Judge overturns California's ban on s...

Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

There are 201847 comments on the www.cnn.com story from Aug 4, 2010, titled Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage. In it, www.cnn.com reports that:

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.cnn.com.

“WAY TO GO”

Since: Mar 11

IRELAND

#140960 May 12, 2012
Wat the Tyler wrote:
States without constitutional bans on gay marriage:
Washington, Wyoming, Hawaii, New Mexico, Minnesota, Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, West Virginia, Maryland, Delaware, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Massachusetts, Vermont, New Hampshire, and Maine.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT_rights_in_t...
If your state is on this list than congratulations. Your state isn't bigoted enough to write discrimination and homophobia into their state Constitution.
California isn't on this list.....but the fact remains that even in spite of the passage of Prop 8......18,000 Same-Sex Couples remain legally married with their California issued marriage licenses!!!

“WAY TO GO”

Since: Mar 11

IRELAND

#140961 May 12, 2012
Truth has no lib friends wrote:
<quoted text>
You still have not answered sociopathic Liberals question.
So that means that sociopathic Liberals was right, you are a bigot. LOL
I didn't think it was relevant to answer.....and sorry, but NOT a bigot or a liberal!!!

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#140962 May 12, 2012
Mona Lott wrote:
Vast social change?
If you believe in religion?
Desecrates that institution?
Honestly, Brian. You get more histrionic as the day progresses.
I'm trying for brevity. Thank's for noticing, my arguments are getting better.

You use emotion, as your only reason, for same sex marriage. Sauce for the goose...

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#140963 May 12, 2012
The male-female nature of marriage is part of a peace treaty between man and woman. If that changes, it might create a gender war; nobody wants that.

“Facts”

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#140964 May 12, 2012
Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
Who's forcing you to be gay? You were born that way. It's not my problem that you can't deal with it.
You're about to abolish gay marriage at the federal level?
hahahahahaha
ahahahahahahh
ahahahahahahah
ahahahahahahah
Hubris!
You said the same thing just two years ago when I said that more than half of the states would vote against gay marriage..........LOL

Remember???
Truth has no lib friends

Redding, CA

#140965 May 12, 2012
Bruno wrote:
<quoted text>
As usual you ... C an't U nderstand N ormal T hinking
Very good! I like it. Ouch. LOL
Truth has no lib friends

Redding, CA

#140966 May 12, 2012
Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
Honey, there is NOTHING normal about your thinking. You can't even tell the truth about your little inner conflict. What's the matter? Afraid Mommy will cut you off?
LOL!

Under the creed of modern liberalism, the individual citizen is not called to maturity but is instead invited to begin a second childhood.

Point proven, one more time.

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#140967 May 12, 2012
What does this have to do with the topic at hand?
RiccardoFire wrote:
So if people that have been living there for thousands of years but they don't have a land deed, it's okay to slaughter them and take over ownership of the land?
Why don't they put gays in a reservation and we can say they are not treated like second class citizens?
Well, seeing as they did not believe in land ownership, what would be the basis of the land that has been claimed, parceled, developed and sold since?
Sorry, but this hypothetical fails to rise to the level of even being so much as rational.
Truth has no lib friends

Redding, CA

#140968 May 12, 2012
Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
you're sounding delusional and desperate today.... more so than usual.
And again. LOL

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#140969 May 12, 2012
Brian_G wrote:
I'm trying for brevity.
You’re succeeding. Perhaps, someday soon, you might try for a rational and factually supported argument. The brevity of your posts seems to get in the way of the articulation of rational support for your argument.
Brian_G wrote:
Thank's for noticing, my arguments are getting better.
Hardly.
Brian_G wrote:
You use emotion, as your only reason, for same sex marriage. Sauce for the goose...
Emotion has nothing to do with it, the US Constitution requires states to provide all persons within their jurisdiction equal protection of the laws.

Marriage is a protection of the law.
Homosexuals are persons.

There is nothing emotional about that.
Brian_G wrote:
The male-female nature of marriage is part of a peace treaty between man and woman. If that changes, it might create a gender war; nobody wants that.
That is the dumbest thing you have ever said.

Gay marriage has been legal for 8 years in Massachusetts, and yet there has been no gender war. Come to think of it, there hasn’t even been a gender scuffle.

