adopting step daughter
faja

Saltillo, MS

#1 May 22, 2013
Trying to adopt step daughter does blood parent have to give up rights

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#2 May 23, 2013
I believe so unless they have been out of their life for a certain amount of time but I'm not 100% sure. Talk to an adoption lawyer and a good one about the circumstances and u should be able to know more. Good luck!
Spectator

United States

#3 May 25, 2013
Not necessarily because there are guidelines that can be grounds for a judge to side with a step parent. You can go through department of human services. And pay nothing but filing fee's. actually have researched myself. If a biological parent has not been in contact or had a relationship with the child for a period of at least 6 months or more and or not paid child support in at least 6 months or more this could actually be grounds for a step parent to adopt a step child. You can google how do I adopt stepdaughter and click and read the human resources links and almost hall of them have the rules and guidelines and how to go about doing it. Good Luck!! My husband has been my sons daddy for 8 years and their biological father just lives in his wife's little fake bubble world and he has plenty of money for drugs and threesomes but no money or even the time to even call his kids in the last two years! My kids were hurt at first but stepmother was so mean and jealous hearted my kids were mentally broke down from terrible mistreatment and their biological father let it go on because he loves with his smaller head, it got to a point they are of age and they don't care if he doesn't call. And they actually call their step dad, their daddy and have ask if they could. And also have ask him on their own if he will adopt them both. They just wanted to be loved and kids cling to the people who love and treat them like precious kids that they are!
mz.thang

Tucker, GA

#4 May 25, 2013
Spectator wrote:
Not necessarily because there are guidelines that can be grounds for a judge to side with a step parent. You can go through department of human services. And pay nothing but filing fee's. actually have researched myself. If a biological parent has not been in contact or had a relationship with the child for a period of at least 6 months or more and or not paid child support in at least 6 months or more this could actually be grounds for a step parent to adopt a step child. You can google how do I adopt stepdaughter and click and read the human resources links and almost hall of them have the rules and guidelines and how to go about doing it. Good Luck!! My husband has been my sons daddy for 8 years and their biological father just lives in his wife's little fake bubble world and he has plenty of money for drugs and threesomes but no money or even the time to even call his kids in the last two years! My kids were hurt at first but stepmother was so mean and jealous hearted my kids were mentally broke down from terrible mistreatment and their biological father let it go on because he loves with his smaller head, it got to a point they are of age and they don't care if he doesn't call. And they actually call their step dad, their daddy and have ask if they could. And also have ask him on their own if he will adopt them both. They just wanted to be loved and kids cling to the people who love and treat them like precious kids that they are!
Awww that's sweet they want to call daddy:) did he adopt them??
Spectator

United States

#5 May 25, 2013
Not yet but he wants too. He says they are his boys anyway! No matter what he has loved and supported them for going on 9 years and their bio dad doesn't even call or come get them on his weekends. Two years now they may have saw him three times at the most. And if it wasn't for the IRS taking his taxes they would get no child support. Makes no sense to me that any real parent doesn't fight hell or high water to be a part of their child's life!
Just me

Memphis, TN

#6 Jun 11, 2013
The easiest way is to get them to sign their rights over, very easy to do that way. But certain circumstances you can like if there has been no contact in a long time and things like that. If they are seeing the kid and still having to pay support it usually isn't hard to get them to sign....especially if they are in arrears.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Booneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Chris Jones 21 min ThaD 3
Size? 1 hr Ignorance is a bliss 92
josh gann (Jul '15) 5 hr Earl 13
Racist police murdering innocent blacks 15 hr love 85
homeless girl 16 hr hope 1
Homeless girl?? 16 hr Hope 1
Jonathan Freeman aka lil jon 17 hr rissak 4

Booneville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance