opinions on best grocery store to sho...

opinions on best grocery store to shop at?

Posted in the Booneville Forum

crazygrl
#1 Sep 11, 2012
where does everyone think is the best and worst place to shop?
teany

Saltillo, MS

#2 Sep 12, 2012
crazygrl wrote:
where does everyone think is the best and worst place to shop?
Walden's for sure! Best deals, prices and employees!! Why would you shop anywhere else?
well

Booneville, MS

#3 Sep 12, 2012
depends on what you're buying, Piggly Wiggly has the best meat, Walden's has the best produce(but are still a bit pricey), and walmart has the cheapest dry and canned goods. So unless you're looking for a one trick pony, do like I do, and spread the wealth.
kim

Vancouver, Canada

#4 Sep 12, 2012
Wal-mart! U can price match from other stores.

Since: Aug 11

Lulu's Virginia

#5 Sep 12, 2012
Barron's grocery. Spent many afternoons of my youth walking there to get a push-up bar.
Agreed

United States

#6 Sep 14, 2012
I completely agree that Pig has best meat, and that Walmart has the best dry goods and canned food! I'm sure Walden's does have the best produce even though it's been forever since I've tried any, Walden's canned goods are decent taste wise and cheaper than the pig, but the same or more expensive than Walmart. I've gotten canned goods at Pig before and the chili and stuff was all just matted up together and came out the can in one big lump looked like nasty dog food or something. And it wasn't just with chill it was also with the vegetables and ravioli too..and there canned goods are so expensive 1$ and somethin for one can of somethin is crazy. You can go to Walmart and buy the same thing and get two or three for the price of one compared to Pig and it taste and look 10 times better. So I guess do like I do and get your meat and produce one place and your canned goods and such in another. Oh and might I add that Pig also has the best bread, the pig brand bread.. good luck shopping!
dang

United States

#7 Sep 14, 2012
I just go to one place. Walmart. I can add match and get everything I need cheap. I do like waldens meat better,though. If I still stayed in tupelo I'd go to Todds for my meat and kroger for everything else bc they're right by each other. Sadly I'm in Booneville so add matching at Walmart is the trick
just me

United States

#8 Sep 15, 2012
Waldens without a doubt
MSNONAME

Coldwater, MI

#9 Sep 15, 2012
Wal-Mart is the best
Michael Scofield

United States

#10 Sep 15, 2012
Walden's is overly expensive and i've heard nothing but horror stories of its owners. Walmart for me or piggle wiggle if I need meat or something quick.
Waldens too high

Corinth, MS

#11 Sep 16, 2012
Waldens is too high! Walmart is the best because ad match. If waldens were more competitive in their pricing it would be fine. They have always been too high. Just about every item in waldens is $0.50 -$1.00 higher than anywhere else. Except the sodas is the only thing competitive. Its a shame gas is so high or I would still be shopping in a Tupelo. Sad waldens give business to walmart by overpricing their stuff. Smart people know its not their cost of merchandise but because they have too high of mark up percentages.
mon of 3
#12 Sep 27, 2012
yeh they are a lil pricey on things. I like their cakes better than walmarts tho. Their bakery is smaller than walmart but better taste and quality i think.
Mississippi650

Tupelo, MS

#13 Sep 28, 2012
Waldens is the best. If you actually take time to look, their canned veggies are usually cheaper than walmart. Good meats and good people own and run the store. walmart is ok but i like supporting the local guy a lil more. Piggly Wiggly is super high and out of touch with the customer base, they wont be there much longer.
momma of 3

United States

#14 Sep 28, 2012
I prefer Walmart their meats are better. And produce is better and you get everything at one place. And ad match. I support my hard working husband since he works there!!
HappyFeet

Tupelo, MS

#15 Sep 28, 2012
I price match at walmart and get all my canned goods there. The meat I get from Waldons. All the ppl at waldons seems nice but I have to save where I can these days. My biggest bill each month is my grocerys.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Booneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
marlan thornton (Mar '14) 57 min paper 75
Sonia Inman (Nov '11) 7 hr Hunter cathey 15
Two hot blondes at big v (Oct '15) 16 hr courts 5
Confirmed that Melodi Presley has hepatitis. W... 17 hr Primedesign 10
Can anyone. Tell me ? Sat Crissa 1
What happen to Trey Noah Fri Wondering 1
Hott woman Fri Looking 1

Booneville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance