Booneville man shot and killed during...

Booneville man shot and killed during domestic disturbance call

There are 56 comments on the Newms360.com story from Apr 24, 2012, titled Booneville man shot and killed during domestic disturbance call. In it, Newms360.com reports that:

A Booneville man was reportedly shot and killed Monday night by a police officer responding to a domestic disturbance call.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newms360.com.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Add

United States

#1 Apr 25, 2012
It was Dave Curtiss... This case is under investigation and they aren't giving the public any details on it and will delete any information shared on topix as soon as they see it... People shouldn't be talking crap about either party involved. And should be praying for both families.
the truth

Tuscaloosa, AL

#2 Apr 25, 2012
Unless u was there then keep ur comment to yourself. Cuz no one knows what happen except for the family. The family is going threw a hard enough time with out everyone get on here running their mouth
Wrong

Oxford, MS

#3 Apr 25, 2012
the truth wrote:
Unless u was there then keep ur comment to yourself. Cuz no one knows what happen except for the family. The family is going threw a hard enough time with out everyone get on here running their mouth
Actually other people DO know what happened. The law enforcement officers who were doing their job that night know what happened. And they have been interviewed by investigators, so I am guessing the investigators have a working knowledge of what went on. The medical examiner who autopsied Mr. Curtiss knows some of what happened based on the condition of the body. So I would be careful saying only the family knows what happened. Just ain't so.
the truth

Tuscaloosa, AL

#4 Apr 25, 2012
Wrong wrote:
<quoted text>Actually other people DO know what happened. The law enforcement officers who were doing their job that night know what happened. And they have been interviewed by investigators, so I am guessing the investigators have a working knowledge of what went on. The medical examiner who autopsied Mr. Curtiss knows some of what happened based on the condition of the body. So I would be careful saying only the family knows what happened. Just ain't so.
was u there did u see it if not shut ur mouth cuz I know the family personnel I
who was there
Getting on my nerves

Booneville, MS

#5 Apr 26, 2012
Hey moderator, I hope you realize that neither the families on either side of this tragic event or especially the officer involved benefit in any way from you using this to get "ratings" for this site. All of the threads that have anything to do with this have those little flames beside it which is an indicator of a "hot" topic. This is a tragic topic. A man was killed, and another man has to live with having taken his life, this is not a situation that should be promoted in even the slightest of ways, and I think, that this time, you've gone too far. I don't necessarily think they should be removed, left alone, they'll go away, but those little flames will do nothing but serve to fuel the situation and help to polarize an event in which those involved have enough anger and sadness to deal with without fueling rage. Please take those little flames off of these topics. These people deserve to be able to grieve in peace.

Since: Apr 12

Tuscaloosa, AL

#6 Apr 26, 2012
Well I hope u know this will be swept under the carpet just like all the other murders we have had her in booneville. U can not win when it comes to our crooked cops here. Sorry I have no respect for this law enforcement in this town. They are the biggest gang in this town and will stand behind each other even if they are in the wrong. Just cause that man was known by law enforcement gives them rights to kill him by shooting him in the back. Watch and see NOTHING will b done!! Welcome to the worst place on earth for crime by cops that goes on. If they can't get u one way they will get u another by either sending u to prison for live or killing u.. Feel so sorry for this family cause his death was wrong and not crap will b done to justify it..
prissy

Baldwyn, MS

#7 Apr 26, 2012
You are right!! Just like years ago when that black guy Rodney died in the woods and the cop said he died of hypotherma(?)and it was summertime and all the people that have died in the jail!!The cop that done this made a bad mistake and i hope and pray that the family gets justice for this!! IVE KNOWN that family my whole life and Dave was a good sweethearted man, yes he had problems who dont?? but he did not deserve to die, plain and simple!!

Since: Apr 12

Tuscaloosa, AL

#8 Apr 26, 2012
Ive been on both sides so trust me when I say I know how the law works around here!! Crooks !! I teach my kids that the law is not ur friends stay away from them!! Will continue to do so as long as I have to stay in this town!! They are worse than the drug dealers in this town!!
just foryourinfo

Tupelo, MS

#9 Apr 26, 2012
they would not be removing these is people were not slandering David name, and talking ugly. Yes it does need to be in news and Gotten to the bottom of , but other talking crap about him THATS WHY IT WAS REMOVED
Getting on my nerves

Booneville, MS

#10 Apr 26, 2012
First off, as far as somebody dying of hypothermia, there may be two answers to that: 1. if he'd gotten wet somehow, and/or just laying on the ground can literally suck the heat out of you in the night, in reality the spring summer and fall yield as many or more deaths from hypothermia because people are unprepared for the temperature change, and sleep on the bare ground. 2. he could have gotten hyperthermia, which is essentially getting too hot during the day, and then didn't seek any water or shade to bring down his core temperature. Either way, once his body started to shut down, it was only a matter of a couple of hours before it completely gave up on him. As far as the people dying in the jail, that should be looked into if its been a problem. But in my experience, its usually the people that stay in trouble in one way or another that really have problems with cops so I'm not really concerned about the petty bickering. Cops leave me alone because I am a law abiding citizen. I know that I can call on them when I need them and I'm happy that they are there and willing to risk their lives in defense of those who can't defend themselves as well as upholding the law. That being said I think it best that we let the MBI do their job. And let these threads just go away for the sake of the officer and the family of the man who was shot.
jehoosafat

