of 2
Next Last
countryman

Jackson, MS

#1 Aug 21, 2012
Who had the bad wreck in jumpertown?

United States

#2 Aug 21, 2012
Heard it was a 14 year old ejected from the bed of a pickup. Air Evac was on the scene. Don't know anything else but hoping and praying he's ok.

United States

#3 Aug 21, 2012
It was a young girl. She's in Memphis but has cerebral bleed.
Cardinal

United States

#4 Aug 22, 2012
It is Kayla Downs. She was riding in the back of a pickup and got slung out. She is currently at LeBonheur where she was airlifted. She is improving slowly and her brain swelling is at 11. If it goes over 15 it will be bad. Heard that this morning it may be even better now! Pray!
Love3

Booneville, MS

#5 Aug 22, 2012
Kayla Bridges. Not Kayla Downs. She is a 7th Grader at Jumpertown.

United States

#6 Aug 22, 2012
Oh dear. Praying for the best.
good grief

Tupelo, MS

#7 Aug 22, 2012
What about the driver? Is he/she in jail?
lookingaround

Monroeville, AL

#8 Aug 22, 2012
good grief wrote:
What about the driver? Is he/she in jail?
James "Doe" Butler from Blackland was driving. The cops knew Doe was "fucked up", he 420 friendly & loves his pills. So they did a blood sample results will be back soon. But I hear it's up to the girls father to press charges or not..that bullshit in my book. DUI from alcohol and causing bodily harm will get you some jail time. But doesn't DUI other carry the same weight??? Doesn't the county DA or policemake that call instead of her father?? DUI is DUI!!! Booze, pot or pills.
taco the first

Pinola, MS

#9 Aug 23, 2012
if he was intoxicated and caused an injury like that, running over someone, it's not up to the girls father to press charges, the state/city will press the charges. about twelve years ago i got a felony charge and the guys mom didn't want charges to be pressed cause we had worked things out on our own but the state picked up the charges anyway. don't worry, if he was tore up(and being doe butler i don't doubt it for a second) he will be charged and will likely serve some time. i just hope the little girl is ok.

and i'm also wondering how doe butler had any gas to put in his truck, as much as they all huff gas i'm surprised there is a drop of it left anywhere on their property
curious

Booneville, MS

#10 Aug 23, 2012
From previous post did I read she was ejected from back of truck? If he is this type of person, why was she in a vehicle with him?
Cardinal

United States

#11 Aug 23, 2012
curious wrote:
From previous post did I read she was ejected from back of truck? If he is this type of person, why was she in a vehicle with him?
She was riding with his daughter Valerie. They go to school together. He had no alcahol in his system because he passed the breathalyzer. He had taken a "prescription" llortab but was trying to puke it up before the police came.
Cardinal

United States

#12 Aug 23, 2012
Love3 wrote:
Kayla Bridges. Not Kayla Downs. She is a 7th Grader at Jumpertown.
thanks for correcting me dimwit. But I know. I know her better than you because I am related to her..but with so many tragedies going on why wouldn't it be acceptable for me to simply make a mistake and say downs. I KNOW it is BRIDGES. So before you correct someone next time just shut up. My family is going through enough!
curious

Booneville, MS

#13 Aug 23, 2012
Thank you for replying.
I dnt know this person an by no means judging. I found it hard to believe if the above things were correct a childs parent allowed it.
Pls let the family know they are all in my thoughts an prayers.
Cardinal wrote:
<quoted text>
She was riding with his daughter Valerie. They go to school together. He had no alcahol in his system because he passed the breathalyzer. He had taken a "prescription" llortab but was trying to puke it up before the police came.
Love3

Booneville, MS

#14 Aug 23, 2012
Excuse me but I didn't mean anything by it. I simply made a correction.
How childish! You think you are the only one who has problems? Your not. I lost my father two weeks ago do maybe next time you start to call names think about the families who are a little less fortunate!
I understand completely how you could have got confused.
Praying for this family and Kayla!
calmdown

United States

#15 Aug 23, 2012
Cardinal wrote:
<quoted text>
thanks for correcting me dimwit. But I know. I know her better than you because I am related to her..but with so many tragedies going on why wouldn't it be acceptable for me to simply make a mistake and say downs. I KNOW it is BRIDGES. So before you correct someone next time just shut up. My family is going through enough!
. Calling someone a dimwit. How about pathetic. Because thats what your remark was. The reason it was corrected im sure is so others who read this would know the childs true identity. I understand your sadness. But lets not get our panties in a wad now. Just breath. And a say a lil pray. Im surely praying for kayla and all others who have been involved in recent accidents.
Cardinal

United States

#16 Aug 23, 2012
Kayla has been taken off life support this morning and she has opened her eyes! If you tell her to squeeze your hand she will! Thanks for the prayers!!
Cardinal

United States

#17 Aug 23, 2012
Love3 wrote:
Excuse me but I didn't mean anything by it. I simply made a correction.
How childish! You think you are the only one who has problems? Your not. I lost my father two weeks ago do maybe next time you start to call names think about the families who are a little less fortunate!
I understand completely how you could have got confused.
Praying for this family and Kayla!
if you would have said it nicer I wouldn't have got offended! Do you honestly think if you said it,like you are trying to say you did, that that wouldnt sound disrespectful to me? It's the attitude that made me mad! I don't care what you say, you could have said that different! While you are on here trying to make problems, I'm going to go worry about my family. I know you understand, but if you were so upset and you had to put a comment on how your dad was doing, and you put the wrong name because you wasn't simply thinking about it? And someone got on here and said OH! It's not that name! It's this!!.......just put yourself in my point of view. My family thought this was disrespectful. But I'm going to better myself and my family for Kayla! So goodbye.
Love3

Booneville, MS

#18 Aug 23, 2012
I simply said Kayla Bridges.. Not Kayla Downs.
How can you tell if someone has attitude through words that have been typed? You simply can't.
I corrected you because people would obviously want to know the girls correct identify. There could be a Kayla Downs in the area and if someone were to get on topix and see that name it could have caused a lot of misunderstanding! That's how rumors get spears and people are misinformed.
I undoubtedly know how it is to not have a clear head in a time of tragedy. No disrespect was meant by me correcting you. Was I supposed to be a mind reader and automatically know she was your family? I'm sorry honey, but I don't have that ability.
It was however very disrespectful for you to call names and try to start drama over someone ( a complete stranger) correcting you. Very childish on your end. I'm not that type of person and I definitely wouldn't be offended by someone correcting me with the right information. Nobody in this world is perfect! I don't know you or your family, but I am praying for each of you and for a full recovery for this little girl!
very well

Booneville, MS

#19 Aug 23, 2012
Cardinal wrote:
<quoted text>if you would have said it nicer I wouldn't have got offended! Do you honestly think if you said it,like you are trying to say you did, that that wouldnt sound disrespectful to me? It's the attitude that made me mad! I don't care what you say, you could have said that different! While you are on here trying to make problems, I'm going to go worry about my family. I know you understand, but if you were so upset and you had to put a comment on how your dad was doing, and you put the wrong name because you wasn't simply thinking about it? And someone got on here and said OH! It's not that name! It's this!!.......just put yourself in my point of view. My family thought this was disrespectful. But I'm going to better myself and my family for Kayla! So goodbye.
I didn't see any attitude in what this person said in correcting you. They were simply letting everyone know the correct name of the injured girl.

I'm sorry to have to attack this point, but you referred to the girl as your "family" and it may just be me, but I know the correct names of my family members. And to add, if I was under stress and upset from a situation to the point that I couldn't even get their name right, then I wouldn't be wasting my time posting incorrect information on topix, I would be using that time to pray for this little girl's well being. It would seem however that you are more worried about starting drama on an gossip forum than you are about Kayla.

My prayers are with Kayla and her family, even the ones that don't know her last name, during this time of tragedy.
crazy

United States

#20 Aug 23, 2012
Sounds like cardinal needs to visit the coo coo nest. Or hell maybe shes lost from it. If i had a tragedy as such in my family,the last thing id be worried about is someone correcting a mistake i made on TOPIX.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Booneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Where is she 12 min Goofy 3
J.R. Thompson And Morgan Brittany 13 min Curious 1
Senters 52 min Smh 3
News Drug Court: A chance for redemption (Apr '12) 2 hr ShyGirl228 105
Men's white boxers 2 hr boxers on clearance 8
Girl at murphys 3 hr lamebrain 4
pj tamales 3 hr lamebrain 2

Booneville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance