights. Some marry for money, some for their children and some for love; who are you to judge their marriage?
Marriage has always been between man and woman, that's built into the language.
So the only difference is a persons sexual preference.
So if cathholics decided that jews shouldn't be allow to marry, it would be alright with you?
Really the only diffence between the two is their preference in religious beliefs.
No, marriage hasn't always been between a man and a woman.
Joe Fortuna

Happy Valley, OR

#140935 May 12, 2012
Frank Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
My point is you should have responded to the post intelligently but you couldn't. So you responded with another of your dumb ad hominens, which is your specialty.
I support marriage equality. You do not. That's the bottom line, Sue.
What is your definition of, support marriage equality?
I mean what does that mean to you.

“WAY TO GO”

Since: Mar 11

IRELAND

#140936 May 12, 2012
I obviously must have hit a nerve.....judging by the idiotic icons that were given to my last post......lol!!!

Funny how some feel it's okay to curtail the rights of Gays and Lesbians.....but just don't like it when it might involve them!!!
Joe Fortuna

Happy Valley, OR

#140937 May 12, 2012
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>was that the purpose? "to control the masses" lol...and you read it? I would say your comprehension is not your strong suit. Being a human, we all have the right to believe as we see fit. Being a Spiritual person I can respect others for their beliefs as long as it brings no harm.
Comprehenison skills, so tell me what are laws designed to do, if not to control people?
One more question.
How many laws are in the bible?
Joe Fortuna

Happy Valley, OR

#140938 May 12, 2012
sociopathic Liberals wrote:
<quoted text>
That was just your stupid typical spin! Answer my question. Hypocrit bigot!
And raising a child with good and decent morals is not raising a hater1
You see hypocrit bigot, I don't hate youy! I hate you sreading your filth to innocent children!
Now answer my question!
Post a relevant one, I'll answer it.
ARGUING with IDIOTS

Chico, CA

#140939 May 12, 2012
Joe Fortuna wrote:
<quoted text>Comprehenison skills, so tell me what are laws designed to do, if not to control people?
One more question.
How many laws are in the bible?
you say laws are designed then?
Joe Fortuna

Happy Valley, OR

#140940 May 12, 2012
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>And they don't tease children because of their funny hair or fat? Get over it.
I don't find your religious argument compelling, when you consider the vast social change possible from letting your federal government recognize two men or two women as 'married'. God doesn't say hate the homosexual, he says hate the act. If you believe in religion, you have to ask if same sex marriage desecrates that institution and its supporters?
Can you explain what you think this vast social change will be?
Let me see if I understand you correctly, its OK to desecrate other peoples beliefs, just as long it isn't religious beliefs.
Just in case you don't understand, that is discrimnation.
He doesn't hate homosexuals, but he wants them put to death because of the act.:O):O). I hope I never find anyone that loves me so much they want me to only believe as they choose.
Joe Fortuna

Happy Valley, OR

#140941 May 12, 2012
RnL2008 wrote:
<quoted text>
Can we try that and see if those heterosexuals will scream bloody murder? or maybe deny a marriage license to those heterosexuals past the childbearing years? or how about to those pesky infertile/sterile heterosexual couples? Maybe they'd be okay not being able to marry the person of their choosing......lol!!!
Thank you for expanding on my point.
I don't know how many homosexual are born that way, or how many have environmental issues, or how many choose to be, but those who choose to be drunks and drug addicts, are still allowed to marry.
So the comparing the three seens a bit ridiculous.
Truth has no lib friends

Redding, CA

#140942 May 12, 2012
RnL2008 wrote:
I obviously must have hit a nerve.....judging by the idiotic icons that were given to my last post......lol!!!
Funny how some feel it's okay to curtail the rights of Gays and Lesbians.....but just don't like it when it might involve them!!!
You still have not answered sociopathic Liberals question.
So that means that sociopathic Liberals was right, you are a bigot. LOL
Joe Fortuna