“A peace treaty between man and woman”? Really? What a maroon.
Truth has no lib friends

Redding, CA

#140971 May 12, 2012
RnL2008 wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't think it was relevant to answer.
Oh really? Why is that? Because sociopathic liberals was right?
Or are you just copying from the other poster on here?
Because you aint smart enough to come up with something on your own?
Or is it all of the above?
LOL
Truth has no lib friends

Redding, CA

#140972 May 12, 2012
RnL2008 wrote:
<quoted text>
but these folks simply won't get it!!!
but you folks just don't get it, that we don't want it! LOL
Truth has no lib friends

Redding, CA

#140973 May 12, 2012
Brian_G wrote:
OUR wonderful President oblamer has already started that war!

United we stand
Divided we fall

Remember liberals, it was and is you who have divided this nation.
Thank you, you selfish immoral jerks.

Since: Jan 12

Commonwealth of Pennsylvania

#140974 May 12, 2012
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
Just a few years ago no states had laws banning gay marriage.......
Liberal California banned gay marriage at the same time they voted in for medical marijuana.........
The tide is turning and more and more people are tired of having the gay lifestyle forced on them......
A few years ago a civil union law would have early passed and today we are about to abolish gay marriage at the federal level....
Yes the truth does hurt......
But you brought this upon yourself....
The tide is turning FOR gay marriage.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/147662/first-time-...

http://www.field.com/fieldpollonline/subscrib...

Homophobic bigots like you are in the minority now. And now that the US president supports gay marriage there is no way to stop the tide equality.

#140975 May 12, 2012
RnL2008 wrote:
California isn't on this list.....but the fact remains that even in spite of the passage of Prop 8......18,000 Same-Sex Couples remain legally married with their California issued marriage licenses!!!
But gay marriage isn't legal in California yet. So that means that the ban on gay marriage is still technically in effect.

#140976 May 12, 2012
Brian_G wrote:
What's it like being mentally retarded?

“Facts”

Location hidden

#140977 May 12, 2012
Wat the Tyler wrote:
<quoted text>
The tide is turning FOR gay marriage.
http://www.gallup.com/poll/147662/first-time-...
http://www.field.com/fieldpollonline/subscrib...
Homophobic bigots like you are in the minority now. And now that the US president supports gay marriage there is no way to stop the tide equality.
The first poll is a year old and the recent vote against SSM proves it is wrong as now there are 31 states banning it....

The second one is from Mervi Fields a known gay supporter and liberal..........ROTFLMAO

What counts are real elections and they say you are heading back to the closet.....

Oslamas poll numbers dropped 7% in one day after he announced his support for SSM..........LOL

#140978 May 12, 2012
Here Is One wrote:
You said the same thing just two years ago when I said that more than half of the states would vote against gay marriage..........LOL
Remember???
People's civil rights should not be left up to a majority vote. Would you have like people to vote on the civil rights of African Americans bigot?

#140979 May 12, 2012
Here Is One wrote:
The first poll is a year old and the recent vote against SSM proves it is wrong as now there are 31 states banning it....[/quote]
Support for same sex marriage differs from state to state. My state of Pennsylvania does not have a constitutional ban on gay marriage and 52% of Pennsylvanians support same sex marriage. A religious southern state like North Carolina opposes same sex marriage.

[QUOTE who="Here Is One"]Oslamas poll numbers dropped 7% in one day after he announced his support for SSM..........LOL
No you are just making stuff up.

“Facts”

Location hidden

#140980 May 12, 2012
Wat the Tyler wrote:
<quoted text>
People's civil rights should not be left up to a majority vote. Would you have like people to vote on the civil rights of African Americans bigot?
I don't care what your opinion is we the voters can and will stop the abnormals from changing the word marriage to include them.......

I have said this trend is growing and we started with one state and we now have more than 30......

Oslama took a 7% poll drop by just making his announcement..........ROTFLMAO

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Boonville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Clearwater Ranch 2 hr alica torres 1
News Elderly couple tied up in Ukiah home invasion r... 11 hr the fear tator 4
News Ukiah police and fire log: Tuesday, Feb. 9, 2016 Thu Here Is One 1
News Hash,' honey oil' lab raided on S. State St. (Apr '10) Thu Here Is One 73
poor mickey williams Thu Here Is One 123
News Ukiah police and fire log: Sunday, Feb. 7, 2016 Feb 7 Here Is One 1
News Ukiah police and fire log: Thursday, Feb. 4, 2016 Feb 4 Here Is One 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Boonville Mortgages