United States

#11 Apr 26, 2012
Getting on my nerves wrote:
Hey moderator, I hope you realize that neither the families on either side of this tragic event or especially the officer involved benefit in any way from you using this to get "ratings" for this site. All of the threads that have anything to do with this have those little flames beside it which is an indicator of a "hot" topic. This is a tragic topic. A man was killed, and another man has to live with having taken his life, this is not a situation that should be promoted in even the slightest of ways, and I think, that this time, you've gone too far. I don't necessarily think they should be removed, left alone, they'll go away, but those little flames will do nothing but serve to fuel the situation and help to polarize an event in which those involved have enough anger and sadness to deal with without fueling rage. Please take those little flames off of these topics. These people deserve to be able to grieve in peace.
the moderators don't add the flame icon, it happens automatically if the thread is popular enough. i'm not sure what the criteria is but it's probably a post count or maybe how frequently it's posted in or number of views or all of those. it's not the mods doing though it's part of the forum's software
think about it

Iuka, MS

#12 Apr 26, 2012
if it was the other way around who would you be talking shit about surely not the one thats everone has said didnt do anything
ItsReal

Booneville, MS

#13 Apr 26, 2012
the truth wrote:
Shut the f up.You don't own this forum.
Sad and pissed off

United States

#14 Apr 26, 2012
Add wrote:
It was Dave Curtiss... This case is under investigation and they aren't giving the public any details on it and will delete any information shared on topix as soon as they see it... People shouldn't be talking crap about either party involved. And should be praying for both families.
Dave was a good friend of mine. And I know mama Cheryl, his boys, his 7 brothers and anyone else are hurting deep inside. You fuckers from booneville are absolutely pathetic. I bet half of you have no idea he and cheryl lost a son too. Get over yourselves. None of you are right. The officer wasn't right. Nobody's perfect. But no one deserves to be tased and shot in the back. And even more so, Cheryl and his son didn't deserve to witness it and lose a loved one so dear to their hearts. Y'all need to just think about it. It could've been anyone. It could've been you, or your dad, brother, husband, anybody. But it was Dave. So count yourself lucky. Get off the damn internet and live your life, because nobody took it away from you yet. Next time it could be you. So if you're not gonna pray for the family at least pray for yourself. Gossip is a sin, and booneville is plagued with it.

And all you cops out there better know something : you can't just do whatever you want. It WILL catch up with you, whether on this earth or on judgement day, you will receive your karma.

Love you mama Cheryl, little man, Jesse,
Sad and pissed off

United States

#15 Apr 26, 2012
And all you out there missing dave
i know

Tupelo, MS

#16 Apr 26, 2012
prissy wrote:
You are right!! Just like years ago when that black guy Rodney died in the woods and the cop said he died of hypotherma(?)and it was summertime and all the people that have died in the jail!!The cop that done this made a bad mistake and i hope and pray that the family gets justice for this!! IVE KNOWN that family my whole life and Dave was a good sweethearted man, yes he had problems who dont?? but he did not deserve to die, plain and simple!!
frist off you need tell the truth the black guy rodney died on new years night.i did'nt know new years was in the summertime?but he ran in a car from police when he stoped on old marietta road he run on foot into the woods.bpd and pcso looked for him and did'nt find him a deputy found him early the next day in a creek.and it was in january and there was a little ice on the ground.thanks for not telling the truth
was there

United States

#17 Apr 26, 2012
i know wrote:
<quoted text>frist off you need tell the truth the black guy rodney died on new years night.i did'nt know new years was in the summertime?but he ran in a car from police when he stoped on old marietta road he run on foot into the woods.bpd and pcso looked for him and did'nt find him a deputy found him early the next day in a creek.and it was in january and there was a little ice on the ground.thanks for not telling the truth
the temp that night was 26 degrees. The guy was drunk and had drugs I. His system which made his blood thin. And he jumped out of a car and ran into a freaking pond on the side of the road. All he was wearing was a t shirt and jeans. And got soaking wet. It wouldn't take log at all to die in those conditions with that clothing.
dontgetmad

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#18 Apr 26, 2012
prissy wrote:
just wanted to let you know that black man you said died in the summer did not, he died in the winter! It happened just down the road from where my mother lives and I remember it very clearly. The night it happened it was down in the high 30s. It took redbone hounds to find him and when they did find him,he had crossed a big ditch and gotten wet, he did not have a coat on and died of hypothermia! But I guess it was the cops fault that he ran from them in the dark, without a coat and crossed the ditch and got wet! So yea they made it dark, they made it cold and they made the ditch that had water in it!! Have a good day!!
that boy

Booneville, MS

#19 Apr 26, 2012
dontgetmad wrote:
<quoted text>
just wanted to let you know that black man you said died in the summer did not, he died in the winter! It happened just down the road from where my mother lives and I remember it very clearly. The night it happened it was down in the high 30s. It took redbone hounds to find him and when they did find him,he had crossed a big ditch and gotten wet, he did not have a coat on and died of hypothermia! But I guess it was the cops fault that he ran from them in the dark, without a coat and crossed the ditch and got wet! So yea they made it dark, they made it cold and they made the ditch that had water in it!! Have a good day!!
the way this police dept is run they prob put him out of the car so he would run and they could shoot him in the back ,like they did (mr curtiss)(
BStevens

United States

#21 Apr 26, 2012
Stand behind our law enforcement bc they are here to protect and serve and they wouldnt been there if they wasnt something going. Thanks for what yall do for us. Hats off to BOONEVILLE PD AND PRENTISS COUNNTY SO

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Booneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who's Amy's baby daddy? 2 hr Curious 1
audrey and lucas crow 4 hr Js tho 4
anthonys wreck? 5 hr jw 4
Noel Wilson 6 hr knows 8
Gary wright (Oct '11) 6 hr yomomma 13
Kaycee Fisher McDuffie posting on pay it forward 6 hr Mobile Patrol Exp... 7
Memory Cheyenne 7 hr MEMORY. 4
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Booneville Mortgages