Happy Valley, OR

#140943 May 12, 2012
ARGUING with IDIOTS wrote:
<quoted text>
you say laws are designed then?
Yes I did.
Well actually I asked what someone thought laws were design for.
What about you, care to answwer the question?
ARGUING with IDIOTS

United States

#140944 May 12, 2012
Joe Fortuna wrote:
<quoted text>Yes I did.
Well actually I asked what someone thought laws were design for.
What about you, care to answwer the question?
I say there is a distinction between man made laws as opposed to say laws of logic or laws of physics.
angel

Houston, TX

#140945 May 12, 2012
No one really cares about the actual truth do they?Everyone is just here to argue arent they?
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

#140947 May 12, 2012
Truth has no lib friends wrote:
An early House Judiciary Committee affirmed the Founder's lack of pluralistic intent when it declared: "Christianity ...was the religion of the founders of the republic, and they expected it to remain the religion of their descendants."
" You do well to wish to learn our arts and our ways of life, and above all, the religion of Jesus Christ. Congress will do everything they can to assist you in this wise intention." George Washington
" Let...statesmen and patriots unite their endeavors to renovate the age by...educating their little boys and girls...and leading them in the study and practice of the exalted virtues of the Christian system." Samuel Adams
"History will also afford frequent opportunities of showing the necessity of a public religion...and the excellency of the Christian religion above all others, ancient or modern." Benjamin Franklin
97% of the founding fathers were practicing Christians and exercised their faith in public office, at work, at home, and had it taught to their children in their schools.
187 of the first 200 colleges in America were Christian, Bible teaching institutions. Entrance to Harvard required strong knowledge of the Bible.
You could hardly find a school in America that wasn't Christian based with the Bible as its main text book until the 1830's. As a result of the attack upon children learning the truths of God and Salvation, the American Sunday School League was formed during that same decade so those children who were deprived could still get Bible knowledge.
Fewer and fewer people remembered the exhortations of those men who established this nation to follow Christ and give Christian teaching in the schools, as the backbone and main course of our schools.
The Declaration of Independence appeals to God no less than three times. Four to those who can see His Name in the phrase "protection of divine providence". Five to those who can admit the phrase "created equal" means created by God, not evolved from chaos.
That was easy! LOL
Sorry. Neither your god, nor christianity are mentioned once in the Constitution. That kind of says it all right there.
Bruno

Westminster, CA

#140948 May 12, 2012
Ramona wrote:
Marriage equality is good for America.
How is it good ???
Bruno

Westminster, CA

#140949 May 12, 2012
Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
What makes you say that? Because men are so irresistable? ooooo.... how gay is that?
As usual you ... C an't U nderstand N ormal T hinking

Since: Jan 12

Commonwealth of Pennsylvania

#140950 May 12, 2012
States without constitutional bans on gay marriage:
Washington, Wyoming, Hawaii, New Mexico, Minnesota, Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, West Virginia, Maryland, Delaware, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Massachusetts, Vermont, New Hampshire, and Maine.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT_rights_in_t...

If your state is on this list than congratulations. Your state isn't bigoted enough to write discrimination and homophobia into their state Constitution.
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

#140951 May 12, 2012
Bruno wrote:
<quoted text>
As usual you ... C an't U nderstand N ormal T hinking
Honey, there is NOTHING normal about your thinking. You can't even tell the truth about your little inner conflict. What's the matter? Afraid Mommy will cut you off?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Boonville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Senior Sex Picnic Busted in Park 3 hr Here Is One 10
News New home proposed in west hills of Ukiah 4 hr Here Is One 61
News Ukiah police and fire log: Saturday, Aug. 29, 2015 4 hr Here Is One 1
News Ukiah police and fire log: Sunday, Aug. 30, 2015 4 hr Here Is One 1
Got Drugs to Sell? Check out Lone Pine Motel Ga... Aug 24 Here Is One 10
Willits Bypass bridge collapse not environmenta... Aug 24 Here Is One 36
News Man Tased after fighting with Ukiah officers Aug 23 Here Is One 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Boonville Mortgages